4.2.2 made WoW unplayable...

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

4.2.2 made WoW unplayable...

Unread post by Tsuki »

Ever since 4.2.2, I have been unable to play wow.
Loading screens take nearly half an hour, control inputs are pretty much 10 seconds off, and every time I try to summon or dismiss a pet, it says I have no pet to summon/dismiss, when I clearly do. I can't enter instances, as the purple portal that lets you enter never appear for me.
I've tried repairing, clearing cache, running with no addons, pretty much everything, and yet I still end up swimming in air due to lag.

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Kargath (US)

Re: 4.2.2 made WoW unplayable...

Unread post by Britany »

That's really odd. I don't have that problem.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wish I could be of more help, but I have no idea what the problem might be. I haven't experienced any issues after the patch.
Kaleos
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul/Nesingwary

Unread post by Kaleos »

Are any other games or programs effected on your computer? Trying running something else and see if you notice a difference in performance. If so it might be a hardware issue.

If not then see if you can get into WoW and set all your video settings to the lowest possible option and restart, if the problem still persists try to run WoW in openGL mode. Follow these steps to do it

http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article. ... leId=19391

That's about all I can think of, the openGL steps worked for my laptop when I was having issues.
For just one click a day, you too can sponsor a squiby pet. Do it! :D
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Was 4.2.2 when they changed their networking code to optimize for low latency? If so, try changing that option (somewhere in the settings, can't check where as I'm typing this from my phone).
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Anyia wrote:Was 4.2.2 when they changed their networking code to optimize for low latency? If so, try changing that option (somewhere in the settings, can't check where as I'm typing this from my phone).
This worked o:
Thank you so much ;3;

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Happy to help - I'm glad it worked for you!
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

I was going to suggest making sure your addons are all up to date, as I've had that effect from Recount immediately following an upgrade - and it went away as soon as I downloaded the latest version.

But it doesn't sound like that was your problem - glad you're up and running again!
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I had an interesting bug last night while in a raid. My internet kept cutting out on me and after the third time when I dismissed my pet (wrong pet and it was missing the control bar anyway), I was then unable to summon a new one. When I clicked on my whistle nothing happened. No list of my 5 pets popped up at all and it said I had none. I tried restarting the game, reloading UI, dropping party, etc. Nothing worked. I had to open my Spellbook and click on the whistle in there to see the 5 pets I had on me. Even then I had to guess which spot he was in because I couldn't remember, and it didn't display which was what pet. I ended up going clicking them all til I found the one I wanted. After a while, and a death later, it worked again. Guess the death fixed it.
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Seilahyn wrote:I had an interesting bug last night while in a raid. My internet kept cutting out on me and after the third time when I dismissed my pet (wrong pet and it was missing the control bar anyway), I was then unable to summon a new one. When I clicked on my whistle nothing happened. No list of my 5 pets popped up at all and it said I had none. I tried restarting the game, reloading UI, dropping party, etc. Nothing worked. I had to open my Spellbook and click on the whistle in there to see the 5 pets I had on me. Even then I had to guess which spot he was in because I couldn't remember, and it didn't display which was what pet. I ended up going clicking them all til I found the one I wanted. After a while, and a death later, it worked again. Guess the death fixed it.
I've had similar issues, but this was from before 4.2.2... strange UI issues (mostly involving pets from what I've seen) have been happening since the mini patch before that... Really not sure what's going on, but it can be anything from the pet bar disappearing, to no pets showing up in the call pet button/list :( It's really annoying. I once had to just use my random pet macro over and over til I got the right pet out because I DC'd, or maybe just died, at the final boss in ZG.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave