Feedback for Eng

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Feedback for Eng

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I'm making this thread so we can post all of our Idea's for Eng, and after we have a good list, I will post it on the Bnet forums for the blue's to read. I remembered someone asked at blizcon if Eng would be getting anymore love. They (Blizz) asked us to give them some suggestions.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is a new crafted mount. We got one in BC, could make one for anyone in Wrath, but got nothing in Cata.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Feedback for Eng

Unread post by Monica Gems »

AdamSavage wrote:I'm making this thread so we can post all of our Idea's for Eng, and after we have a good list, I will post it on the Bnet forums for the blue's to read. I remembered someone asked at blizcon if Eng would be getting anymore love. They (Blizz) asked us to give them some suggestions.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is a new crafted mount. We got one in BC, could make one for anyone in Wrath, but got nothing in Cata.
The Sandstone Drake calls your bluff. Unless you mean engi specifically andnot JUST crafted in general.
AdamSavage

I mean a mount that only Eng can make.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Need a motorized carriage. Think Gilneas carriages, only with no horses; they just move on their own. Oh, and for a name? Horseless Carriage.

Either that or giant robot bunnies. Just use the critter. WHY NOT? :D
Last edited by Kalliope on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

PLEASEPLEASPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE BLIZZ :3 Just having a copter and a motorbike is BORING. I DEMAND MECHANICAL FACTION MOUNTS!

...ahem..now that is over, I do agree blizz needs to give Eng a little love. I mean, being gnomish eng can give you fun items to play with, well goblin can give you lots of explosions. Lots...
and I agree with Kalliope. I'd love to see the carriage as a mount.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

I don't know that we need a third Engineering mount. Does any other profession have more than one?

Instead, I'd like to be able to build a hunter pet. Forget fire spiders and spirit kitties; I want a steam-powered robot wolf. Maybe a clockwork scorpion. Or something. Maybe with modules we can swap in to change the buff it provides? And please, don't make it exotic; all specs need to be able to share in the fun.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

For land vehicles I'd love a goblin hotrod with a driver's seat and 2 passenger seats in the back - the one parked next to the horde faction vendor in Org (and which you get to drive for an oh-so-brief time in the goblin starter quests). :D

For flying, I'd gladly accept the 2 seater bi-plane thing that's been in the game for a while.

And no they're not too big if a 3 seater mammoth is acceptable.
Kalliope

Magli wrote:I don't know that we need a third Engineering mount. Does any other profession have more than one?
Tailors have three different carpet mounts they can make, so they're even with engineering at the moment. So actually, it's alchemy that needs more mounts!

Potion for an eastern-looking dragon mount? Yesplz. Thinking more Falkor-like....

(also, insert shakefist at arch here...again)

YouTube Edition

AdamSavage

How about and Eng mount that is for water only ?

Dr. Who Video!

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Slapperfish wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:How about and Eng mount that is for water only ?
A submarine? :3

That I'd totally approve of.
I agree very much. Either a sub, or a boat....though my guild would have some fun using bad puns...

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Schwert
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: [[US - Proudmore]]

Unread post by Schwert »

I'm going to say no more engineering mounts until other crafting professions get a mount at least. Alchemy got theirs this round finally.

It just seems kind of unfair.

Yes engineers lost their goggles but they WERE best in slot for the longest time. The profession is based more around the silly trinkets and doo-dads than actual gear though it looks like.

((Although they should add new goggles each tier. Seriously. My boyfriend is an engi and I feel bad for him since I end up making weapons as a Blacksmith but he can't do much aside from his toys. Which he loves but...))

I personally think Blacksmiths and Leatherworkers should get a "mount" that's actual just a super spiffed up faction mount of their choice.

Super Armored Mega Chicken for me, please.
Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

- More portals, there is always a need for more portals
- More exploding critters toleaveinlowbietowns
- Mobile AH robot
- Hook to drag flying mounts and Druids to the ground (possibly able to be used by everyone, but made by engineers)
- A decoy that looks like you (think the Mage's Mirror Image) that runs straight ahead for x amount of time/distance that can take a few hits that won't throw you into combat (It'd help lower levels avoid being ganked while questing since they can see the flying mount, throw out their decoy and if the guy falls for it they can run, hide or hearth)

I'd also like a useful toy that doesn't get me killed more often than it saves me. Nitro Boost explosions happened commonly enough for me to be forced to remove them and I wouldn't risk using the Grounded Plasma Shield in any situation. The Cardboard Assassin can be good for tanks, but as a DPS/Healer that doesn't help me very much.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Mechanical Bat mount. Do want. :mrgreen:

AdamSavage

Mechanical Combat Pet that only Eng that are Hunters can use/make. Another option is have it so it any Hunter can have, as long as it's made for them of course.

Dr. Who Video!

Kalliope

Rawr wrote:Mechanical Bat mount. Do want. :mrgreen:
SOLD. :D

YouTube Edition

Tudyk
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thunderlord (A) Uther (H)

Unread post by Tudyk »

Updated mechanical dragonling trinket!

Thanks to Pengupuff for the sig!

ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

I want there to no longer be Goblin/Gnomish engineering.

All of the leatherworking and blacksmithing specializations went away. Anyone can learn anything now in those professions. And though Alchemy and Tailoring have specializations, it's not related to what you can learn/make/use, just gives you bonuses to crafting certain things.

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I would like another teleporter (I use the crap out of my Northrend one still). I would also like to be able to craft better goggles as each tier of armor comes out. Same for guns.

As far as mounts go, I think we got plenty of love with the helicopter and motorcycle. But I would never turn another one down. I want a yellow submarine.
AdamSavage

Ok I think it's time to compile everything into one big list of ideas. This is what I've picked out so far.

* More portals, there is always a need for more portals (teleporter)
* Mobile AH robot
* A decoy that looks like you (think the Mage's Mirror Image) that runs straight ahead for x amount of time/distance that can take a few hits that won't throw you into combat
* Mechanical Bat mount
* Submarine for water only mount (yellow ?)
* Motorized carriage. Think Gilneas carriages, only with no horses; they just move on their own. Oh, and for a name? Horseless Carriage.
* Giant robot bunnies. (mount ?)
* Mechanical Combat Pet that only Eng that are Hunters can use/make. Another option is have it so it any Hunter can have, as long as it's made for them of course.

Dr. Who Video!