End Game Cinematic(SPOILERS!!!!) + Short Story

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: End Game Cinematic(SPOILERS!!!!) + Short Story

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Kalliope wrote: Fair point. :) She's a nonfactor.
I'd call her a "lost opportunity". She could have easily added some depth or conflict to a key player in the story, but nope. Her only contributions this expansion are assisting Thrall, saving Thrall, marrying Thrall, and then carrying Thrall babies.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ket Shi wrote:
I'd call her a "lost opportunity". She could have easily added some depth or conflict to a key player in the story, but nope. Her only contributions this expansion are assisting Thrall, saving Thrall, marrying Thrall, and then carrying Thrall babies.
That's a much nicer way of putting it. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ket Shi wrote:
This I can agree on. She had so much potential.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

I just did the quest line again on Raun....

She had potential, but if I had to hear her moan "Oh, Go'el!" one more time, I was gonna bash my head into a wall! :lol:

She reminds me of Bella from Twilight (no offense to any fans), but she's 'pretty' for an orc, has no real character other than hanging off Thrall and wanting to have his babies. It's annoying. :roll:

I'm not a big fan of the Jaina/Thrall angle; personally I always thought they just respected each other and had kind of a 'sibling' relationship, in that she reminded him of his adopted sister. However, he really could have had a much better character as his wife/mate/whatever. Aggra just feels....tacked on and like she's supposed to be the 'ideal' orc woman for Thrall, instead of a character on her own.

But hey, it's Blizzard's story and their lore so I go with it. I just can't help but sigh or face-palm a bit about parts now and then. :P
Kalliope

With all this time I've been spending in the ICC 5-mans lately, I was reminded of how recently Jaina lost Arthas for good. She's probably still hurting from that and isn't ready for romantic entanglements anyway.

YouTube Edition

Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kalliope wrote:With all this time I've been spending in the ICC 5-mans lately, I was reminded of how recently Jaina lost Arthas for good. She's probably still hurting from that and isn't ready for romantic entanglements anyway.
True enough! And even if she was, I just....don't see her with Thrall, at all. They just never personally gave me the romance vibe.
Kalliope

Raun wrote:
Kalliope wrote:With all this time I've been spending in the ICC 5-mans lately, I was reminded of how recently Jaina lost Arthas for good. She's probably still hurting from that and isn't ready for romantic entanglements anyway.
True enough! And even if she was, I just....don't see her with Thrall, at all. They just never personally gave me the romance vibe.
*nodnod* I remember how they interacted in the removed section of the Wrath Gate line - they had an understanding, but there were no sparks.

YouTube Edition

Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kalliope wrote:
Raun wrote:
*nodnod* I remember how they interacted in the removed section of the Wrath Gate line - they had an understanding, but there were no sparks.
Exactly! A strong friendship, but no spark. That's the word I was looking for! :hug:
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Raun wrote: She reminds me of Bella from Twilight (no offense to any fans), but she's 'pretty' for an orc, has no real character other than hanging off Thrall and wanting to have his babies. It's annoying. :roll:
This, a thousand times. He, a supernaturally powerful man that gets just about everything he wants. She, a shallow, pretty girl that is totally lost without her ~twoo wub~. Thankfully, at least Thrall doesn't manipulate her at every turn and knock her up with a voracious parasite vampire baby. :P
Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

I'm sorry, but I dislike nearly every thing about this cinematic. Don't worry, though, I'll try hard to not make it a rude rant. ^^ The cinematic itself was good, but what happened in it? Not so great. I am utterly fascinated / obsessed with WoW's dragons, and I love the lore on them. Though before I go on, are all of the dragons going to lose their immortality? If not, my not-so-rude complaint will become much shorter.
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Ket Shi wrote:
Raun wrote: She reminds me of Bella from Twilight (no offense to any fans), but she's 'pretty' for an orc, has no real character other than hanging off Thrall and wanting to have his babies. It's annoying. :roll:
This, a thousand times. He, a supernaturally powerful man that gets just about everything he wants. She, a shallow, pretty girl that is totally lost without her ~twoo wub~. Thankfully, at least Thrall doesn't manipulate her at every turn and knock her up with a voracious parasite vampire baby. :P
>_> Well, it might be a vampire baby! We don't know yet! :lol:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Raun wrote: True enough! And even if she was, I just....don't see her with Thrall, at all. They just never personally gave me the romance vibe.
*nodnod* I remember how they interacted in the removed section of the Wrath Gate line - they had an understanding, but there were no sparks.[/quote]

