Lost my Salty Title to CRZ

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Lost my Salty Title to CRZ

Unread post by Sesamee »

I finally manage to fish up a shark on my warlock at 2:05 server time in Grizzly Hills. No winner has been announced. I use my Kirin Tor ring to hearth back to Dal only land in a zone two hours earlier! So much for CRZ not affecting fishing tournaments! To say I'm pissed would be a huge understatement. I can't even wait and turn it in when the fishing dude finally appears because it decays in an hour. I put in a ticket and am gonna raise all kinds of hell until they give me my Salty title! This is so unfair! :(
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Lost my Salty Title to CRZ

Unread post by Kalliope »

Blizzard has said they're going to fix this, so hopefully your petition will be successful as a result!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

I hope so but am not holding my breath. The GMs used to actually be helpful but it seems ever since the DS patch all they're paid to do is inform you that they can't help you.
Kalliope

Part of that is no doubt tied to all the people putting in tickets - makes the GMs less likely to help any of us with the small stuff, really, since there's so much backlog.

YouTube Edition

KnightRyder
Realm: Crushridge

Unread post by KnightRyder »

Happened to me today too. Except not the same way. I was all ready to start fishing and as soon he yelled to start the tourney, someone turned it in. Only way possible to do this is to fish on a realm that's already started, then wait and turn it in on mine.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

Talked to a GM tonight! He basically told me I'm SoL on this one but to try to submit a bug ticket and submit a suggestion because, you know, Blizzard really wants to hear feedback from their customers and everything. They can take their feedback and shove it where the sun don't shine!

I posted in the bug forums here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6606290822#1 and if that doesn't work I'm calling them on Monday. This is totally unacceptable!! I've had issues with Blizzard's decisons over the years but the good and the fun I had in the game always outweighed the negative. If they don't make this right it might be just the thing that makes me quit. They can look through their records and confirm everything I said. There is no reason not to award me the ach. None at all.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm sorry hun. :( That's awful! One more reason why I hate the Centaur.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by Bubu »

I would kill for Salty title :O))
Especially if you r fishing it for 4 years....
Btw, was lucky to get one long before this CRZ madness. Wish u luck to get it!

P.S. To be honest with u next I would live to get STV prizes... Love to have this trink :O))
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

So many times I've been in the "wrong" timezone compared to Dalaran to even get a shot at it that I've given up trying. CRZ might solve some problems but it sure has caused some even greater ones.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

I'm so amazed at how this has brought out the trolls on the official WoW forums. I don't see how I could be more in the right here. Like how is this anything for anyone to troll me over?? My thread in Customer Support got taken over by trolls and locked, on the one in the general forums someone apparently thinks I'm lying about all this. It's just amazing. Seeing people's nastiness is almost as deflating as getting screwed out of my Salty title and Blizzard being unwilling to do anything to help me.
Kalliope

Sesamee wrote:I'm so amazed at how this has brought out the trolls on the official WoW forums. I don't see how I could be more in the right here. Like how is this anything for anyone to troll me over?? My thread in Customer Support got taken over by trolls and locked, on the one in the general forums someone apparently thinks I'm lying about all this. It's just amazing. Seeing people's nastiness is almost as deflating as getting screwed out of my Salty title and Blizzard being unwilling to do anything to help me.
Did you expect anything less from the official forums?

YouTube Edition

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

Kalliope wrote:
Sesamee wrote:I'm so amazed at how this has brought out the trolls on the official WoW forums. I don't see how I could be more in the right here. Like how is this anything for anyone to troll me over?? My thread in Customer Support got taken over by trolls and locked, on the one in the general forums someone apparently thinks I'm lying about all this. It's just amazing. Seeing people's nastiness is almost as deflating as getting screwed out of my Salty title and Blizzard being unwilling to do anything to help me.
Sadly you have an excellent point! :(
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sesamee wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Sadly you have an excellent point! :(
Unfortunately she does. The forums...makes me facepalm so hard. That's why I don't bother posting there much if at all.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Unwilling...or unable, for the same reason that you can't be given the mount from Aeonaxx if you disconnect mid-fight? You did not actually complete the turn-in/kill, and so their hands are tied until they push the patch through with the fix. The best they can do is disable the tournaments until that patch is pushed, to prevent others from having the same misfortune.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

Ziarre wrote:Unwilling...or unable, for the same reason that you can't be given the mount from Aeonaxx if you disconnect mid-fight? You did not actually complete the turn-in/kill, and so their hands are tied until they push the patch through with the fix. The best they can do is disable the tournaments until that patch is pushed, to prevent others from having the same misfortune.
I realize this but the reason I didn't turn in the shark wasn't from a dc or something that could have possibly occurred on my end. It was 100% Blizzard's fault due to their lack of foresight regarding potential CRZ issues. If I had dc'd and someone else turned it in I'd suck it up and try again. Or if the lag when entering a new zone made me miss out by a few seconds.

But this time nothing but CRZ prevented me from winning. 100% Blizzard's fault. Someone screwed it up so someone should have the power to make it right. All they have to do is verify my report through their own records, and they have them, and they can see that I'm telling the truth and by all accounts would have had my Salty title had CRZ not interfered.

The only possible way for me to win would have been to use my friends via real id to to server hop until I found a Dalaran with a time zone I needed. I deliberately didn't do this thinking it would help my case. I'm regretting that decision now. No good deed goes unpunished apparently.

Good customer service means when you screw up, and it happens, you fix it. All I want is this fixed and what I earned given to me. That's it.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It really sucks, but I do see what Ziarre is saying. Even though it wasn't your fault you couldn't turn them in, they have no way of knowing if you would have indeed been first or if you would have won because there was none of that interaction to give them logs, if that makes sense.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

They could look at the time I fished up the shark and compare it to when the next person fished it up. They have to be able to do that.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, I'm just playing devil's advocate though, and I think without an assured attempt they can't assume anything unfortunately.
Kalliope

It may not be that simple anymore due to mixed realms in Dalaran either. And besides, you might not have even been the first that day; someone else might have gotten there before you and you'd never know because it was bugged for them too. Blizzard's just erring on the side of caution here.

YouTube Edition

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

But the thing is they wouldn't have to assume. They can see when I fished up the shark, see when the next person did, see when I arrived in Dalaran at the quest giver's location. Had I not been ported to a Dalaran two hours behind I would have turned the quest in and won. All of that should be easily verified.

I think it's more a matter of not wanting to put the time and resources into looking into my situation because if they do it for me they have to do it for everyone who got screwed. Which sucks because in order to take the achievements away from the exploiters they'd have to put the same effort into looking into who exploited and got the achievement. I'm on the fence about whether or not I think exploiters ach's should be taken away anyway. I mean, if exploiting is the only way to win Blizzard didn't really leave it's players with much of a choice.

This whole thing made me so mad I actually cancelled my MoP pre order but my bf was like "aww hell no you're playing with me" and went on my account and bought it for me. I'm torn because I really do enjoy WoW, they put out a great game, and I don't want to punish my bf but at the same time I'm very much a "vote with my wallet" kind of person and I don't like supporting companies who's business policies I don't agree with. It's not even that the bug happened in the first place. It's just the run around and terrible lack of Customer Service I've experienced since.

I'm still holding out a little hope that once they get things fixed with CRZ and look into the Fishing Tournament issues further maybe I'll get my title. I really hope so. I'm perfectly willing to be patient I just need better communication, that's all. If they don't, well, they may not have lost my business right away but that's no guarantee that they will keep it as long as they would have. I'll just have to wait and see for now, I guess.