Dear tank,

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Dear tank,

Unread post by Comett »

Firstly, I would hope that some day soon you figure out the correct ways to use Death and Decay and Death Grip. It is not useful to pop a DnD on the ground in front of you and DG one mob (from a pack of 5 with multiple casters) to yourself, leaving the 4 remaining mobs running around, hitting everything including yours truly (the healer). The point of DnD is to get aoe threat to stop mobs from automatically hitting the healer, who generates healing-based threat. I do not even play a Death Knight and I know this.

Secondly - yes, I am a Paladin; no, I cannot heal myself through endless torrents of ads. Remember that spell I mentioned up there? DnD? The amazing thing is you can pop that down at my feet and - woosh - mobs will go to you! Threat! It's an amazing thing, learn it. I understand having one or two moments of trouble, but actually going out of your way to create an account on my server and message me "Are you an idiot? You're a Paladin, heal yourself!" is pathetic.

Speaking of pathetic - yeah - get a life or something; don't make accounts on other servers purely to harass people. Will report.

Finally: If a healer needs mana, 9 times out of 10 they will SAY SO. Standing around for 5 minutes not mentioning a thing does nothing to help the dungeon. That's why we were given the ability to chat to other players in our dungeon group. A quick "hey heals, did you need mana?" saves everyone time - I, for one, assumed you went afk, and being the OP individuals the rest of the group are, we went ahead to pull the boss (and actually did perfectly fine til nub dps 1 and 2 got 1shot and died). I did laugh though when you tried to prove your point by not pulling off us. No, I don't usually do this, but I'm here to finish a heroic, not wait around because the tank decides to be antisocial. I'm in a bad mood, have a headache, and just want to get the thing done. So don't go off at me because you were too lazy to type "hey heals, want mana?" - particularly after your appaling, ebay-toon style performances for the past few groups of mobs.

~~~

So yeah, long story short, fail pug. I admit I shouldn't have pulled the boss, but the tank was running around in circles and not saying a word, and I was sitting here trying to keep my "on cast" proc active... and then they went and messaged me on my home server (ya think, if you actually knew about paladins, as your comment implies, you'd know we regenerate mana via combat anyway)

bit of fault on both sides but that last message was the icing on the cake.

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Dear tank,

Unread post by Comett »

I told my friend this story and he was rolling around laughing. :P Now I've calmed down I can see how stupid the whole thing is. WoW is srs bsns!!!

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Comett wrote:I admit I shouldn't have pulled the boss, but the tank was running around in circles and not saying a word, and I was sitting here trying to keep my "on cast" proc active...
I hate that - all hp and mana bars are full, trap launcher's on, MD is on tank... and tank just wanders around with thumb up rear.

And you know he's not AFK because again, he's moving... in small hesitant, aimless shuffles, but he's moving. Usually doesn't get around to actually attacking until MD has worn off.

A few times (when I knew bars were full, tank was not afk and no one was waiting for CC) I've used multishot before MD wore off, to force the slow thinking tank to get moving.

Some tanks are good and realize what traps are, and that when you're facing off with a bunch of mobs and you hear a series of WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH of short buffs all landing on you - it's time to attack. Others not so much. :|
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

Aha, I'm glad someone sympathises!

I just had a really bad run of "pug luck" last night. I ended up with two or three people on ignore, that tank there one of them (and reported), a couple of fail groups... I did end up just going to bed lol ._.

Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

I am one of those tanks that as long as I see the healer having efficient mana for me to continue pulling, I...continue pulling. Heh.

(Honestly I don't wait for mana for DPS'ers...unless I know the pull ahead is a tough one. Otherwise I feel its fine for them to sit back and get mana while the rest of us continue. It doesn't hurt to catch up.)

But when the healer is out of mana, I stop and wait for it to be full. I absolutely HATE tanks that let a healer sit and drink...but only till about half mana before continuing to pull. Maybe its a pet peeve, I don't know, but it irritates me to no possible end when Im the one healing a group.

Now I will admit that I will stop and ask if the group is ready on Boss fights. Just to make absolutely sure. (But I usually only do this if Ive had some issues out of the group beforehand. Otherwise I rather just get the dungeon done as efficiently as possible.)
