Does Your IRL Height Determine Which Race You Play?

Are you...?

Tall with tall characters
11%
Tall with short characters
No votes
Short with tall characters
20%
Short with short characters
2%
Tall and I have both tall and short characters
37%
Short and I have both tall and short characters
30%

Total votes: 46

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Re: Does Your IRL Height Determine Which Race You Play?

Unread post by Magli »

I'm 5'11" on a good day; my main is a dwarf and my #2 is a worgen. So on average, I'm average. ;)

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Hmm, I'm short but I don't consider height when making toons. I just pick whatever I like at the time. Though the exception are gnomes. I made a gnome rogue once, she nearly drowned while questing in the puddles out in Wetlands. Decided I didn't like drowning due to being that vertically challenged. :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

peanutbuttercup wrote:I made a gnome rogue once, she nearly drowned while questing in the puddles out in Wetlands. Decided I didn't like drowning due to being that vertically challenged. :)

yeah, I was dual-boxing with my toons, one a Blood Elf, the other a Goblin, and because I was really only checking one screen at the time, I didn't notice my Goblin nearly drown to death! Meanwhile, my Blood Elf was standing in waist-deep water. Go figure.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

In RL I am 5 ft. 3 in (shout out to all the shorties in the house - yeah yeah!) and I play at least one of every type of race currently available in the game.

I have no qualms or issues whatsoever playing as any of my characters - tall or short - thick or slim. I'd say the only toon that does throw my perception off-kilter a bit would be my gnome - thankfully however, she's a warlock so fighting from range helps counteract this and makes fighting more enjoyable.
Last edited by Niabi on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Hesantia »

I am short (ca 162cm) and play both tall and average toons.. but height is not an option, I choose the looks before that. I would probably never play a gnome because I don't like them, but maybe a goblin some day.

My mains are draeneis, and the race I like most. After that it's undead (the average one) and I have some NEs... so, mostly tall ones I guess..

My BF is average or just below, and he played female NE and male UD as his mains when he still played.

Sig by me ^^

Belleirle
Realm: Galakrond-US

Unread post by Belleirle »

Almost all the toons I play are female dwarfs with the exception of 1 night elf druid(also female). I happen to be 5'1" in real life, so that might have some influence of my adoration of dwarfs that I've had since the beginning of this game, but I don't think it's the main reason I have an army of short toons. ;)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I´m short and i only have elves and humans :) but thats nothing to do with their heights.. i just like the elven race. WHen i played everquest i both had Highelves (tall) and darkelfs (short)

For me it all depends how the race look. I think the dwarfs in WoW are cute but im more in to elves :)

Edit - now that i think about it.. Belfs are short rigth? could not change my vote option but then i guess i have both tall and short races... as i said nothing i really think about :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I'm tall and and play short and tall races. I consider my Bloodelfs as average and my Tauren as tall. I also have one goblin (she's a cutie warlock) but like someone already mentioned I don't like the perspective from a short toon. I prefer the view I have with my bigger toons. I think my choice of playing the taller races mostly belongs to my faction. As a proud horde member we only had average or tall races for a long time and as my character slots were already filled before Cata hit on my server I only changed my warlock from belf to goblin. I just don't like playing Alliance as much as I like Horde (although I have alliance toons) so my toons will mostly be tall.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Unread post by Pokerfase »

WTB medium height option.

Let's see... My main's a tiny little Goblin. I've got a Troll, Worgen, Tauren, and Night Elf on the tall end of the spectrum, and then I have my Forsaken, Blood Elves, and Orc in the middle. So... I don't think my height strongly correlates to the height of my characters.

Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

A centimetres to feet/inches calculator says I'm 5.4. So shortish medium. My characters are (in order of how much I play them): draenei huntress, night elf druidess, draenei priestess and a female gnome mage. I was contemplating on picking "short with tall chars" but picked "short with both".

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!