Pretty Torn.

Neverforever
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Anetheron (Horde-US)

Pretty Torn.

Unread post by Neverforever »

So I took about a month off of WoW to get my schoolwork together and also just so I can adjust to my new house. WoW seemed to be getting pretty boring, I've just been sitting there in heroic Firelands gear for a few weeks before I took my break.
I'm debating coming back because the next patch will be here decently soon and I feel like I should get back to the swing of things. But, at the same time, I just really cannot decide whether paying $15 a month waiting for the next patch is worth it.
Plus, I'm worried that if I do go back, it'll feel like a chore again and I'll wind up leaving for even longer. My guild mates hate not having their main tank for raids, they understand that I needed a break, but I don't think they'll appreciate not having me for even longer.
Help. :?

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Pretty Torn.

Unread post by Dewclaw »

It sounds like you're not ready to go back.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Neverforever wrote:Plus, I'm worried that if I do go back, it'll feel like a chore again and I'll wind up leaving for even longer.
I think that's one of the biggest reasons for the massive changes coming up in the new expansion. Players have been playing for years, and after awhile it become more like a job/chore. It's still pretty grindy and people are getting tired of it. Some people think this will kill wow, but honestly, Blizzard has been around for years. They know what there doing, they wouldn't put this much time and effort into the expansion if they didn't think it would be big hit. They got alot of feedback from players, and this is what they wanted.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Neverforever
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Anetheron (Horde-US)

Unread post by Neverforever »

AdamSavage wrote:
Neverforever wrote:Plus, I'm worried that if I do go back, it'll feel like a chore again and I'll wind up leaving for even longer.
I think that's one of the biggest reasons for the massive changes coming up in the new expansion. Players have been playing for years, and after awhile it become more like a job/chore. It's still pretty grindy and people are getting tired of it. Some people think this will kill wow, but honestly, Blizzard has been around for years. They know what there doing, they wouldn't put this much time and effort into the expansion if they didn't think it would be big hit. They got alot of feedback from players, and this is what they wanted.
I know for a FACT i'll be here for Pandaria. That expansion's trailer literally gave me goosebumps. It looks like it'll be my new favorite. The few things they have released are barely scratching the surface. They really did listen to what the players wanted with it though. I'm extremely excited to see the finished product.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'd suggest maybe extending your break for a while, possibly even until MoP is released? :) I know it's a long time, but giving yourself some distance from the game could be the breath of fresh air you need, and that way you can come back feeling enthusiastic.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

I agree with the others - if you got clear of wow, that was probably the right thing to do. It is, needless to say, quite addictive, and right now if there's no concrete reason making you want to go back then I'd stay clear until that changes.

Because otherwise if you renew, you will find yourself making excuses to play, find yourself doing the same stuff as before, and then get mad at yourself for repeating the cycle.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Can hold out for 4.3, at the earliest. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!