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Mychelle wrote:Now I will admit that I will stop and ask if the group is ready on Boss fights. Just to make absolutely sure. (But I usually only do this if Ive had some issues out of the group beforehand. Otherwise I rather just get the dungeon done as efficiently as possible.)
One funny raid boss encounter I had.
Tank: r?
Me: no, first time here, any tactics?
Mage: ffs press j
Me: Yeah, sure, but some communication in the group wouldn't hurt.
<I press J to open the dungeon journal>
<Tank pulls>
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Ouch I hate when that happens >.< I'm sorry :( Both my husband and friend were also amused- as was I! We have ALL been there before. I find that sometimes venting definitely helps! I hope your next group gets better!
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

I did have the pleasure of finally getting a really nice pug group last night... I was healing, and there were a tank/dps guildie pair, and the group in general was just really nice. Not overly chatty, but very friendly and pleasant. I actually whispered the tank at the end and thanked him for restoring my faith in WoW pugs haha.

Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Andine wrote:
Mychelle wrote:Now I will admit that I will stop and ask if the group is ready on Boss fights. Just to make absolutely sure. (But I usually only do this if Ive had some issues out of the group beforehand. Otherwise I rather just get the dungeon done as efficiently as possible.)
One funny raid boss encounter I had.
Tank: r?
Me: no, first time here, any tactics?
Mage: ffs press j
Me: Yeah, sure, but some communication in the group wouldn't hurt.
<I press J to open the dungeon journal>
<Tank pulls>
Whenever this happens to me, when someone tells me that they dont know what to do, I try my best to give them a quick rundown of what just *they* need to do alone for the fight. A few times Ive had the other DPS get pissy with me over it when they would rather me pull, but I try to at least give the new person a heads up of whats about to happen. =P
Furiku
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Furiku »

Heh, I've been there as well. It usually is a dk tank that makes me cringe when I'm healing on my pally and I didn't bring along a tank I trust. Someone usually meets the floor, and let's just say in some cases my mouse sticks in those groups. Too bad I don't have the money for a new mouse heh. ;p

Hey look, they announce Illidan returning in some form and suddenly I'm back. Hmmmm I wonder if there's a connection. :D

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I love being a DK tank but i hate dealing with them -if- i come to the conclusion they arent very good.. ive seen so many dk's through 58-85 that are so ungodly awful and the dps is horrendous and they DG and DnD at every chance (this is actually a guildy im talking about from my ally side).. its just.. i will log off my characters and play a diff faction or server and say that 'i gotta go out for a bit' just so i dont group with him, and its not just him on his dk, its him on EVERY CHARACTER, he has all dps chars but they're all plate which is all the natural tank classes besides druid and he does tank type stuff which ticks off the real tanks.. >< I gotta say, i lul'd when you said he was running in circles.. >.>;; but yea when people want a dungeon done, they will damn right get the dungeon done or at least try to if possible, specially if its the last boss ><

But man.. i do love me some dk's when they know how to play.. and god do i ever love being a dk tank xD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

I just recently rolled a blood DK. Fun so far though I've only just completed the class intro quests, so my first dungeon run will probably be... interesting.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I can relate about bad tanks...I dont know if there is anyone who can't!
I find many tanks (and to a lesser degree, healers) expect people to treat them like gods gift to the group. Tanks being the usual high in demand spot in groups. They tend to act like spoiled children. On top of that, there are the "tanks" that que that arent tanks, fury/arms warriors, frost/Unholy DK'd, ret pallies...yeah, NO! If you dont have a tank spec AND gear for it, dont que as tank, you will not have anyone happy with you!
And even thoughs who ARE tanks, know your class, know your role in the group. Its to keep thing OFF of everyone else, if there is something on someone other then you, GET IT OFF THEM! Oh, and CC...DO NOT BREAK IT! Gods the amount of times a tank breaks the CC on something(s). And dps doing AoE's/traps etc, dont take the mob out of it! And see that hunter trap right there that is just a little to far away to trigger, yeah, go step in it, it will help!

When I play my DK, my first and formost priority is: Is everything on me? if no, fix that. Secondy, if there is CC, dont break it. Thirdly, keep mobs in the AoE/traps/hand of whateveritisthatwarlocksdo. fourth and usually final, damage.

