Your characters name and the reason behind it? [If any]

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Your characters name and the reason behind it? [If any]

Unread post by Atalanta »

Does anyone here other than me name their character for a specific or special reason? All my characters have to have something special to me related to their name. Here's my list:

Shansa - Was meant to call her Szana which is Polish for 'Chance' but didn't want people in my raiding guild calling me ZANZA on vent. :lol:

Kalseru - Named after a rainbow dragon. I love dragons to death, and I wish they were real. x.x

Nadzíeja - Polish for 'Hope' - I think this is quite fitting for a Death Knight too.

Atalanta
- I named her after a Greek Huntress, who was just plain awesome if anyone knows about her. Beautiful, and a very strong woman who wouldn't marry anyone unless they could beat her in a foot race. ;)

Coby - Named this Priest after my best friend, who also plays a Priest!

Bluesia - My partners Polish name is Asia, so I just sorta combined Blue with Sia... and this sounded quite cool!

What about you? :D

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Your characters name and the reason behind it? [If any]

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Cowmuflage - Eh bad pun joke XD
Gulag - We were learning about Starlin in history and his prison camps or "gulags" XD I liked the name so I used it.
BeefCakeMan - Named after the GWAR member Beef cake the mighty!
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Hmm, well...

Serenith: Well, I kinda liked Serenity, but it didn't feel like a night elf name to me and I intended to RP her, so I fixed it a bit and got this. Probably not the best name I coulda picked. lol
Ailey (eye-lee): My most recent name selection considering I race changed my hunter. Its a variant of something I liked. I just wanted something that sounded cute.
Xuni (zoo-knee): Again, wanted something cute. lol
Eliona: My bf actually had picked this name out a long time ago for a character of one of his stories. I really liked it so I ended up using it for my character.

I have had other characters in the past, so I have had more names, but these are the ones that matter I guess.
Last edited by Serenith on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Khau (Tauren Hunter): A play on the word cow; I was looking for something cute and fun to compliment my over-grown teddy bear of a humanoid-bull.

Auroryn (Blood Elf Huntress): A variant of the name Aurora which means "dawn". My Blood Elf underwent several temporary name changes until this name popped in my head. Seemed appropriate given that Blood Elves revere the sun and its energy.

Kadija (Troll Huntress): This name can mean "born prematurely" or "trustworthy" depending on its origin. I found myself attracted to the sound of it and thought it would fit my Troll huntress nicely.

Chotchke (Goblin Hunter): A variant spelling of the word tchotchke which can mean "knick-knack, bauble, or trinket"; Chotchke is also the name of my bank alt. As the sole purveyor of my other character's excess gold, armor, weapons, and trade goods, I found the definition surrounding the name to be a fitting representation.

Niabi (Draenei Huntress): Niabi in Osage (Native American) means "fawn". Draenei have horns and hooved feet like that found on a fawn or gazelle so that served as the main inspiration. In a small way, I also wanted to pay tribute to my own lineage by using a Native American name for one of my characters (I am part Wintu Indian).

Ghiselle (Dwarf Huntress): This name is simply an alternate spelling of the name Giselle - which was taken at the time of my Dwarf’s creation. Ironically, the spelling also reminds me of the word chisel, which adheres quite nicely imo, since Dwarves are known for their interest in mining and archaeology.

Rosaria (Human Huntress): I drew inspiration for this name from one of my favorite actresses, Rosario Dawson. Not much else to say other than that. Roses also happen to be one of my favorite types of flowers, so I suppose that could also be a contributing factor.

Lilyth (Night Elf Huntress): An alternative spelling of the name Lilith. Lilith is an ancient Babylonian name meaning "of the night" which defines the Night Elves perfectly. I am also partial to beautiful flowers and so, the changing of the "i" to a "y" came about to form the word "lily" within the name.

