UI Help/Suggestions

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

UI Help/Suggestions

Unread post by Equeon »

So recently I decided I might try out a new UI. Up until now, I'd been using the default UI and setup.

I tried Xperl, but there's one major problem I have with it: the target of target is not nice and small like the default.
If you haven't used the default UI for a while, I'll remind you that it shows up as a small unitframe in a circle.

I tried changing the size of ToT and putting it right next to my target, below (overlaps with buffs, or it's too big anyway) and even above.
It just doesn't look right to me.

If you use Xperl, where do you put your target of target? Is there an option for a more default-like look of it? I haven't seen anything obvious in the 10 minutes I was adjusting my preferences.
If you use any other UI, where do you prefer to put your frames/bars?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: UI Help/Suggestions

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Here's one version of an xperl setup I used on my UI before getting LUI.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

I prefer ElvUI. It is clean, neat and already comes with a lot of things. There is so much to do with it and it is actually pretty easy to figure out/learn. You can have yours set a lot less than what you see on mine. Everything is moveable :)

Dalianza
Realm: Kael'Thas (US/Oceanic)

Unread post by Dalianza »

I use Pitbull rather then X-Perl but I believe they are quite similar in terms of what you can do with them. With my ToT frame - as a hunter I don't generally need to see specifically how much health the ToT has, just a general idea is enough for me (I've recently been trying to reduce the amount of redundant information on my UI, I'm getting there... slowly.)

There is it, just a tiny square above my target box with the ToT name written in it - it changes colour based on aggro as well as empties in regards to health remaining (and changes colour). In my case, I don't really need to know exactly how much rage/health my tank in dungeons has - I just need to know who has aggro and if they are about to die. In terms of my pet, my pet bar gives me more specific information, so if my pet is my ToT I'm just using it to ensure that they still have aggro over myself (or a party member)

If I played healers or tanks more I would probably do something different, but for my hunter and misc alts anything else would just seem a little excessive.

Hope this helps!

Thanks to LupisDarkmoon for drawing Raiden for me! Love him!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

If we're talking about UI packages as a whole, I am really happy with LUI: http://lui.maydia.org/

When that UI breaks/doesn't work I just use xperl and dominoes.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I prefer to put my unit frames at the bottom middle of my screen. Player frame to the left with pet and focus underneath, and target to the right with the target of target underneath that.

X-pearl doesn't have too many options and looks terrible with most UIs, imo. It's too bulky. I used to use Pitbull but found out it uses way too much memory and CPU, so I hunted around and found Stuf Unit Frames, which has the customization of Pitbull but uses a lot less memory and CPU.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

I use GUI but it's still being updated for MOP so have had to go back to the default. It's been an awesome ui to use and I can't wait for the update. Though that ElvUI looks nice. Might track it down on my next day off and play with it. Would do it tonight but I don't like messing with my ui before a raid.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I use Shadowed UF for my unitframes, as it's neat, simple and easy to configure.

It's a lot of icons, but that's the way I like it. :3 I like to have all my keybinds visible, in addition to any I need to click. The icons between my pet bar and castbar are my cooldowns.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_091612_1608272.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091612_1608272.jpg (596.4 KiB) Viewed 1725 times