When I play my Healer, I will try to keep the tank and myself up first and formost and then the dps and pets. however if the tank is just plain fail, there is usually a particular dps that will be getting aggro and they become my focus over the tank.

I prefer dpsing on my hunter in pugs/randoms, not because its the most fun to play, but because of the survivability when stuck with stupidity. Between MD's, pets, and FD. While the party may wipe several times I might die once...might.

Kind of the same reason I like my rogue...Vanish is awsome.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Oh boy have I had some bad PUGs in the last few days. The quality of groups at low level appears to have gone down markedly in a year (last time I levelled a new character) unless I'm getting a string of awful luck.

And, yes, tired of people queueing for roles they don't have the spec or gear for. Tired of shadow priests and DPS shamans running as healers. Tired of ret pallies thinking they can tank.

And sick to death of multiboxers.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Honestly they never should have accelerated low lvl EXP gain as it just defeats the purpose - you don't have time to settle into anything before it's on to the next level bracket, your gear is partly to entirely obsolete, etc. And so a learning opportunity for new players is missed.

I like that they gave 1-60 a facelift - long overdue and much appreciated, credit where it's due - but as it stands it's just eye candy; it could have been more.

Imo it would have worked much better without the EXP acceleration and having new toons start at (cap level - 59).
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

As a person who mainly plays a tank I must say I don't pug anymore...period, why? because I get tird of dps who pull before things are set or don't have any clue what aggro management is, or think that sheeped bad guy is a target. I also really have gotten tired of dealing with healers that think becuase they play priests or shammies they have some how become imbued with other wordly wisdom and have a right to boss the group around. The majority of fights I have seen started in pug groups, when on dps, are between the healer and any one who questions them. I save my tank time for my guild, and while I miss out on the fancy little bag of goods I'm ok with it, less headaches and at least with a guild run I'm know something productive will happen most the time.

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Now a letter from my tank

Dear healer,
I know you have a hard job, keeping me alive and what not, but I'm sorry that my bear ass runs the same speed you do, and my charge has just the longest cooldown. Could i ask you stay close to me and not run the opposite direction when i try to get agro off you? i know that means you have to be in melee, but you get a nice mana back off melee hits too. Also could you kindly stop blaming me when your decked out in full pvp gear trying to heal? Then of course is the normal defence of "My guild group could do it with me like this".

Dear Dps,
I know you are trying to help me kill stuff, but id just like to tell you i dont have unlimited taunts. i only have 2 that are on long cooldowns. Also i know waiting 2 seconds on a pull, misdirecting and tricks of the trade take a little time to cast, but i can only get so much threat with 10 rage... Id enjoy it too if you boomkins would be kind enough to use thorns on me, again it takes time but its worth it trust me!

signature thanks to Kurieno
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

And then tonight I got a healer who wanted to DPS. And pull. And tank, it seems. One of those twinked-out impatient ones who won't wait for anyone, even if it got her killed.
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Morven wrote:And then tonight I got a healer who wanted to DPS. And pull. And tank, it seems. One of those twinked-out impatient ones who won't wait for anyone, even if it got her killed.
Haha, when I was running some friends through on Thy, she was nearly full pre-raid geared.. So our healer was doing much the same... And wouldn't heal. The problem was our tank (a friend and guildy) was still learning cata dungeons, still gearing up, and still learning a bit how to tank... In the end I ended up just pet tanking with Squiggles, so that I could act as healer as well <.<
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

I played through endgame Wrath content, up to and including heroic LK, on a resto druid. When Cata rolled around I leveled my resto shaman first and planned on playing mostly healers. I have 4 healers and 1 hunter at 85, and the only time I log onto my healers is to craft something. The way the majority of random dungeon tanks play has completely ruined healing for me in Cata. Props to those of you who've stuck with it. I'm so enormously frustrated with my healers that my heart just drops whenever I log on and see them all.

TL;DR I've had plenty of those awful groups. I know where you're coming from.

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!