Synestra (Forsaken Huntress): I was mainly looking for an ominous sounding name when it came time to create this huntress. That is all. When it comes to my Undead characters, I perceive them as having no recollection of their former lives or self once they die. Upon reanimation, they create new names and identities that better adhere to their unfortunate state of existence whether it be positive or negatively (example: Synestra, Amnesty, etc.).

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

Niliana: My first WoW character. I wanted something I could catch onto fairly quickly, when I did a trial run, I played a mage and hated the playstyle. So I made myself a hunter, and I hate being alone in a massive virtual world, so the pets gave me that extra bonus. I originall rolled as a Draenei hunter, loved their accents and went with something that sounded Russian but unique.

Rumpleteazer: When I was on my hunter, I saw another hunter with the name Mistoffolees for one of his pets. I'm a HUGE musical theatre nerd so I rolled a druid with the intention of going cat form with the name from the musical Cats. That didn't work out and now she's a back up healer for our raids lol.

Tantomile,Bombalurina,Mistoffalisa,Jellylorum,Griddlebone,Grizzabella: Paladin, Shaman, Baby hunter, Mage., future Pandarin Brewmaster Monk, undead hunter once upon a time... Followed my Cats theme.

Taintomile: Twisted version of Tantomile, mainly so my guildies wouldn't be confused who I was, then as a shadow priest it kind of fit her lol

Ervae: My baby warlock. Ervae is the name I always fall back to, her name comes from a story I was writing once, now I just use her for mmo's.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Most of mine are from book series. Most.

Tylendil (male blood elf mage) - Named after a book character who is a mage. He ends up dying in the books, but he'll live on forever as my favorite mage!
Tylendal (male blood elf mage) - Same thing, different spelling. I got really creative on my new mage.
Serégil (male undead mage) - Named after a wannabe mage from a book series. He ends up becoming a rogue after failing at magery, but I liked the name.
Wanhope (male worgen priest) - Named after a priest/mage from a book series. Wanhope is his full-on mage name. Dorian was his priest/mage name, but Dorian was taken.
Ellysetta (female NE druid) - Named after a fairy queen in a book series. Fitting for a Night Elf druid, I think.
Sarantha (female orc hunter) - Named after a vampire queen in a book series about Dark HUNTERS! Hah.
Neytireh (female troll shaman) - Named after that Na'vi princess in Avatar because she's a blue troll shaman and I think she fit the look.
Vanyil (male blood elf pally) - Named after Tylendel's boyfriend in the same mage series I got Tylendil from. He is also a mage, but also has a major hard on for healing/protecting his realm, therefore, he is a paladin.
Cÿric (male human rogue) - Named after a D&D rogue who became a god of murder. Fitting for a rogue.
Cerséi (female draenei DK) - Named after Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones. A VERY fitting name for a DEATH Knight if you know who Cersei Lannister is. She has the pitch black Eredar skin, too, which I picked because it made her look more evil.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Right, names. I love these themes. Let's go by race.

Humans:

Zsofia (hunter) and Kezia (warlock). I based my human hunter on myself, because I thought that I would have less chances of deleting her if she looked like me and named her pets after my past and present RL pets. So far it has worked. My name is Sofia, but that and almost all variations were taken so Zsofia it was. It's also a nod to a dear WoW friend who I haven't seen for a long time, who used to call me by the Hungarian version of my name. Kezia is the variant spelling of Keziah, which is a name I just really like. One of Job's beautiful daughters.

Dwarves:

Wulfhild (warrior) and Eadgyth (hunter). Both are names that felt very Dwarfy.

Night Elves:

Lorellin (druid), Lomelinda (hunter), Lindorindel (hunter) and Luiniliel (DK). I wanted all my Nelf names to come from the Tolkien mythos, but not to be obvious choices. Lorellin is a lake in Valinor. Lomelinda is a variation of "lomelindi" the quenya word for nightingales, Lindorindel is a variation of Lindorie, mother of Inzilbeth and Luiniliel is a variation of Luinil which is a star.

Draenei:

Ashanaa (mage), Eshakaa (hunter), Ishalaa (paladin), Osharaa (priest), Ushamaa (shaman) and Yshafaa (warrior). I made up similar sounding names all starting with a different vowel (y is a vowel in Finnish), these are all sisters.

Worgen:

Alburga (hunter) and Elgiva (druid). I wanted to give these two ladies Victorian names, but as one might guess all popular ones were taken. So I remembered the great Victorian love for their own ancestry and went with Anglo-Saxon names as a nod to Victoriana, although not an obvious one.

Orcs:

Echraide (warlock) and Garshanga (hunter). Echraide was a name choice I'm still not happy with, but I just don't feel right changing it. It is a Celtic godess of something or other, I believe, but I picked it for the appealing sound. Garshanga I made up randomly from the name "Gary", which is what my husband and I affectionately call Garrosh.

Tauren:

Dawnsong (hunter) and Sunhaze (paladin). Rather obvious names for female Tauren. I love both of them.

Trolls:

Mozag (hunter), Izikii (druid), Zulmaka (druid), Malakazil (shaman), Mazakeen (shaman), Zinzil (hunter) and Inzil (rogue). My troll sisters. Mosag was the name of Aragog's wife in Harry Potter, Mazikeen is the name of Lucifer's demon lover (daughter of Lilith) in The Sandman and Izikii is a variant of my daughter's nickname Izzy. Zinzil and Inzil (twins), are named after their mother, my first Troll character who was called Inzilbeth. Zulmaka and Malakazil have been made up of Trollish elements.

Belf:

Salariel (hunter). I used to have a Belf pally called Tanariel, and so I made Salariel her sister with a similar name. Tanariel no longer exists, but Sal has remained.

Goblins:

Lazuli (hunter), Soxie (priest) and Felisha (mage). Lazuli is the daughter of jewellers RP-wise, so I wanted her named after a gem. Soxie just sounded spunky and sexy (which se is), and Felisha is a nod to one of my favourite characters from The Wire, albeit spelled differently as Felicia was taken.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

My female Tauren are mostly named after herbs/plants.

Althaea, Calendula, Fragaria: they all are latin names for plants and herbs and as Tauren for me are really connected to nature natural names only seem to fit.

My female Bloodelves all have names from J.R.R. Tolien's universe (Silmarillion, LotR,...): Finduilas, Nerdanel, Faelivrin (who started as Bloodelf and now is Goblin) and Tesfaya - sadly Ireth had already been taken on my server, it's my favourite name.

Morga is a male Orc and often mistaken as female character when I talk about him. But it's an orcish name, again from Tolkien's world.

My male Tauren druid Skeáf ist named after a nordic god from the viking's mythology (also called Skildu or Skjöldhr)

I'm not sure where I got Larkania's name from. She was one of my first toons (my first hunter) but I forgot where her name comes from.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Well....I got a few...
Kynnasmina: (Kin-us-me-nah) There is no "true" meaning for this name, but from me being one of the best healers on the server (I think...14th? Maybe 15th?), a lot of names had appeared after my guild downed Putercide in ICC, like "Kyn" "Kynn" and "Kynna".

Magrallea: (Mag-rell-uh) Same as above, but the name kinda stuck over the time I played her, and it stayed when I race changed.

Lacrymosa: (La-cry-mow-suh) Named after a song. Perfect for a Shadow priest :lol:

And...those are the names I can think of right now ._.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

My main in Wrath was a male belf rogue named Monkey. Personality-wise, Monkey was an annoying jerk-face, who would do anything if it meant it would annoy other people. And so when asked his name, he'd answer with "Monkey," just to get a rise out of the asker. He actually had a real, full, IC name, but wouldn't let people know what it was unless he really liked them. When I created him, I wanted a stupid name for these reasons, and Monkey was one that wasn't taken. I don't play Monkey anymore, sadly - I'm Alliance-side these days.

My main right now is a male human hunter named Kalhoun. When I created him, I wanted to name him something that sounded southern, since he's supposed to be a good ol' country boy. I live in the south, and the name "Calhoun" is pretty prevalent down here, but it was taken on the first server I played him on. So the C changed to a K. It's actually his last name, but that's what he goes by.

