Game-Breaking, but still completely legal BULLSHIT

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Game-Breaking, but still completely legal BULLSHIT

Unread post by Gimlion »

So, I entered a AV battleground today, and ran across possibly the biggest asshat in the history of eternity. This douchebag is 40-boxing, moving as one unit and thrashing everything in his path.

Now, as far as I can tell, there's nothing technically illegal or breaking contract that this douchebag is doing, but there has got to be SOME way that he get's in trouble. Apparently he does this very frequently in BG's, and does a daily SW raid on his home-server.

If you guys want to look it up yourselves, he is on Kil'Jaeden, and his toons are 'A' then a color corresponding to the class, then a number spelled out. So, for example, Agreenfour would be his 4th Hunter.

Whether or not it's Legal, it's utter bullshit, and there has GOT to be a way to get this asshole off of WoW.

I'll bring in the [Sword of 1000 Truths] if I have to. *southpark*

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Game-Breaking, but still completely legal BULLSHIT

Unread post by Jelani »

*checks out the guild* That...is a crapload of 85s o_O. And I thought I had no life..

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ohhhhhh, I heard about this guy! If you kill the lead guy, it throws him off quite a bit. And then there was a group who summoned Ivus on him....

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

How do you summon that guy? I've only ever heard of him (Ivus I mean)

I've never liked multi-boxers. Allways ruin PvP for me. :/
Kalliope

You have to collect storm crystals from corpses - usually player corpses, but you can get them from NPCs too - and turn them in to the druids behind the north Dun Baldur bunker. Eventually, they'll run down to the field of strife and you'll need 10 players to channel the spell to summon him. He'll hang out in the middle for a while, then head south.

Lokholar does the same for the horde; the shamans who summon him need blood, but it's collected the same way.

YouTube Edition

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Ah thats pretty cool.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I have a feeling I know who that guy is...if not...wow another oen.

There is a guy in a lower pop server that 40boxes. AFAIK he is horde...bought annual pass/sparkle pony for each account. Good god the amount of money in that alone aside from sub fees and expac costs.
ImageImage
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Well, this guy has a guild of 50 of his toons... He's on Kil'Jaeden though, which is a high population PvP server. I'd hate running across him in everyday questing...

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I ran into this guy in an AV! He was kinda terrible once you killed the lead character. Another bit of advice is - he can't really win AV unless he gets lucky because usually his characters are only in one place.

Sure, you're hosed if he focus fires you, but you can usually work with others and pick his characters off.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Well my AV group was complete and utter trash, strike a few of us. To be quite frank, they were asshats and scrubs. We tried to get everyone into Vann's room, forcing him out of the Hordes base, then having a small group sneak by him and taking out Drek once this guy was far enough away, b/c we had all the towers capped and he'd be a cinch to kill. Instead, people continually tried to take him out at Drek's gate, or even worse, did suicide runs to end the game. Needless to say that it was 2 hours of bullshit asshattery until he took down our Reinforcements.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd...like to know how in the world he controls 40 characters at once....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

He likely has a very top of the line computer (or multiple), and runs all of the accounts at once. It's the same thing as multiboxing with 2-3 accounts, where you keep macros and programs running to ensure they all behave basically the same, only with 40 characters (or 50, since that's his guild size.)

IDK, the whole fight I kept imagining him as the Hacker from the Soutpark episode. I even mentioned that we needed the Sword of 1000 Truths to defeat him in the BG chat. :lol:

Novikova

Jessibelle wrote:I'd...like to know how in the world he controls 40 characters at once....

Ditto. I'm afraid to see the bill for all of those accounts though! :P

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I was always under the impression Blizzard allowed it is not because the person is fully in control of the characters... It's because they're PAYING for all those WoW accounts. I've heard of this guy, but I've never seen him before. That being said, a guildmate of mine is a multi-boxer. Four BM Hunters and a Resto Shaman. She's going to have a blast when MoP brings Stampede into the game. :P

Either way, I came across a five boxer elemental shaman... And I got oneshot by five Lava Bursts to the face.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Novikova wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:I'd...like to know how in the world he controls 40 characters at once....

Ditto. I'm afraid to see the bill for all of those accounts though! :P
We were doing the math while sitting in Vann's room. It'd be about $600 for 40 accounts, 750 for all 50 in his guild, and that's per month... Then you add in all the games and xpacs needed, it reaches huge amounts of money, all so this dude can be an unfair douchebag.

And I totally agree that they'll likely keep him around for the revenue... Especially after being bought out by Activision, b/c they're money grubbing whores.

Kalliope

At least they aren't under EA's thumb. :/

YouTube Edition

Novikova

Egads. I can think of things I would do with 600 bucks a month (Maybe more pet shrimps, savings, oi!) besides WoW accounts. >_>

I've run into multboxers of nearly every stripe. Including the cutely named 5 pack of warlocks: Box of Locks. I thought it was kinda cute. Till I rode past them and abruptly dropped dead.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:At least they aren't under EA's thumb. :/
^ Thiiiiiis. *Cries for ME3*

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Blizz hasn't any issues with multiboxer, probably because, heck, they're payin for multiple accounts. I really don't mind 'em, myself and knew one of the first well-known ones (I believe WoW Insider did an interview with him once long ago.) He had 5 Orc shamans in a guild called Twenty Totems.

Multi-boxers can be a big pain in BG's, but often they're pretty easy to disable. Granted, usually you only see a 3 or 5-boxer. With those, you can figure out which is the command and control character and focus on it. It's usually always the same character in the group, too, so if you see 'em again in another bg you know which one to go after. I've never seen a 40-boxer and can see how it'd be way more of a challenge, especially when you're in a PUG AV and the whole mentality is "zerg and kill boss for fast honor."

Ivus and Lok'holar (however his name is spelled) tend to come as a shock to players when they're spawned. Most people in AV don't seem to even know they exist. There's a group of Horde on Argent Dawn that'll occasionally form up an AV premade and even we haven't summoned Lok'holar since, like, WotLK. I remember one match way back when, when we got him, wolf riders, the wyverns and the Reavers up and managed to get Lok and the Reavers to reach the Ally base at the same time. Man, that was fun to watch.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

If it were me, I'd find somewhere quiet and just idle. Since this dude is doing the Dance of a Thousand Spiders just to keep that many slave toons going, he's not going to be reporting anyone for being afk. Deny him as much honor as you can.

Though I have to wonder... man, that -IS- a lot of money. How utterly sad is this guy's life where the only outlet he has for enjoyment is to spend thousands of dollars a year cheating in BGs? Is he such a horrible player that he can't win any PVP any other way yet so stupid the only resolution is to throw money at it until he wins? This is like... the most pitiful version of the 'basement dweller' stereotype I've heard of. Either he's independently wealthy (thus burning money he didn't earn on this travesty of gaming) or else he actually has a decent job and the complete lack of imagination that this is the ONLY thing he can think of to spend his money on. If I had a free $7,200 a year, I'd like... christ, travel or something. Not throw it at imaginary victories in a pretendy-times war...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket