your reasons to why you stopped/still are played wow

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

your reasons to why you stopped/still are played wow

Unread post by Ana »

My reason why i stopped wow :

1. Read my rant in what griefing means to you :P - I LOOOVE mmorpg, but i want to be able to solo ALL of the content. (and no, platform games are not the same to me :) )

2. Missing graphic update - i know that WoW havent focussed on having a graphic heavy game, my guess is that is to reach more ppl, and not just the nerds with the big graphic cards, but to me graphics means alot. I LOVE the graphic in Final Fantasy XXIV, and some of the graphic in skyrim :D

3. End game - Im lvl 85 (soon 90) . what to do? Grind items, grind achivement, raids.... blank.

IF i have to interact with other ppl, then i want some kind of reward from it :P. I could easily see an AA system like the one in everquest 1, where you gained something, eventhough if the grp split up before reaching the first boss.

4. Missing player houses - i miss this from eq2 :P

5. Missing costumazastion of your char . IMO there should be A TON of options to make yoru char, skin tone, eye shape/color, WAY more different hair styles and color, the thickness (correct word?) of muscles density, if you are short,tall or average for your race etc... way more customazastion.

The reason why i went back to wow

1. ALL other mmorpg games ive tried, the tradeskills KILLS ME. I want to be able to create 50 pairs of trousers, while i go make my self a cup of tea, and not have to push 1576824 buttons while doing it, and without having to grind 78347547 different materials and other tradeskils (YES I AM meaning AION! :P well and eq1, eq2 etc)
I love wows eazy way to do tradeskills (cept fishing and archeology :P)

2. The ONLY mmorpg game i have found, wher you can have beast pet which you choose you self! You have pet classes in other games, but the choise of their beast pets is no way near wow. I really love the hunter class in wow. It makes sense to me.

3. Müsli

Image/Image

i KNOW that she is only pixels, but she means the world to me.

4. Other games makes me think to much. Many games have even harder boss tactics then WoW.... and i DONT WANT THAT :P. I dont play a game to think, i play it to avoid to think. Wow still have to much tactic to me, but others are worse (planes in everquest i hate you :P).

these are my reasons :) what are yours :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: your reasons to why you stopped/still are played wow

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've had a constant active WoW subscription since it's release, somewhere around 7 years now I believe, and I'm still enjoying the game. :) I know many might think it would become stale after such a long time playing it, but I've never had those feelings myself. Naturally there's a different mindset after playing for so long, one can never capture that sense of mystery of stepping into the world for the very first time, but even with all the knowledge I have now I still find myself discovering new things constantly, and I always love spending time in Azeroth. I continue to play this game because I am still having fun!

If I sit down and try to pinpoint all the reasons I love WoW, it would be hard to encompass.

I love the world, and the history. I was familiar with the storylines of the original Warcraft games from watching my boyfriend play them for years. Even though I didn't really play them myself (RTS has never really been my type of game), the characters and plot were as familiar to me as favourite novels. The existence and development of the entire story has always enthralled me. The extensive lore and ever evolving story has completely drawn me in, and I'm involved with it. I shall certainly be here to see it through to whatever end it reaches in the future.

I really enjoy Blizzard's art style. I'm not too fond of games that try for too much realism. They always look dark, desaturated, and have a weird sort of jagged/sharp look. WoW's stylization allows it to invoke bright colours and amazing scenery. Azeroth has always been vivid and imaginative to me. I think that the graphics have aged incredibly well for their time.

My characters, especially Vephriel and her pets, mean so much to me. The hunter class really solidifies this game for me, the customization aspect of choosing pets from such a wide variety of options is amazing. The bonds I form with these digital creatures are heartfelt. I've never seen anything as vast or detailed as what we have in any other such game.

There's always something to do, or some goal to work towards, and I never feel like I have a lack of things to keep me occupied.

The friends I've made and continue to make through the WoW community are invaluable. I'm in a wonderful guild full of fun people, I've met friends through this game who are incredibly close to me. It just really means a lot. :hug:

I look forward to all the adventures in the future, and I can't wait for Mists of Pandaria.
Last edited by Vephriel on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

(Psst, WoW just celebrated their 7th year anniversary in November '11. :P)

My reasons for leaving WoW? To try and keep it short: The game became boring for me. It was getting to the point where I would do nothing but log into raid, and even that was becoming totally dull after a while. I also strongly dislike the direction the game has been taking, especially the coming expansion. As much as I love my hunters and their pixellated pets, I knew it was time to say goodbye to the game I once fell in love with. A small part of my leaving is also because, after 7 years, my boyfriend decided he had had enough of the game as well and I like gaming with him.