Exactly! A strong friendship, but no spark. That's the word I was looking for! :hug:[/quote]

Blizzard has strictly stated many times that Thrall and Jania have no romantic feelings for one another they are just good friends it's only the fans who have said they love each other. I'm a fan of both Thrall and Jania but every time I see someone say they love each other I just get sad. Don't these people read? :lol:
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Did they really?! :lol: They almost NEVER touch romance stuff; not sure why! So, no, I didn't know that, but I'm not holding up a sign saying "Team Jaina" or something! :P ;)

I always liked them better as friends than 'dating'.
Kalliope

Agreed with Raun. :)

Regardless of what Blizzard has stated officially, it's nice to see that their storytelling and characters are evident.

YouTube Edition

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Raun wrote:Did they really?! :lol: They almost NEVER touch romance stuff; not sure why! So, no, I didn't know that, but I'm not holding up a sign saying "Team Jaina" or something! :P ;)

I always liked them better as friends than 'dating'.
Oh I know you where not saying that ;) just agreeing with ya! I prefer them as friends than lovers too.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Raun wrote:
Ket Shi wrote:
>_> Well, it might be a vampire baby! We don't know yet! :lol:
No no no and no. Bella was a weak and horrible character. I'm sorry but this was extremely offensive in more ways than one. I like Aggra and many that are being negative aren't taking into account about others feelings when making comparisons like this.

Bella had no character. She can't make decisions by herself. Shes dependant on a boyfriend to even freaking walk.

Aggra atleast can kick ass, take names, and not need Thrall to be able to do so. She is supportive of Thrall when he needs it. Please read the short story before bashing her or even compare her to Bella. She's not shallow. She's not in love with him because he's a powerful shaman. She, infact, used to hate him. The novel made that quite clear.

I will agree on one thing, Blizz didn't really give her quite enough time IN GAME to develop but in the novels, she was a wonderful character.

I did not make this topic to bash Aggra. You don't have to like her but this is getting a little off topic and becoming "Hey lets bash Aggra!" thread.....lets keep it more focused on the topic at hand - the cinematic.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Aggra generally has others kick ass for her. I'll agree she's not a wimp in terms of personality, but she doesn't actually take action herself (and everything she does is for Thrall), which is the real point here.

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:Aggra generally has others kick ass for her. I'll agree she's not a wimp in terms of personality, but she doesn't actually take action herself (and everything she does is for Thrall), which is the real point here.
Yeah. Blizz didn't really give her enough time to develop as she should've had, I can definitely agree there. I really wish they didn't keep most of her development(what little there was) restricted to the novels. Cause to the average wow player, they're like "Wtf? suddenly they're married? WTF did she come from anyway?"

LisaaraPokefarm

Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

The comparison to Bella wasn't "they're identical", but more they both are predictable 'empty' characters doing the most predictable actions to fit into an 'ideal' that caters to the most basic ideas of 'fairy tale endings' and such. They both don't have any real depth or character themselves. They're just "pasted" in there to be the female main character, instead of them being something more. They're just there to fill in the slot of "romantic interest".

Aggra isn't quite as bad as Bella, but she sort of fills the same spot in the story. She's never done anything particularly helpful that I've seen, or even bold/fearless. She whines and preaches to Thrall a lot in the beginning, and now just sort of follows him around, frantically screaming "GO'EL!" any time there's danger or trouble.

She has a lot of potential, but they just...never did anything unexpected or unique with her. All her actions are very predictable and seem kind of "empty" to me, lacking any real motivation or strength behind them. They're just "what Thrall's true love would do!".
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Is this a thread about the Cinematic or about how people hate Aggra('s character)?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?