Unread post by dragonaa »

i was gonna ask that myself

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Re: Top Baleroc BM Parses.

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Well then. That might explain some of the numbers I've seen on those top DPS for BM. Not saying everyone is exploiting said "bug", but it does give my mind a bit of rest when wondering "what the heck am I doing wrong?"

I pulled 24k on Baleroc once and placed 170th? if I remember correctly. I've been trying so hard to replicate those numbers. It's such an easy fight yet the slightest mess up in rotation can really kill your DPS as BM. My numbers are normally 20~23k now. I've been since bumped off the top 200, maybe due to some of these "bugs" perhaps.

I will never understand the appeal of exploiting or cheating in a game to be the best. To me it just taints the achievement and makes it worthless. If I accomplish something I want it to be without any cheating/exploiting/foul play. How anyone can be proud of what they did when they exploited/cheated is beyond me. =/
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

Gimlion wrote:Like I said, EJ is nothing but what their name depicts. They care nothing for our community, and even their guides for class help is only so they can toot their own horn. I guarantee they knew the risk they were taking for the whole of the Hunter community, they just don't give a rat's ass.
Well, again, nobody on EJ was saying to use the pet; they just helped Duskmourne figure out what was going on.

Is there somebody at WoL we can contact to get the abnormal parses removed from the list?

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

chocolatbear

Unread post by chocolatbear »

I was indeed BM, certain of it because the first time we pulled I wasn't :lol:

Has anyone else tried this? Perhaps my case was just an anomaly. I haven't confirmed it with anyone else.
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

if they are untamable now, the fix must have happened recently. wowhead shows a lord kri tame dated around the end of september.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Had to go check my stables on battle.net to see if I still had my Kri.. He was there, safe.
But seriously? They ruin things for other people.. Jerkfaces.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I don’t think they macro tamed him. I tamed a silthid boss (orange one) the normal way and he kept that MASSIVE dps buff after the tame. After I tamed him I left the raid. (taming him gave us all the stuck in combat bug so we gave up on a full run) I checked out the damage he did with the buff and it was nuts. Duled my 85 priest friend. (I’m lvl 70) and he was eating her health like a half starved dog- taking 3-5k crits over and over again. (this was before auto lvling so the bug was not even 70 yet) But I wasn’t worried about it being an exploit seeing how (if I remember correctly) it has a timer on it and goes away on its own. Also I had the priest kill him since I didn’t want to go into town/bgs with an exploit pet and death removed the buff. Since the buff can happen without you even trying to obtain it I would have to say this is just as much Blizz's fault for not fixing the bug as it is the hunters fault for using it. I doubt they will take the bugs out of the game FOREVER. Hopeful they are just keeping them on hold till they find a way to fix it.

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

One other thing to note here...

Some of the hunters with those parses had multiple of the boss bugs in their stables, so the buff isn't lasting, instead, they are taming a bunch, and saving them for the raid.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They're definitely still tameable on Live. Spiritbinder and I went and checked them out tonight. He tamed 2/3 outright and also checked Princess Yauj but didn't complete the tame on her.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:They're definitely still tameable on Live. Spiritbinder and I went and checked them out tonight. He tamed 2/3 outright and also checked Princess Yauj but didn't complete the tame on her.
YAY!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Wain, did any of the tamed boss silithids have the Vengeance buff, or any other increased dmg buff?

i checked WoL again, and three more BM hunters popped up at the top of the H Baleroc rankings for both 10 and 25 heroic. one is in TW, the other two on US servers, i armoried them and one had a blue boss silithid pet, and the other guy had around 10 blue boss silithid pets. WoL shows the pets did around 65% of the hunters' overall dmg.

starting to see a real pattern here...

also, looking at the overall H 25 Baleroc parse, there's a CN guild parse that is somewhat bugged. All of the players' names are "PRINCESS YAUJ" which also happens to be the name of the blue silithid boss in AQ40.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nightsights wrote:Wain, did any of the tamed boss silithids have the Vengeance buff, or any other increased dmg buff?.
I didn't stop to check, sorry. I was only concerned that they were still tameable. Maybe Spiritbinder checked...
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I'm thinking they are killing Vem first so he buffs the other two silithids and they tame those. Either the buff just simply stays on, or they need to trick tame it by finishing the tame the second Vem buffs the others (like the worgen, fire boar, and fire pets).

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wassa wrote:I'm thinking they are killing Vem first so he buffs the other two silithids and they tame those. Either the buff just simply stays on, or they need to trick tame it by finishing the tame the second Vem buffs the others (like the worgen, fire boar, and fire pets).

Yep, what Wassa said. To obtain the "buff" one has to use the /pet abandon macro or have the tame go off just as it dies. I had read this already from other sources, just wanted to verify the information of some saying they have been made untamable.

On the other hand too, If I did manage to tame one of these guys with the "buff" I technically would be seen as one trying to use the exploit by blizzard, not just "researching" to see if was still doable, and I did not really wish to risk my account over it.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

Gimlion wrote:Like I said, EJ is nothing but what their name depicts. They care nothing for our community, and even their guides for class help is only so they can toot their own horn. I guarantee they knew the risk they were taking for the whole of the Hunter community, they just don't give a rat's ass.
I can't stop you from thinking this, but they have one of, if not THE best, guides for classes, especially hunters. What other options do hunters have anyway, Frostheim? I'd rather take no advice than his advice. EJ is numbers, period. It isn't about cuddling your spirit beast or /patting your jormungar, it's strictly dps theory-crafting. And it's usually spot on, too.
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

I've heard a lot though that EJ isn't up to date anymore, am I wrong on that?

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

most of the info is still relevant from when 4.2 launched which was like 5-6 months ago, not much has changed since. they'll update when 4.3 launches, like with all the other major class change patches or new tier bonuses come out and an increase in stats that'll change our rotations, shot priorities or stat priorities.

also, atm we are up to 13 BM hunters with inflated dps on WoL. the ones i were able to (non Asian/Russian) armory do indeed have several of the blue silithid boss pets, one has an orange one (Lord Kri).
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Nightsights wrote:most of the info is still relevant from when 4.2 launched which was like 5-6 months ago, not much has changed since. they'll update when 4.3 launches, like with all the other major class change patches or new tier bonuses come out and an increase in stats that'll change our rotations, shot priorities or stat priorities.
EJ is as up to date as anyone and goes into a LOT more detail than anywhere else I've seen (which is good for me because I'll spend 45 min trying to theorycraft just 5 more dps for myself).

On Topic; What that tells me is BM is so poor right now (what I mostly mean is that the mechanics are deplorable, I'd KILL for an 8 or even 5 yrd range on Kill Command, and I bet a lot of you guys would too, even our resident pro BM players), that it needs an exploit to measure up with every one else.

Can this get quietly passed onto our lurker? I'd rather this be taken care of without the result being us losing the orange skin, or having the general WoW public that we all love so much catching wind, and ridiculing the hunter population for the actions of just a few players.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Edit: Nevermind, I don't want this debate here. I'll take it to PM. Just ignore this post.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I took a trip to EJ myself and nowhere did I find anyone advocating using this tame; where ever it came from, EJ is simply reporting that BM hunters have been doing this. And guess what, we're doing it here, too. If anything, this should serve as a warning to you wanting to tame these mobs; they hang onto the buff, and you'd be wise to watch out for it and not use your pet until the buff has dropped off.