I can only afford to play one pay to play MMO, and SW:TOR has become my MMO of choice; it fills the niche I needed. Of course, none of this is to say I wish WoW ill or anything--just putting that out there before I get attacked. I like to play things that are fun, and for me, WoW was no longer fun.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Whoops, yes, brain derp there. ^^ Edited.

SWTOR sounds like a really fun game, the only reason it doesn't hold interest for me is the overall theme. I have no love for space content or Star Wars in the least. I'd be thrilled to see other well done fantasy MMOs. :) So far no other MMO has appealed to me however. If it did I'd probably end up playing it beside WoW. :lol:
Shostakovich
Realm: Garrosh (US) Horde

Unread post by Shostakovich »

Why I've stopped:
The first time I got so burned out that I would complain parts of the game that never affected me or how I play. After that, whenever I start to feel the burn out, I will just take a few months off.

Why I come back:
This is my first MMO, and the most time I've spent playing one game. I've tried out others, but most lack the character and personality that this game has. The improvements in leveling have very much increased WoW's longevity for me. That and having settled into a good guild makes staying very easy.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Vephriel wrote:Whoops, yes, brain derp there. ^^ Edited.

SWTOR sounds like a really fun game, the only reason it doesn't hold interest for me is the overall theme. I have no love for space content or Star Wars in the least. I'd be thrilled to see other well done fantasy MMOs. :) So far no other MMO has appealed to me however. If it did I'd probably end up playing it beside WoW. :lol:
I think I have to agree. I think the reason, at least personally, is that none of the other largely popular fantasy MMOs have enough lore built into them like Warcraft has. WC had 3 games and several xpacs to lure in and grab a hold of people's interest and love. Aion and Rift, while alright games (from what I've heard), don't have that build up of lore set in them already. It's one of the reasons I think TES (Elder Scrolls) would make an amazing MMO world.

The only other MMO aside from WoW and SWTOR (which I'll get to) that has the sort of lore behind it that I so dearly love (my brother hates me for my Loremaster-ness, but you could ask me just about anything lore-wise from Harry Potter, LotR, Diablo, WoW, TES, etc. and I'd be able to give a decent answer.) is Lord of the Rings Online, but I don't like the game. It's decent, even good when compared to some other F2P games, but it doesn't match up to WoW imo.

I love Star Wars too, but as a Highschooler active in sports and without a job, my parents only pay for one MMO, and as I just recently (ok, well a few months ago) signed up for the Year-Commitment, there's no way I'd be able to convince them to let me play SW too. My brother, however, seems kind of interested in SWTOR, so if he ends up playing, I'd love to watch him.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I'm sort of on the fence about it. I'm kicking myself for committing to the year because SWTOR looks really nifty, but I am not sure my laptop will handle it.

A lot of people in LFR make me want to kick puppies because they're AFK then rolling on loot, rolling on stuff they have to 'trade' for things they want (Gee, thanks guys. I totally didn't need that massive upgrade...), rolling for friends/guildies who clearly deserve it more by virtue of knowing you (They have their roll chance same as anyone else) and just being rude. One guy even made an alt to harass me after harassing me all run. Yes, Hagara disconnected people! It was a known bug, sheesh.

On the other hand, a lot of my friends play WoW and there are some awesome peeps.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Im on the same page as Vephriel with SWTOR. The universe means absoluty nothing to me.

I havetn found the perfect mmorpg yet, and only plays wow once a week sometimes less. I still have a tiny hope that SOE will accually launch everquest next, since i always loved some part of everquest

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I apologize if I accidentally turned this into a WoW vs. SW:TOR thread; that was not my intent. SW:TOR just happens to fill my gaming needs for now. Honestly, I hope all the new MMOs coming out bring in some healthy competition for WoW--the game needs it. I hope that by having healthy competition, Blizzard strives harder to make WoW more of a quality game.

However, that's all my personal opinion, so make sure to take it with a grain of salt as this thread doesn't need to become an argument about semantics and people's opinions over whether a game is good or bad. :P

It's great that so many people are still attracted and attached to WoW, and I'm sure there always will be. :) Hell, even Everquest and SWG still have a playerbase. :lol: And if the game ever goes Free to Play, I'll probably take a peek back at my account like I did with CoH and say hello to all my beloved pixels again. :D

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm still playing, mostly for three reasons.

1. Friends. I have a lot of really good friends on WoW, and I really don't want to leave that.

2. No alternatives at the moment. SWTOR looks AMAZING for the sci-fi crowd, which I'm… not a part of. xD Because of that, WoW is my lifeline - it's the perfect fantasy world.

And connecting to 2, 3. The world. I love, love, love the WoW world. Sure, some of the lore is screwy, but in general I just adore it. The villains are amazing (I will forever and always be a Lich King fangirl and a minion of Deathwing) and the lore characters are interesting and awesome (I have a strange obsession with the Crusades). The landscapes are beautiful. The monsters are neat and, in general, well designed. I just love flying across the land and seeing all the sights, it's gorgeous. And unlike many games, the time period they use is a nice mix, the tech isn't too complex to be overcomplicating… It's just the perfect sort of fantasy world.

