A reluctant and unexpected Break....

Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

A reluctant and unexpected Break....

Unread post by Hisae »

Like the subject says I will be taking a forced, reluctant break from Wow. The reason? My laptop. Last night as I was fishing on my hunter, Wow froze completely, including with flickering screen and then it went completely black. Couldn't do the cntrl/alt/delete, so I did the manual restart and that's when things took a turn for the worse. I tried to repair but couldn't do that, tried a complete PC restore, that didn't work either. *Sighs sadly* I took it to both Best Buy and Office Depot and they said they could send it off for a fee or a fee to try and get it to restore, (sadly funds are not at I wish them to be) they in the end said pretty much the same thing "TIME TO BUY A NEW ONE." I am sad that my laptop thats been so awesome has decided to give up after 3 years of bonding. T.T I do not know when I'll return (hopefully soon)

I do have a favor to ask to petopians on the alliance side of Whisperwind, I have a really good friend named Strev/strevnor in the guild Fidelis, could you please let him know about my break? I'll still linger here on the forums and petopia watching and looking at all the neat changes that happen with Wow, until I return!

Edit: Plua/Yunas is what Strev/Stevnor knows me as!
Last edited by Hisae on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: A reluctant and unexpected Break....

Unread post by Astratia »

That's really a shame that your laptop went down like that. Three years though, that seems like a short lifespan fora laptop :(

My only little suggestion: I know Best Buy on occasion has an 18 month no interest program if you get their credit card. They will have special promotions where if you buy an item(s) over say.. 400$ then it could grant you 6 months, or 18 months no intrest depending on what the deal is that month, I personally did this myself before Black Friday two years back and got my (amazing) desktop from them and made payments. If you did go this route be sure to have it paid off before the final date or interest is... ridiculous.

Hopefully you will be back soon :)

Edit:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-Prom ... 3300050048

Looks like they have the 18 month promo going on currently for 429$ and up. That would be a good investment for a laptop or desktop.

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

found this on best buy, I think its a good deal! What the graphics card be good to run Wow on Max settings?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Insp ... Id=5892069
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

Ok, UPDATE! I've been able to get it back to the desktop after doing a complete PC restore with the recovery discs, but now I can't even upload the important drivers still needed. It keep shutting itself down and saying either "failed to start" or "unexpected shutdown" and I keep getting a blue screen. At least though I know it still can be saved, talked with a geek squad assocaite and it might be the hard drive, still hard to tell, will possibly be heading over to Best buy either today or Friday as I work and I'm going over to visit family tomorrow, but keep my laptop in your prayers!!
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

Another UPDATE!
Ok, my brother in law is looking at it as he is an IT tech and he knows his stuff. He said that it looks like a virus had snuck its way into my computer and it was causing my computer to act up. He's going to do a complete wipe of my computer and reinstall the OS and hopefully it will be fixed and working flawlessly. ^_^
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

UPDATE~ Laptop possibly will be returned tomorrow!! Sister is bring it over when she comes tomorrow, but I won't be able to do anything with it until I get in from work, hopefully Wow will be installed if not, gotta reinstall. I can't wait to come back!
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

Another update! Laptop works, BUT the video card is the problem, I can't play Wow at all and I was suggested I could get a new card but I will probably run into the same problem later. Looks like a new computer for me.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I am beginning to think computer gremlins got ahold of your laptop, good luck on finding a replacement :)

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Syleye wrote:I am beginning to think computer gremlins got ahold of your laptop, good luck on finding a replacement :)
Aye, that's a lot of bad luck for a computer to run through. Not saying that mine hasn't, one of the fans in my tower failed completely and in turn the video card melted stopped working from overheating.

I was about to ask why it would run into the same problem with a different video card, then remembered that you have a laptop instead of a desktop. xD oops

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

Good news, my parents are letting me put Wow on the desktop that has a ATI Radeon 5450 graphics card in, I'm grateful but I wish I had the funds to get my own desktop/laptop so that I didn't have to load it on their computer. Is that graphics card good? ATI Radeon 5450? Also if anyone has suggestions for a good desktop I can get for $300-$400 that can run Wow on ultra and give good FPS, I would be overjoyed!
Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

I actually bought my desktop computer off craigslist for 400.00. The guy that sold it to me was an ex wow player lol. I looked up the specs of my computer and it retails for 2200. So maybe check craigslist! Also did you ever get in touch with your friend on Whisperwind? Or did anyone give him the message? I play horde on there but could easily hop over and let him know. Good luck!
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

:hug: Val, thank you for offering but I was able to let him know about me being offline. I'm able to play wow again but I rather have my own computer again. :cry: