Theramore goes live 17 sept afternoon server time

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Theramore goes live 17 sept afternoon server time

Unread post by Slickrock »

This scenario is such a slog I can't imagine farming gear in it... my new spriest could use the staff, but not that much...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wowhead has some data on the Spoils of Theramore loot bag.

Unfortunately the drop rate on the perpetual fireworks are so low the Horde one is only recorded once and the Alliance one not at all. So the data aren't statistically meaningful but they give an idea of what a miserably low drop rate they must be. It's looking like it's less than 1 in 200, so even if you really bust your gut and did 200 runs in the single week, you'd still only have an even chance of getting it. Even if it's 1 in 100 (being generous as the results are skewed by faction influences on the firework loot) then it'd still be an insane amount of runs in a week just to get an even chance.

The epic loot gear chances are biased to be MUCH lower than they should be, since you only get class-appropriate gear from your bag. But even with that factor they're way higher than the firework.

If you're going to farm it anyway, then good luck. Just don't go into it expecting anything for your hard work, as sadly probability is working against you. People are already disliking the scenario and sadly this is only going to enhance that. There really are quicker, more fun and more engaging scenarios to come. This just isn't one of them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:Wowhead has some data on the Spoils of Theramore loot bag.

Unfortunately the drop rate on the perpetual fireworks are so low the Horde one is only recorded once and the Alliance one not at all. So the data aren't statistically meaningful but they give an idea of what a miserably low drop rate they must be. It's looking like it's less than 1 in 200, so even if you really bust your gut and did 200 runs in the single week, you'd still only have an even chance of getting it. Even if it's 1 in 100 (being generous as the results are skewed by faction influences on the firework loot) then it'd still be an insane amount of runs in a week just to get an even chance.

The epic loot gear chances are biased to be MUCH lower than they should be, since you only get class-appropriate gear from your bag. But even with that factor they're way higher than the firework.

If you're going to farm it anyway, then good luck. Just don't go into it expecting anything for your hard work, as sadly probability is working against you. People are already disliking the scenario and sadly this is only going to enhance that. There really are quicker, more fun and more engaging scenarios to come. This just isn't one of them.
Wait what? The fireworks are rare? O_o; I hope I'm misreading that....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

*crossing fingers for Archmage's staff before launch* I have a few ideas for a firey transmog with it, but only if it actually, well, drops...

And yes, the permanent fireworks are rare.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ooooh! Okay. I thought it was the fireworks in general. I was gonna say...

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh no :) there's a perpetual version for each faction. Sadly it's not just rare, it's crazy rare. There are a few epic gear items that are worth chasing for transmog for some classes but most are very bland pieces and not worth it even for that. Which leaves the perpetual firework the only reason many would want to run this event again. As the drop rate is so low you'd probably end up without one no matter how hard you tried (within reason!) it's a bit disheartening. Maybe they'll offer them somewhere else in the future. Like the Lunar Fest or Midsummer
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:Oh no :) there's a perpetual version for each faction. Sadly it's not just rare, it's crazy rare. There are a few epic gear items that are worth chasing for transmog for some classes but most are very bland pieces and not worth it even for that. Which leaves the perpetual firework the only reason many would want to run this event again. As the drop rate is so low you'd probably end up without one no matter how hard you tried (within reason!) it's a bit disheartening. Maybe they'll offer them somewhere else in the future. Like the Lunar Fest or Midsummer
The only fireworks I got were the use once consumables. They were pretty.

Only thing I saw worth getting was the staves, the Archmage Staff in particular, but that's just my taste. My poor fiance looked like a sad puppy when he saw the axe was just plain and boring.

LisaaraPokefarm

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Yeah we didn't bother running the scenario today and I don't think we'll really try tomrorow either. Bleh. :<
But I have a few stacks of the consumables now, at least. \o/
I was rapid-firing alternating between them and the dalaran fireworks you get for hitting 80 because they don't share cooldowns with each other... I had a lot of alts hit 80 and never use the fireworks, so...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The staff is one of the nicer pieces though I *think* (could be wrong) that there's already one like it in the game. The white mage hat and a couple of wolf heads are new colours, though none belongs to a full available set. Most of the other weapons have generic looks. Maybe they forgot or ran out of time. Would have been nice to at least get excited about loot for transmog.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:The staff is one of the nicer pieces though I *think* (could be wrong) that there's already one like it in the game. The white mage hat and a couple of wolf heads are new colours, though none belongs to a full available set. Most of the other weapons have generic looks. Maybe they forgot or ran out of time. Would have been nice to at least get excited about loot for transmog.
Yeah, I agree. The hats are cute though. My fiance likes that plate got a circlet.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

As was pointed out on Wowhead, the white wizard's hat with the aurora robes looks like Gandalf! :D Pretty awesome, though I am unmotivated to farm on my mage. >_< At least I got the blue one, which will match my blue set. :D Now for Blizz to fix it so long hair shows under hats like that...:)

I like the plate circlets too! Love that option.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:As was pointed out on Wowhead, the white wizard's hat with the aurora robes looks like Gandalf! :D Pretty awesome, though I am unmotivated to farm on my mage. >_< At least I got the blue one, which will match my blue set. :D Now for Blizz to fix it so long hair shows under hats like that...:)

I like the plate circlets too! Love that option.
Agreed on both counts. Jet's got long hair and she looks so weird when a hat removes it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Wain wrote:The staff is one of the nicer pieces though I *think* (could be wrong) that there's already one like it in the game. The white mage hat and a couple of wolf heads are new colours, though none belongs to a full available set. Most of the other weapons have generic looks. Maybe they forgot or ran out of time. Would have been nice to at least get excited about loot for transmog.
Actually, Archmage's Staff is currently unique. Tower of the Mouldering Corpse has the same model, but a different skin (dark + blue accents vs. gold + crimson accents). I can't find the former on AtlasLoot, but Rhonin and Warden Alturas are wearing it if you want to compare the look.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I just finished doing it with two guild members, close friends.. and we were AWESOME... it was a blast. Even if the final boss got bugged under this stupid table.. we had to exit the building and wait for him to reset.

And i got the Marine's Rifle!!!!!

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.