Which creatures or mobs scare you?

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Which creatures or mobs scare you?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I thought this could be an interesting topic of discussion, a friend and I were talking about this recently. Are there any particular creatures that scare you in game? It doesn't have to necessarily be a full blown fear, but perhaps just certain mobs that you don't like seeing, or feel uneasy being around.

An easy one for me to list right off the bat are sharks of course. I suppose many water dwelling creatures might freak me out to some degree, but sharks (and those scary damn groupers!) are number one.

Another creature type that has always made me uneasy were the Bog Beasts. I still remember my first encounter with them in Teldrassil, on my original character. I had rolled a Night Elf, and something about descending down to that lake area and having a crowd of them aggro onto me always freaked me out a bit. Then having to deal with them at the bottom of the rivers there reinforced that unease. Their hulking shoulders, slow ambling walk, and just overall appearance unnerves me for some reason. I dislike running into them in any area.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Which creatures or mobs scare you?

Unread post by Wain »

This isn't the case anymore, but the Fel Reaver was the first thing in the game to actually make me jump in fear. I took my time and slowly levelled up to Outland and had no idea what to expect. I'd never heard of a Fel Reaver. Here I am, questing away killing Felboars or something and suddenly there's this godalmighty roaring screeching noise in my ears and then something impossibly huge, far larger than anything I'd seen in the game to that point, came stomping past from behind me. Frightened the bejeezus out of me.

In the game, some spiders still give me the creeps, especially dark shiny ones, even though I like them. A bit like real life.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Melentari »

I don't know if there are any mobs that scare me. But I do know that I can't stand to be beside an abomination in-game. Their sound effects make me nauseous.

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Fel Reaver...mofos seriously stalk me in Hellfire Penninsula.....

(On a funny note, the bog beast is a reference to MARVEL's Man-Thing.)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Things like abominations and those wretched stitched together things with the eyes all over creep me out a bit. I just want to wash my computer screen with Lysol. I also absolutely hate the skeleton type Scourge that have the big knives because of what they did to the Oracles in Sholazar.
The only thing that has truly scared me though were the geists during an alliance quest in Dragonblight. You have to save villagers that are cowering in their houses while the geists and other Scourge stalk them and pick them off one by one...it was unsettling to say the least.
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

The Vault Geist mobs outside the Shadow Vault in Icecrown really creep me out. I don't like their weird, one eye, stitched up masks or how they move.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=29720/vault-geist

There is a friendly NPC that looks like them, which I also do not like. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30074/the-leaper

*edit* Veph reminded me of this fish http://www.wowhead.com/npc=41064/cragjaw that I saw in Stonetalon recently. It is huge and creepy and it makes me never want to get in that water. *shudder*

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Um those maggots kind of scare me I have a really silly fear of caterpillars......
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rhapture wrote:The Vault Geist mobs outside the Shadow Vault in Icecrown really creep me out. I don't like their weird, one eye, stitched up masks or how they move.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=29720/vault-geist

There is a friendly NPC that looks like them, which I also do not like. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30074/the-leaper

*edit* Veph reminded me of this fish http://www.wowhead.com/npc=41064/cragjaw that I saw in Stonetalon recently. It is huge and creepy and it makes me never want to get in that water. *shudder*
Awww...I love the Leaper.....he's adorable. He's british!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bad Ash Realms

Unread post by Karin »

Gosh, yes, even that huge Fel Reaver nearly made me jump out of my skin once. I nearly got stomped by that huge Mechwarrior but thanks to his shaking the ground, it alerted me to back away in time on my mount. I ended up making a /target macro just for Fel Reaver so I can keep an eye on it.

Other than that, I did recently find the huge whale shark above me when I was swimming around in Vash'jr. Mobus was nowhere near as big as this guy. It only took the shark's shadow on the seafloor for me to find it.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

To this day I'm still leery of approaching Murloc settlements. :)
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

The mobs that creeped me out the most fortuately aren't in the game anymore. Remember the undead boss in old lvl 60 Zul'Gurub? He had a red pool of presumably blood in his area, full of dancing skeletons that wouldn't stop respawning until the boss was dead (and it was one of those bosses that took control of your characters -- a bugger to beat, even at lvl 80). Those skeletons just freaked the hell out of me.

I miss old Zul'Gurub, but I certainly don't miss that boss or his minions!

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

When I first started playing, it was the Devilsaurs in Un'Goro. There were many times my husband and I had our questing interrupted by a ninjasaur, and we'd always freak out and yell "OSHI--RUN!" at one another.

Then in BC it was Fel Reavers. I still get a bit freaked out anytime I see the ground shake and hear that familiar "Waaahhhhhh!" noise.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Fel Reaver. Still scare the crap out of me, even while on a level 85 character.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Garrosh Hellscream.....
But setting the joking aside, the Whale Shark scared the crap out of me when leveling. Suddenly, well returning to leveling my druid, he's RIGHT BEHIND ME...*munch*
There's also Terokkarantula...

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

While I've grown to like most of the spiders in WoW and can tame them and even find them cute from time to time, it still gives me the heebie jeebies when I just see random legs from them appear in my screen, especially if they're from a large spider. For some reason I find the legs of spiders to be incredibly creepy, not sure why, but it's usually the legs that scare me the most when I first come across a spider that startles me in game.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Oh boy….
I have quite a few that creep me out. Starting with the giant blue oozes in wetlands were the red whelps used to be. (I’m not sure but I think they got taken out as well in cata) When I first stared playing the game I went to wetlands at lvl 20 and farmed the whelps for the pet. (yeah first thing I do when i get my account is farm a pet with a 1- 1000 drop rate… and all the mobs were red.) For some reason just seeing the giant slowly moving oozes creep along kind of freaked me out. The human skulls/bones and the fact that they were instant death for my hunter didn’t help. Years later I still give them a wide birth whenever wetlands forced me to travel their way.

Untamed devilsaurs still make me jump. I love them and couldn’t wait to tame one wen I was leveling but questing in un’goro put me on edge. It didn’t help that at lvl 70 I ran into king Mosh and he almost facerolled me and my friend before I could even notice he was rare. It usually takes some time for mobs to load on my screen so things show up right when im nose to nose with them so to this day they still manage to startle me

Fel Reaver. Didn’t expect him. I hear a scream and look up to see an evil skull ?? transformer 2 shotting me and taking a bite out of someone running away. Wasn’t until cata when I could solo him that I stopped looking behind my back.

Terokkarantula… I was just flying around and the mob loaded 2 feet from my hunter's face. I actually screamed.

And finally the crippler and all mobs that look like him. He almost killed my 70 because I wasn’t paying attention. Just the over all look and animation of him creeps me out. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18689#screenshots

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Cerah wrote:The mobs that creeped me out the most fortuately aren't in the game anymore. Remember the undead boss in old lvl 60 Zul'Gurub? He had a red pool of presumably blood in his area, full of dancing skeletons that wouldn't stop respawning until the boss was dead (and it was one of those bosses that took control of your characters -- a bugger to beat, even at lvl 80). Those skeletons just freaked the hell out of me.

I miss old Zul'Gurub, but I certainly don't miss that boss or his minions!
That was Jin'do the Hexxer. He's actually in the new ZG as the final boss, renamed Jin'do the Godbreaker.

Both Thaddius and C'thun creep me out. Not because of their looks, but the "whispers" you hear from them, especially Thaddius knowing the lore behind him.

Thaddius, built from the flesh of women and children, it is said that their souls are fused together — eternally bound within that foul prison of flesh.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Thaddius, for the same reason Wassa is creeped out by him. My very first raid was 80 Naxxramas. The wails and screams for help that can be heard in the background… Errghhh. I was thoroughly creeped out.

Oh, and Spirit Healers. Yes, the resurrecting angels. Their whispers… Freakyyy. It was even worse when the sky of the ghost realm was still that giant black pit.

Oddly enough, I *adore* Yogg-saron and C'thun whispers.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Wassa wrote: Both Thaddius and C'thun creep me out. Not because of their looks, but the "whispers" you hear from them, especially Thaddius knowing the lore behind him.[/color]
Thaddius, built from the flesh of women and children, it is said that their souls are fused together — eternally bound within that foul prison of flesh.
Oh geez I almost forgot about that about Thaddius--hearing the screams of the women and children while you're in Naxx (and so long as Thad is alive) is bone-chilling.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It's odd, but things that would traditionally be eerie, such as Thaddius or the geists, etc, have never bothered me nor even creeped me out in the least. I find the concept of Thaddius delightfully morbid and perfectly executed, but never creepy, just fascinating.

Fish, on the other hand, scare me completely. :lol: