Anyone still sticking to BM

bunni12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: hellscream

Anyone still sticking to BM

Unread post by bunni12 »

I was wondering is anyone using Bm at all as their spec, I have tried Sv and MM and always halfway through a raid or hc switch back to BM, am I been silly for sticking so resolutely to this spec when its all I ever played and like and I can use my SB's anyone else raid as BM and do you get grief for it

Lovely siggy by the fab Ashaine
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Anyone still sticking to BM

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I've always been & always will be a BM hunter. I do not efficiently use the other two spec and BM just comes more naturally to me. :D

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've never been able to play anything but. :) I've been BM since Vanilla on my original character all the way up to Vephriel when she became my main. Veph doesn't even have dual spec, I just have my single BM build. The spec has had its ups and downs without a doubt, but nothing's ever made me want to stop playing it. It was harder to raid in WotLK, for example, but not impossible by any means, and in Cata I've consistently been either first or second in dps with my guild. Cataclysm really improved the overall image of BM I think, I've never received any flack for it in this expansion.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

BM forever and always.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

I will always have at one BM spec when I do my soloing stuff in old dungeons. Though I've always got the other spec Suv as I like it better then MM by a ton (don't know why but I do.)
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

I love bm and its 99% of the time one of the specs I have. Im only surv atm because Im better at it than as bm. Once MoP comes along I really want to go back to being BM

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

BM always, even though the grief of being the "inferior"spec.
RHMakonea
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (H/A)

Unread post by RHMakonea »

BM for life! Tried MM back in Wrath for a while been BM since and will continue to be BM always

Signature by the Wonderful Britany

My DeviantArt

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

In WotLK, my raiding spec was SV, but it was BM for everything else. I'm fortunate enough that the Cata raid group (which was primarily composed of the people from the LK 10 man group) let me stay BM for raiding. With no mage or shammy, we'd have not had a Bloodlust effect without my corehound GIR. That group fell apart when SWTOR hit (sigh) and I got a spot in another raid that lets me stay BM. Yay
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

I play BM as I've pretty much mastered the ins and outs of the spec. I love competing for top spot in our heroic raids :)

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Always been BM on my hunter ever since pre-BC and probably always going to be since it's the pets that bring me most enjoyment for the hunter class.
Much like I've always been feral on my druid. Even back when you would be laughed out of a guild if you chose feral as your spec. :) The feral forms bring me most enjoyment so that's what I'm going to play!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I've always been BM, and I think I always will be. I have the most fun playing BM, I tried MM/SV but just couldnt click with them. I only duel spec'd for the first time to tame Garwal. But I never use my OS except when its usefull for something like trick-tames. bM is the spec for me :)

I havent really had any troubles raiding as BM, though it was a bit rough in ICC but luckily for me I am in an aswome guild that lets people play the specs they want to play. So even though I wasnt doing as much damages as the other hunters, so long as I kept at it and tried my best, thats was good enough for them :)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

I'll probably stay BM through the end of Cata, since I provide the Ferocious Inspiration buff (and occasional Hero dog) for my 10-man raid team.

Not sure what I'll do once Mists drops. I like what they're adding to BM (Beast Cleave! 25-yard Kill Command!) but it'll come down to what feels right once all the changes are in.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

I am BM for raids and everything else and have been. There was a blue post at one time that I loved that said that, ultimately, all 3 specs are only off by a few hundred dps as best. I must find it for ya' so you can link it when you get grief! :lol:

Which I fully believe. During Wrath, I "auditioned" for a top raiding guild and they were shocked I out performed their MM hunter as BM. They did ask me to change to MM or SV because "Imagine what you could do as MM or SV if THIS is your BM!!!!!"

I kindly refused. :roll:

These days I still keep up or surpass the other specs b/c Blizz is right, they AREN'T OFF. It's pure silliness ppl think otherwise.

So, don't worry, play what you love (which due to the love, you'll be better at it anyway) and show them all what's up! :headbang:

besides... I'm a terrible MM hunter... I just can't grasp it

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

I play BM when soloing / questing, but for dungeons and raids I enjoy the SV rotation better myself.

Lock and Load is just too fun :)

Maybe once they fix Kill Command a bit more (so i dont have to use the macro) I'll use it more. I do like the
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I have swapped a fair bit between marksman and survival for raiding, but I love the exotic pets. I won't ever give up BM as one of my two specs. I tend to PVP as BM because people don't think to target the pets-- so while they are trying to kill me, my pet is biting their face off. :D

BM is great- although like many said it has ups and downs. I won't drop it!
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I think as of now the difference between the three hunter specs is the least it has ever been, and player skill and craft is much more important. So, play as whatever spec makes you happy! For me, that's MM on Mindala; if for you and your character it's BM, feel free to use it!
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I must agree with everyone here, BM is certainly on par with everyone else. I personally use both MM and BM when I do my dungeons, as I love both specs. If the fight is movement heavy, like Zorumond, then I'll switch BM, but tank and spanks like Cairne, I'll end up staying MM, b/c I love seeing 50-60k crits with Aimed, Chimera and Kill shot. :lol:

I really enjoyed BM raiding in Wrath, mostly to be rebellious. Particularly in my old guild, b/c my class leader was a complete elitist ass and refused to accept BM as anything but sub-par. That is, until I literally wiped the floor against him in our Ulduar runs. I couldn't beat him anywhere else, but in Ulduar I really shone, and he was astounded, as well as a bit pissed. :lol:

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Of my many hunters, BM is always the standby - it's more intuitive than the others, including more options when things go pear shaped (and pretty much the only option for super tough solo fights, unless it's something that can be kited), and I play it more than any other spec.

I use MM on 2 of my hunters - as long as you are careful to stay on top of things, it has some nifty perks in both groups and solo'ing. One shot garbage kills, daze + multishot, etc etc. <3

Never really clicked with SV though - it always seemed like a lot more work for less results. Although I pretty much don't PVP or raid, so that spec may not be so relevant to my playstyle.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I am Beats Mastery. I have always been Beast Mastery. I will always be Beast Mastery. :)

On all of my hunters.

Very rarely do I get griefed about it. I did more in Wrath, but then I kicked everyone's butts on the damage charts. ;)
Honestly though, I think you should play what you enjoy the most. If people grief you about it, they're silly and still living in the days of Wrath.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr