Soloing Kael'thas in 5.0.4

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Soloing Kael'thas in 5.0.4

Unread post by Ziarre »

Or five Ban'thalos. Or five Nuramocs.

...I know a guildie or two that might hate me if I tried that, though. Most of them don't care/mind, one or two rather detest my 'flappy things.'
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

2% every 2 seconds? Did that make it to live?

If so: 0_o :D
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'remar

Unread post by kurasiaa »

Ooh yes! 5 Ban'thalos' would be amazing xD

@ Sar- It sure did make it live, and I love it! <3

Off-topic..I am exploding about account-wide mounts, yayyy!! ;D
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Sar »

That's like 1500-2000 HPS from a pet! lol :D

At last, decent self heals! :)

That's ONE talent sorted then!

/rubs hands together in glee :P

And yeah, account wide pets and mounts is definitely the standout feature from this patch for me (and a lot of others I'm sure). Finally I'll be able to use my mage's HH mount on my pally, and my TLPD, Corrupted Millagazor and Ulduar & ICC drakes on any character \o/ :D
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Exhilaration is an amazing self heal too. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Unfortunately, it looks like we may have to wait a while to go back to trashing Kael'thas as he deserves.

Nether Vapors do not like despawning. :(

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412414138
Attachments
And if you stay in the instance, they come for you.
And if you stay in the instance, they come for you.
WoWScrnShot_082912_042619.jpg (255.6 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Sar »

Kalliope wrote:Exhilaration is an amazing self heal too. ;)
ORLY? :P

You'd think I didn't have beta access, but been too busy with Judge on live to bother with beta :mrgreen:
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Oh no, not the vapors! They were doing this on the PTR, but a friend assured me that it was likely just to be the PTR as it can be buggy... worst part is...that they actually chase you..very slowly , but still x.x.
I've yet to do my weekly Kael'thas since the patch has been live, but I guess I'll have to hope I can get it on the first go , or suffer the vapours D:.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah...while it's possible to solo Kael with the Nether Vapors bug, you pretty much have to one-shot it or be okay with having to wait a couple hours for another attempt.

That's how long it took those Vapors up there to despawn, at least. And after I killed Kael, I found they were doing the exact same thing--even with his death.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Yeah, that's pretty nasty, can only hope it gets fixed and doesn't stick around ( I mean, that gravity lapse bug is still around, and it's been a whole patch :(
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

This week on my main I killed Kael this way, however on my alt ( baby hunter xD) I decided to equip the staff for Phase 4. It was good because I was getting any disorients, and it didn't take as long as I thought. I just hid out of sight of Kael while still being in sight of my pet to heal him ( if that makes sense xD) and let him do all the work with Kill Command and Lynx Rush, with some Bestial Wrath's here and there. Still need to be weary of Kael dropping aggro and running for you though; so I would always have my finger ready to hit Feign Death.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah, if the pet gets disoriented and you don't, he seems to like running for you.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Just thought I would point this out to anyone who needs to use the staff for this fight:
Me and my friend 2 man this every week. (Double hunter) and I’m always in charge of tanking and using the staff while my friend will dps. I found that I was able to loot the staff, kill the advisors, equip the staff, tank kale to 50% and then re-equip my bow while in combat. I’m not sure if its supposed to work like this but in theory you could wait until you need to los him to equip the staff and then just dps him down with things like kill command, dire beast ect, ect and then switch back to ranged for the last fight rather smoothly. I’m sure our raw pet damage will make it all laughable in mop anyway.
(not sure if its been mentioned before)

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

For all of you to see this in action, rejoice! Raegwyn had solo'd this a couple monthes ago (in this reuploaded link)! Have fun and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54pbNizuixo&feature=plcp

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Syriana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Syriana »

The first time I tried this I got to phase 5 easily with my loque as tank. After that I lost my senses a bit about the nether vapors and he got me. Since then, I haven't been able to try again without friends offering to help. A good problem!

This way worked great with me and a prot pally. I just kept my pet with me for the first 50% and did damage between mind controls. We got through it great! Thanks!!!

This mount is the mount I want the most and I've been (diligently) farming it over 6 months. It dropped a few weeks ago, and I had to master loot it away. The sad part is I rolled a 98, and lost by two points. Now, I am so grateful for this so I can solo it and the changes that have made it a bit easier.

Yesterday we had some issues with those vapors. Too many were on the left side. I just switched to the right side. So there's something to try. I always clear the place fully before going in by KT. I like the gold. :)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Thank you so much for this!

I've been dying for that mount and had no luck getting a group of people to help me get it.

My best friend and I tried this method last night, me on my hunter with a SB and her on her pally. We would have gotten it if she had been able to stay out of the range of his mind control-she kept healing him when controlled.

Tried again, this time with her on her hunter, specced like you were and with her turtle. Worked like a charm with two hunters, a turtle and a SB both in tank spec. Neither of us had to even use the weapons from the fight. A good LOS and hide away from the mind controls, and we were fine. I kept using Murder of Crows and Dire Beast whenever I could, popping out from behind my hiding wall to hit those and Wrath after watching Kael'thas's casts.

We will certainly add this to our mount runs.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

I'll note that the thread I was active in, reporting the Nether Vapors bug among others that have also popped up for Kael'thas/existed pre-5.0.4, received a blue reply stating that they were aware of the issue.

Time to cross fingers! In the meantime, get good at dodging Vapors and hope for one-shots. XD
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!