Kalhoun used to be a female orc hunter named Ragabash - my main in BC. The word ragabash means someone who is messy and un-kept - someone who's a bit rough around the edges. That was her in a nutshell. She was rowdy and loud, but good-natured.

My male draenei paladin's name is Xurii (Zoo-ree). It just popped into my head. I wanted something that sounded cute since he's a big, lovable, pudge muffin.

Typically I create my character names with at least a small idea about what their personalities are. I don't RP in game anymore, but I still think of them as full on characters. However, my most recent alt (a male nelf warrior) was named via the random name generator. I'd never used it before, but I was absolutely failing at finding a name that wasn't taken. He ended up being named Andenan.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

I've got:

Moore my warlock, named after the same guy my petopia account is named after.

Gewehr my hunter, which is German for gun since he's a hunter and all.

Teigs my paladin, I just think it's a pretty female name.

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Cerele=young me hitting keyboard
Kittyer=Druid who was going to be a cat, name him kitty, names taken? whats more catly than kitty? Kittyer
Lightweilder=pally and correct spelling was taken

signature thanks to Kurieno
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Worba (male orc hunter) - noticed this on a chinese menu while drunk, thought it sounded orcish (still do actually...)
Widoe (female undead fury warrior) - widow was taken
Samehdi (male troll shaman) - named after Baron Samedi of Voodoo mythology, seemed fitting for a shaman
Khitsune (female BE hunter) - named for japanese foxes of myth who could morph back and forth between fox and elf form
Bayou (male goblin hunter) - Louisiana styled goblin swamp hunter
Veneratus (male tauren paladin) - loosely translated from Latin as worshipful or reverent (I said loosely, mind)
Bofors (male dwarf hunter) - named after the Swedish artillery manufacturer
Gunhilde (female dwarf hunter) - actual female nordic name but also a pun in her case...
Ulfhednar (male worgen DK) - means "wolf header" in some old language (I forget which - Saxon maybe?), along same basic lines as "bear sarkers", but instead of bear skins they wore wolf helms and were rumored to assume wolf form in battle... anyway it seemed a nice alternative to actually being a werewolf
Mauser (female worgen hunter) - named for the german pistol
Lenore (female human hunter) - named for the dark muse in Raven, she's the hunter I've earmarked most of the nasty / demonic pets for...
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

Conga, previously Congafury - cool song by Juno Reactor from Animatrix ;p
Don't panic!
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Cerah - Orc Hunter, and my main. Originally named after Cera, the triceratops from The Land Before Time, since the pigtails option for Orcs in the startup screen reminded me of a trike's head shield. Now, since Cerah lorewise was raised in a Tauren tribe, the pigtails are supposed to mimic a Tauren's horns.

Emielee - My Forsaken Warlock, named after Emily, the Corpse Bride from the Tim Burton movie. Her name also fits into the "spelled weird, pronounced normally" theme I started with Cerah.

Bessey - Tauren Druid. She's a cow named Bessie. Need I say more?

Taysha - Half Troll, Half Orc Mage (Green-est troll I could make in-game). She's Cerah's daughter, with my boyfriend's Troll Hunter, Seabaston. I wanted a name that fit both sides of her herritage, and Taysha seems to fit.

Lighthope - Blood Elf Paladin. Her name fits the naming scheme established by my boyfriend with his belfs, Endsong and Lifecurse. Also, she kind of has a She-ra, Princess of Power theme going. Her Pally horse is named Spirit, and her Sparkle Pony's Swiftwind. (Lighthope was the name of the magical pool that advised She-ra in the cartoon).

Meggera - Orc Death Knight. I wanted a name that referenced death with her, and Meggera came to mind, after her role in Disney's version of Hercules, where she was orginally working for Hades, the God of the Underworld (and a good stand in for the Lich King). Besides, Hecate was taken.

