Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Question from a wow maybe returnee :P

Unread post by Ana »

rats :P

But mounts and minipets are cool

More questions

I dont see the title insane which i got on the same battlenetaccount e.g. the same email, but on a different account name.. does that title only goes to the specific account name or bind to my email?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

If the accounts are not linked, as in same battle.net account, then no. But if they are then yes, and "the Insane" does go to other characters as I thought I have seen a lvl one running with it.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

They explicitly stated at one point that once an account earns something, it stays whether or not you delete whoever earned it. That carries the huge caveat of logging into that character first and unlocking all their mounts, pets, achievements and anything else that becomes account wide. I'll try to find the post that states it.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bristlenose wrote:They explicitly stated at one point that once an account earns something, it stays whether or not you delete whoever earned it. That carries the huge caveat of logging into that character first and unlocking all their mounts, pets, achievements and anything else that becomes account wide. I'll try to find the post that states it.
I've done a search and so far not found anything that says that.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I'm still trying to find it myself. It's buried in the blue posts somewhere. Basically everything becomes account bound, not character bound and deleting a character won't alter that. I'll find it eventually.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

A simple search would find it. again, I've done a search and found nothing. Not on forums or on google.

LisaaraPokefarm

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I can't find it either. I went through 20 pages of blue posts on MMO. I know I read it though. It was regarding battle pets specifically but should apply to all other account wide achievements/earnings too. Either I had a very vivd dream or else I read something related but not the same and somehow compounded the two into one. The phrasing was related to deleting a character with exclusive/unique pets and it affecting other characters on that account and the answer being they were account wide, not character specific. Of course now it's impossible to find...

And just now:
There is no need to do anything of the kind.
If I understand you collrectly, Korance, you are asking if you would be able to delete a character that had a mount on it and still retain access to it on your other characters, correct?
As Khitty mentioned, once you have logged into the character post patch 5.0.4 and added it to the Battle.net list, you may delete the original character and still retain use of the mount for other characters on your Battle.net account.
Link

So not pets, but mounts.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well that covers mounts then. Wonder why I couldn't find it. Then again, stuff gets buried quickly.

LisaaraPokefarm

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I knew it existed and even I couldn't find it initially. It's one of those things that slips through the cracks when they drop a few tons of information on us. It is a guess this affects everything else but given the way everything now seems to tie in account wide, it is a pretty solid guess.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Possibly. Maybe ask a GM just incase to ensure it still stands.

LisaaraPokefarm

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Anecdotal evidence on MMO-Champ says it's true. But asking a GM is a surefire way to find out.