…Most of the reason I still play is #3 there. Can you tell? xD

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Why I left WoW:
I've not fully left really. I still am active. Still love the game. Just on a break. Possibly a long one. The reason for this is I'm just sick of being on the hamster wheel. I've tamed all the creatures I want. Done the same quests dozens of times over. Ran the same dungeons over and over and over. Same PvP and battleground and the list goes on. Just really bored with the hamster wheel. I am not cancelling my subscription. I do very much LOVE WoW but right now I just need something else. Taking breaks isn't new for me with this game. I've been avidly playing Skyrim and honestly, logging back into WoW is ........................... just kind of bleh. I love the realistic stuff and right now what bugs me is how out of date and cartoony WoW seems. Again I very much love WoW. But need another break after 7 years of the hamster wheel.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

TygerDarkstorm you proberly wont like SWG it kinda went downhill after they made it easy to become a Jedi/Sith XD They fell to the presurre of "boohoo why can't we get Jedis" and it was a bad move. Think of the way you get DeathKnights in WoW but harder. Like you had to master a random proff and be force senstive at the same time and it did not tell you how to become one!

I still play WoW becouse WAR failed big time and I'm still waiting for Warhammer 40k: dark millenium. But I'd proberly still play WoW. $17 for a month is pretty cheap compared to the other pay to play MMOs. (at least here really don't want to pay $50 for a month!)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

But the bounty hunter systm is cool. like you get bountys on people in the other faction.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I never said I wanted to play SWG, just that it still exists and people do play it. ;) My bf played SWG during its hayday so I know all about the game's rise and fall. :P

[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

haha oh sorry XD I tryed it like 2 years ago and was like WTF is this shit :lol:
RHMakonea
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (H/A)

Unread post by RHMakonea »

I have had wow for a good while, I'm happy and enjoy the game. Made tons of friends and had lots of adventures and great memories in this game. I know it's just a game, but I've made some real life relationships because of this game and some things and people in it mean a lot to me. I'm happy with my accomplishments and this is the only game that has been this much fun. Tried several other games and none of them have caught and held my interest as much as Wow.
I quit wow once because I was struggling with money at the time other then that have not quit yet nor do I plan to. It hasn't gotten old yet and I do enjoy even the little things about the game. The world is beautiful and the story is awesome along with the people I play with. I hope wow continues for a long time, only reason I'd quit is because of money again.

Signature by the Wonderful Britany

My DeviantArt

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Reasons why I have stayed and continue to play World of Warcraft:

1. No matter how unpleasant or stressful my day has been, I find myself letting go of all the tension and/or sadness only mere moments after I have logged on to my account. I'm sure any game could provide the same sort of release, but with WoW, I very rarely find myself growing bored with the content.

2. My hunters and their pets. As other people have already mentioned, no other game has ever matched WoW in regards to pet customization. It is because of this feature, that my hunters feel that much more real to me than any other character, in any other game, that I've ever played before.

3. The challenge of soloing dungeons/raids. I solo 99.9% of the time so the thrill of being able to complete a tricky boss fight and/or instance on my own never fails to keep me in high spirits.

Reasons why I may leave the game and refrain from continuing my subscription:

1. Loneliness. Most of my friends/people I've met in-game have already moved on so for the non-raiding, non-pugging, shy girl like myself ... WoW can easily become a very lonely place despite the massive subscriber population. My play schedule is extremely sporadic throughout the week and more often than not, I miss out on a lot of opportunity to grow within my guild whether it be getting to know/befriending members and/or partaking in scheduled activities.

2. Money. I sometimes marvel at the measures I will take just to keep my subscription active in spite of other financial responsibilities. I manage my expenses just fine but if I should experience some hardship in the future, WoW will most likely be one of the first things to go.

3. Blizzard pulls the plug. If Blizzard should ever feel that the game has ran its course, there's nothing much I can do to change the outcome.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Reasons why I am still playing:
The game is plane fun. I WAS planning on quitting before I transfered to Nesingwary, but after I did? Started having fun again. I may not be your hardcore player, but I still play. I love playing my hunter, and screwing around on my druid, who I both ADORE a lot. Another is that I would have literally NOTHING to do when I babysit the little turds...

