Apology from Mike Morhaime

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Apology from Mike Morhaime

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Oh I didnt say there were not the same amount on both sides just that in my server the imature ones are on alliance.
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

i play all horde besides some baby toons and all my server the allys are mostly nice its the horde that are a bunch of immature jerks very few horde are nice im lucking im in the guild im in

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

I'm sure glad there was an apology issued. I don't know why they thought it would be a good idea to officially show a video where it's really obvious that homophobic slurs were being thrown around.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

There was an actual anthropological study done a few years back about WoW, this included various factors including age and if I remeber correctly at that time and taking into account people lying and various other factors that more people under the age of 18 were drawn to the alliance side of things. I'll see if I can find it for you guys. That being said I have to say my son plays horde and is only 14, we have a few other young ones in the guild and to be quite honest they are far better behaved than the "adults". Immaturity doesn't recoginize chronological age only mental :). Also As far as the alliance not ever taking things as far as horde in their verbal abuse I cal B.S. I have an alliance bank toon and i don't know how many times I've had to report for racial slurs as well as an over prevelant use of the "c" word when discussing horde.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The one generalization I'm willing to make about the horde players is that they apparently really like yelling, "For the Horde!" at Blizzcon. :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Oh on both sides on my server trade chat is full of antiy Kiwi slurrs It's what Aussies like to do!
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

GormanGhaste wrote:The one generalization I'm willing to make about the horde players is that they apparently really like yelling, "For the Horde!" at Blizzcon. :)
Well, it's not like the alliance actually has a catchy war cry they could counter with... ;)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

They should make one. Um.... I got nothing. :/
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

I'm glad he apologized for the sexual orientation slurs. However, I think the animosity between the Alliance and Horde is awesome. I like that people can get so passionate about a faction and community that exists online. Of course, I don't want to see any hate crimes or anything, but the verbal banter is funny and adds an extra edge of competition.

I guess it's a little extreme to say that the allies should die irl, but I think it's pretty obvious that it was a joke. When you bring the rivalries from an online community to reality, the language is going to be equally as harsh. The internet is a dark, dark place, not a field of rainbows and butterflies, and I fucking love it. >:)

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I believe that "NOT IN THE FAAAAAAAAAACE!" is a nice, neutral battle cry for the Alliance. Frankly, I don't see the big rivalry thing. I pressed a red or a blue button to make my pretendy fun time man. I am not more or less than anyone else because they picked the opposite color.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

If everyone operated by that logic, the NFL would be obsolete. ;)

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I play Alliance and Horde equally, but I love yelling For the Horde! Got a nice ring to it
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Seems like Blizzard had a derp moment thinking it would be a good idea in any sense.

Bands like CC are a joke anyways though.

Novikova

The NFL would be obsolete if it weren't for OH MY GOD. MEN IN DIFFERENT COLORED SHIRTS. ARRRGH. But people enjoy it, and so it goes. As long as they are happy with their hobby.

Whether or not a band is a joke, there's still no excuse for rampant homophobia at a professional event. Especially not a company with a large sector of LGTBQ customers. Actually, there's no excuse for /anyone/ to pull stunts like this. This sort of language really needs to get put in the trash and taken out alongside racist, sexist and other -ist language. It might 'be a joke' to some, but to a gay person, it's a lot more than that. It's another insult.

Oh well. I guess that makes me a bleeding heart PC police but.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Novikova wrote:The NFL would be obsolete if it weren't for OH MY GOD. MEN IN DIFFERENT COLORED SHIRTS. ARRRGH. But people enjoy it, and so it goes. As long as they are happy with their hobby.

Whether or not a band is a joke, there's still no excuse for rampant homophobia at a professional event. Especially not a company with a large sector of LGTBQ customers. Actually, there's no excuse for /anyone/ to pull stunts like this. This sort of language really needs to get put in the trash and taken out alongside racist, sexist and other -ist language. It might 'be a joke' to some, but to a gay person, it's a lot more than that. It's another insult.

Oh well. I guess that makes me a bleeding heart PC police but.

I meant they literally are a joke of a band, they have no talent and exist only to make money from edgy angsty pissed off teenagers. What they said is vile, but I wouldn't ever expect anything intelligent to ever come out of anyone affiliated with CC's mouth at any time now or in the future.

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

So wait. Some singer I've never heard of from a band I've never listened to dissed my fake club from my video game?
RRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE!!!!!!!
Novikova

Monica Gems wrote:So wait. Some singer I've never heard of from a band I've never listened to dissed my fake club from my video game?
RRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE!!!!!!!
... >_> You ... missed the parts where they bleeped out a bunch of slurs (and badly I might add) insulting homosexual people among other things. Yeah, yeah, most of us who play Alliance are used to the slams but honestly. That doesn't even -begin- to compare to some of the triggery words they used. :/ And that's in the badly bleeped version.

And while there is no accounting for taste, I'm still surprised Blizzard went through with this.

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

dragonaa wrote:i play all horde besides some baby toons and all my server the allys are mostly nice its the horde that are a bunch of immature jerks very few horde are nice im lucking im in the guild im in
Uh...no.
Sorry, but both sides have equally as rude and immature people. I played Alliance for 2ish years and Horde for almost 3, both are very similar. Of course things like pvp/pve progession/ amount of rp varies from realm to realm and faction to faction, but:
Horde =/= immature jerks
Alliance =/= perfect angels.
Both have immature people, both have jerks, both have nice and friendly people. You can't generalize dozens upon dozens of realms over one faction.
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

i didnt say eather were perfect or all jerks just that theirs more jerks on the horde side of my realm

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

I was more just generalizing as there were like..5 or so posts of people claiming one side was worse than the other.