Fateflare - half Blood Elf, half Amani Troll Rogue. (spiky haired Blood Elf in-game) Lighthope's son, with a long history in my personal lore. I wanted his name to fit the Blood Elf naming scheme mentioned above, and also to illustrate his inner conflict with his own heritage (unlike Taysha, he was not the product of a happy marriage).

Trixzie - Goblin Shaman. Trixzie was a personal lore character long before Cataclysm was even announced, so I was thrilled to bring her to life! Besides, what better name for a goblin?

Gadjet - Goblin Hunter. She's Trixzie's daughter, and her name has a similar, proud Goblin feel to it.

Lydeea - Forsaken Hunter. Emielee's adopted daughter, and also named after a Tim Burton character -- in her case, Lydia from Beetlejuice. Her pets also have a gothy naming scheme to them, with her favourite being Betelgeuse (the proper spelling), her white and black beetle from AQ20.

Toeph - my poor, neglected Tauren Hunter from Petopians. She's named after Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender, and her pets are named after other characters from the show.

Cielle - Night Elf Priest. Her name is derived from the French word for sky, "ciel", which I thought was suiting for a Priestess of Elune. She has a twin brother in my personal lore, a Druid named Terre, from the French for "earth".

Leata - Dwarf Hunter. Named after Litahatchee, the pen name for a friend of mine who writes incredible Transformers fan fiction (look her up on fanfiction.net). All her pets are also named after Transformers.

Soffi - Draenei Paladin. Just something I thought sounded nice when it came up in the random name generator. Also fits my earlier spelling scheme.

Aniaj - my barely started Orc Mage. She's supposed to be Jaina in disguise, seeing how the Horde works first hand, from an old fan fiction idea I had, but never got around to writing. Her name is simply Jaina spelled backwards.

ChiChi - (or as close as I can make it) My future Pandaren Monk. She's named after Chi-Chi, the panda character from the show Life's a Zoo, though there is another Chi-Chi, come to think of it ...

Bulma - Future Pandaren Shaman or Hunter, and Chi Chi's sister. Will be an Engineer, obviously. If I end up making her a Hunter, her pets will be named after other Dragonball characters.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

"Linesk" is just a bastardization of "Link," since I love the LoZ series.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Oh man i have lots of silly naming stories. :lol:

SylviaDragon- When I was little I always pretended to be a fox demon named Sylvia. After I got into Starcraft Sylvia became Sylvia Death Dragon. A hybrid assassin who could not remember her middle name after being found unconscious. The marines joked that her middle name was Death and it stuck. I actually made a series of novel-sized stories about her when I was 11-13 (roughly a thousand pages telling her story of being betrayed, infested by the Zerg, freed by the Protoss and eventually winning the war against the hybrid race and rediscovering the ancient race she was part of xD) soooooo when I switched to warcraft I had to make Sylvia because the Night Elf hunter could not only looked similar to how she was supposed to look, but also had the nomad sniper personality to fit as well.

Zirithious- comes from the name Sirithious, the first Martiarch of the Arcurian race. (the race Sylvia’s father was from) sirithious was an almost shamanistic kind of person and I needed a name for my shammy but after some thoguht decided the sharper "z" sound fit her more then the softer "s". The wow character eventually developed her own story. She became a ZA orphan who was raised by the blood elves but eventually left because she didn’t belong. She ventured to Outlands to live a quiet life in Nagrand with her ragtag band of animals and the mate she found along the way.

Soleran- (was supposed to be Solaran but the name was taken) a paladin who was framed for murder and on the run after losing everything he had. He eventually ran into Zirithious and the two of them went to outlands together. After making the story I couldn’t help but roll a pally in his honor. xD

Kyreen- Along with making a whole story about the Arcurians and their history/culture I also made a written code for them and worked on an Arcurian Langue! xD Kyreen means soul mate.

BansheeRose- Named after a creature I made up a year or so back. A Banshee Rose is a monster made when two people die fighting each other using black magic. The hate becomes so strong that sometimes it takes on a shape. This monster known as a Banshee Rose feeds on emotions and unless taught to live off of the positive, will kill and feed on the negative. (They can also take on humanoid form) I thought the name fist well for my disc/shadow Draenei priest :>

Sedalb- in the old story, Sedalb was a mutant Zergling who was given free will by mistake and helped to free Sylvia from the Swarm. Its actually just Blades spelled backwards :> Sedalb was an energetic and kind soul but rather wild so it fit my feral troll druid perfectly.

Rem- (undead warlock) I watched way too much Death Note… ok!? :?

I have many more but most of them eventually got deleted. (or like my poor baby pally Sinriral- I forgot the exact meaning after losing the online dictionary for the language I got the name from… I r so smart. S-M-R-T :roll: ) (it had something to do with royal blood and swords… I think )

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I found the name Vephriel years and years ago from a Vampire Name Generator. It was just one of those silly things to do for fun, where you put in your own name and it generates a new one for you.

I don't recall the last name, but Vephriel came out for the first name and I remember really liking it, so it stuck in my mind from then on. I began to use it for a number things, both on old roleplaying forums and in various games. When I started playing WoW it was the first name I thought of to use for my original character, and eventually for my blood elf. :)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Lets see…

Lightfur (Tauren druid): He's not Lightfur anymore as he was faction changed, but he was one of my first characters. I made him on my first, non-RP server, but I loved the idea of racially correct names. One problem: I never actually looked up what Tauren names were like. I just liked Lightfur and used that, as he had whitish fur. I later learned that tauren only have last names like that, but even after he was transferred to an RP server he stayed plain old Lightfur.

Vallrok (Troll hunter): Another early attempt at racially correct names. This one was far more successful. I toyed with the idea of having it technically Vall'rok, but I like it as one word better.

Dalinda (Undead mage): Ugh, my names really are boring. xD Dalinda was a random name that I chose because it sounded like a nice human name. Dalinda's backstory has more about her human life than her Forsaken one, so it fit.

Lysender (Worgen druid): I wanted a name that seemed old, so I searched Shakespeare names. Lysander came up and I really liked it, but it was taken. As was Lysandir, Lisander, Lysandder, and just about every variation… Except Lysender for some reason.

Rassaa (Dwarf hunter, main): I made Ras back when I was copying Mania's every move, AKA making my own Kaet. I noticed how she had odd spelling for her dwarf's name, so I tried to think of a name that sounded similar, as I knew *nothing* about Dwarf names.

Daphine (Worgen hunter): Daph was made to be the daughter of my forum RP character. She's only alive in an AU I have in my head, but that works. Technically her name is Daphne, but that was taken, so I used my RL friend's name. (Her parents didn't speak english well when they named her.)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I've play Final Fantasy games for a very long time, so when it came to wow, I just had to use things from FF as my inspiration. Al Bhed is a language used in FF10. So heres my list:

Charfire, my druid: Name of a weapon in FF tactics

Makoes, Hunter(s) and FF7 themed stables: Named after FF7 Mako Energy Source

Kweh, shammy: The sound a Chocobo makes in FF series

Aeriths, Priest: Named after the strongest (playable) healer in FF7

Darknation, druid (worgen): Named after a cat/wolf boss pet in FF7

Nanaki, druid (worgen): Named after a red firecat playable character in FF7

Stealthly, rogue: He's a rogue, they stealth... sorry, nothing more interesting then that.

Zvek, warlock: Completely random and wanted something sounding a bit harsh.

Sinchar, pally: sort of named after Charfire, but more evil, so SinChar...very dark skinned draenie

Hitokirii, DK (worgen): Hitokiri means "man-slayer", first heard it of of Kenshin, but liked the meaning of the word.

Nanym, druid (worgen): Al Bhed word meaning "Feral" he is bear/cat spec'd

Fhet, shammy: Al Bhed word meaning "Wind"

Nukia, rogue: Al Bhed word meaning "Rogue"

Thats about all the names I can remember right now.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?