Reasons why I may quit:
Money. It's expensive as hell. 15 bucks a month plus 40 for the next expansion? No. Just...no. I am LUCKY I get payed 10 dollars a day to babysit. (Hey, that's a lot for an eighth grader! ). The second reason is the many many assholes ('scuse my language) I have met in the game. My wrath raiding exp. has left me scared of doing pugs. I am ALWAYS paranoid of being kicked because of some reason. I JUST did my first LFR yesterday. Got no gear, but I did pretty well. Then..there is my soon to be lacross practice. Imo, Lacross > WoW. Lot more fun. But it takes a LONG time to practice, and the nearest team is in the next town over. oh well =/

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

ravingsockmonkey
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US

Unread post by ravingsockmonkey »

I've been playing since Dire Maul was patched into the game. I have taken my breaks here and there, but I've always come back. No other game has really made me feel this connected to my characters (especially my main hunter). My first break was shortly after dinging level 70. BC was rather rough for me. I was on Alleria at the time, and the Outlands server would crash quite a bit because of the sheer volume of people in the zone. I ended up leaving Hellfire early because of how crowded and laggy it was and started questing in Zangermarsh instead. A pocket of guildies started doing instances together, and they leveled up quickly, but they wouldn't invite anyone else to come along or go back to do other instances they had already cleared. This is what really made me leave. Seeing that small pocket do so much while excluding the whole rest of the guild. When it came time to get ready to raid Kara, I could never get a group to do Black Morass, and those people in guild would never help anyone else out. I watched the people I had raided with, chatted with late into the night, and enjoyed being around suddenly become something completely different.

After that I was back and forth between being into WoW and wondering why I bothered since I had no guild and no real in game connections. It was my boyfriend that ended up getting me back into the game after convincing me to transfer my main to Trollbane to play with him and some other friends. Suddenly I had people to talk to again. I discovered dailies, got to run some heroics, and managed to get back into the swing of things by the time Wrath dropped.

This last patch has really revitalized the game for me as I've found something else I can do since I no longer raid. MoP is also exciting for me because I love exploring new zones, and look forward to the pet battling.

On a side note, I've played through many, many hunter changes, and it's been interesting to see the class grow and evolve. I'm not sure if any other class has gone through quite as many game play altering changes.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Sjees where to start :S

I started my hunter 7 years ago I think it was just a couple of weeks out here in the EU when a friend gave me a guest pass >__>
I was doubting between a hunter or druid but since I am a sucker of pet classes I picked my hunter.

Played to vanilla with loads of fun lots of raiding etc.
in tbc I played most the time as in a competitive raiding guild but the elitism started to look around the corner and sub optimal specs where benched sometimes. but i still had fun.

then came WOTLK Beta which showed my precious Suv spec maimed and basically everything I liked from that spec was gone :(, so I decided to try our a Unholy DK.
we did competitive raiding till Ulduar I went through 3 guilds at that point (all broke up because of lack of people) when the 3th one broke up and with the famous TOC patch on the horizon I decided to take a break from wow since I got completely fed up with it.
At that point Aion came out and I decided to try that went spirit master (since it was the only class with a pet) and I had a great time after 1,5 years the server became so unbalanced PVP/faction wise it was not fun to play anymore and since I was in a pvp guild that one died a slow death.
I booted up wow and ICC was just out. I wasn't even logged in for like 10 minutes or an old guildy (from my last guild) ran past me we talked, got invite and before I knew it I was raiding full time again. found out the community got even worse with the dungeon finder but took it in stride.
at the end of ICC the guild broke up again and went horde (we were alliance).
And I pretty much gave up.
some old friends of mine were on a other server playing as horde (they transferred there) so when I found out that there were free transfers I went to that server as well.
I got invited to there casual guild and basically chilled until cata hit the store. I ended up raiding again for barely a month to find out the first tier was boring as hell and took a raid break again.

At that point rift came out I tried that for about an half year joined my old guild from Aion. the game it self was fun but the moment you were behind the leveling curve the zones where pretty much deserted so the major rift events where undo-able. the guild became inactive since endgame PVP was pretty much a joke.
so I tried wow again (was around the firelands patch I think) most of the people that where at the start of cata where gone so it was pretty much a 10 man raiding guild.
when they saw I was active again they asked me to join raids so I ended up raiding again up till today.

But I am heading towards a burn out again DS is a major rehash in my eyes and the main reason I am still playing is because of the guild and the people in it.
not to mention the community seems to get worse and worse everyday.
My old Aion guild is playing swtor atm (and I tend to log in time to time to mess around a little but it doesn't really hold my interest as Aion or Rift did).

Atm I am still playing wow but that is basically since I cant find a good replacement right now. I bought the annual pass purely to get MOP access and keep an hawks eye on the hunter class, but even that is something I am regretting now seeing how blizz is handling the situation. One thing I do know is if I do not like what I see then I will probable stop playing or either switching main (if blizz really does implement account bound achieves etc)

but how the situation looks for me now is that wow is basically a time filler until AA comes out (for people that not know what AA is its called Archeage and its a semi sandbox MMO) and from what I could read and find out it looks really refreshing for a change.

So yea a big wall of text I guess....
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/