Getting Bored of Level 90

Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Getting Bored of Level 90

Unread post by Schlager »

The amount of time I'm spending to try get new gear after hitting ilevel 463 is ridiculous.

1. Do dailies, turn in, do more dailies, turn in, get last set of dailies, hope for something good to drop from Treasures of the Vale, instead get a measly amount of gold for over an hour's work.
2. Do random, nobody talks, git er done, no drops. Thx for run, bye.
3. Do raid finder, tank and spank, gold drops. Thx bye.
4. Search for rares, kill and get lame drops.
5. Raid, spend gold on pots and food, wipe repeatedly.

Why all the gold drops and no item progression?? Plus, my bags are full because at least 20 items take up space for no reason, half of which could easily be filed as "Currency":

1. Skyshard
2. Mote of Harmony
3. Sigil of Power
4. Lesser Charm of Good Fortune
5. 6 types of food
6. Restored Artifact crates
7. 3 types of flasks
8. 8 different items from rare NPCs (ie: Mr Smite's Brass Compass, Ai-Li's Skymirror, Hardened Shell...)
9. Thermal Anvil
10. Quest items

This endgame grind is a lot tougher than I remember. Hope there are some awesome pets coming up because I'm really bored during this gear level between dungeons and raids.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: Getting Bored of Level 90

Unread post by Shade »

I've been focusing on one daily rep section at a time. It will make my rep grinds take a lot longer-but I'm not going to want to slit my wrists after doing the ones in the vale, then farmville, then psychopathic bugs and then fishing. Its too much for me to do and enjoy my time doing them-and if I finish them too quick I know I will get bored later on.

So I'm focusing on one rep group at a time.

After I do those dailies I do a quest or I go grab my friend and we duo the old world raids that she never knew of (and some that were before my time even). Mostly for the heck of it and to get some old world gear for transmog. Last night was the raid that drops the phoenix mount and soem dailies. We just did the old Mt Hyjal raid-and it was rather refreshing going in blind and figuring things out. Happily we only wiped once, her on her 88 pally and me on my so-so geared 90 hunter. We then went and did Trial of the Cursader 10 man, got to the bug under the ground before we wiped and by then we were too tired to do it again. I had forgotten most of the mechanics for that fight till we were actually in it and by then it was a wipe. Get her to 90 and we should be fine to go back and finish that one.

Anyways my point is, go try some of the old world content if you are bored with the new? It was pretty fun to go back and explore stuff with a two man group.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

So you know, the Lesser Charms will be currency from what I read on mmo champion.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I only focus on one faction at a time as well, though I do my daily 4 plot planting to start off with, then do my anglers dailies, and if any archaeology sites are along the way I do those and then do the Arch daily, if no digsites, I skip it. maybe do a heroic or two, hunt for lost and found objects, check out some rares, dodge giant white birds, pet battle, quest.

Tomorrow I will be done anglers, then I will get the lorewalker one done, I hear thats pretty quick, then on to start lotus rep the following day. I already finished my cloud serpent one. I am just trying to pace myself by doing a little bit everyday without feeling like I MUST do everything now now now.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I'm working on August Celestials for now. When I reach Revered, I will work on the other factions and eventually get them all up to revered. It gets easier and easier to do the dailies, as you get better gear.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

AdamSavage wrote:I'm working on August Celestials for now. When I reach Revered, I will work on the other factions and eventually get them all up to revered. It gets easier and easier to do the dailies, as you get better gear.
Yeah I'm just going for Revered for the factions at this point for me. No point in grinding exhalted unless you really need that mount now. I'd rather wait and have half the grind later myself.

I'm mostly done though with this expac for now. Halo 4 comes out tonight so I'll be content with going back to console on xbox.

I dislike how many dailies there are though. I wish I could grind Shado-Pan without having to do more dailies though. I got tired of dailies going Golden Lotus up to Revered.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Personally I am getting a little burned out as well

Its just because the dailies are so mind numbing boring not to mention most of the time you get the most horrible quest hub it seems on top of that last 4 days I am stuck with the bug isle for shadowpan ugh.

MOP feels very restrictive atm a large chuck just seem to much based around dailies and for people who have a busy week (work IRL and guild raiding) the dailies on top of that are just killing. ye ye I know you can skip them its just that its frustrating because if you do skip them you can never catch up in the weekends or something when you have time.
I just wished it was like in TBC I could grind or farm rep in the weekends or something by running specific dungeons or collecting drops I could turn in -_-
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

It does seem that Blizzard did kind of overdo it in a couple areas. For me, one of those is that a couple of zones just seem to go on for too long. The Dread Wastes was like that for me. It's likely just because I didn't like the zone too much.

The other is definitely reps. I don't mind grinding rep too much, but when there are so many of them and the dailies take so long to finish, it's easy to get burnt out. Like a lot of others, I'm only bothering with a couple reps at a time. Even so, it seems as if I use up most of my play time just doing those. Golden Lotus just gets to be boring as heck. At least with the old Molten Front dailies, advancing in rep and opening up new dailies left you with a more manageable number. With Golden Lotus, it just feels to me like there are far too many to do each day. After finishing them on my warrior (who is still only honored) the other day I did the ones on my hunter (who is only friendly and still only has the first set to do). A guildy asked me if I was insane or just a masochist. I also would like it if the number of things that need to be killed/gathered/whatever was about half that which it currently is. I know it'll be less crowded down the road, but right now, even finding 12 untagged Mogu to kill for that daily can be a pain.

At first I kind of liked the assorted Ways the Tillers had, but I've come to find them annoying as well. Maybe with a few fewer Ways, or even just more rep for the dailies I'd be cringing less at the thought of so many alts having to go through the crap all over again.
Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

Personally I don't do much endgame stuff anymore other than pvp, I haven't even done LFR on my main. I just hate what they have done to gearing up right now, so I level alts instead and do pvp(which has the same gearing up system as before) I loved doing HoTs with friends to gear up in Cata and then getting valor for gear( from one source, and not gated behind rep grinds)
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Im probably one of the few who hasnt gotten bored :lol: I was doing Golden Lotus, Cloud Serpent, and Tillers at the same time, then i got done with Serpent and began Shado-Pan and August Celestials, then i got done Lotus and right now im doing Shado-Pan and Celestials and will be done Shado-pan on my birthday (Nov 7th :D! I calculated just 2 days of dailies to go), then i'll be starting Klaxxi while doing my Celestials and finally finish Pandaria off with Anglers. Lorewalkers took me only like, 2 hours to do after i researched where all the scrolls were xD

Im finding Pandaria tons of fun and all im doing is dailies really. I have begun to try some old world stuff like BWL for my rogue to nab some mog stuff and i always do Kara each week but thats about it. I guess all in all im mostly content with change of scenery. I just cant get enough of the zones and i cant wait to get my monk into pandaria so i can do some lone RPing

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

It is too easy to burn out on reps. The first day at level 90 I tried to do all the dailies of the factions I could. That didn't go on long. I settled on doing three reps a day and finished them to exalted (Tillers, Anglers, the Order). Now I'm working on Klaxxi and Golden Lotus. Slowly and inconsistently though. I've got two other 90's and trying to get my other alts to 90 as well. It's only been over a month but already I'm tired of the grind. Fortunately I only need exalted with the Order for Cloud Serpents and honored/revered for certain professions and those can wait until the 5.1 buffs for everyone else.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm still enjoying MoP alot. I'm only doing one or two faction dailies at a time, since I'm not that concerned with gearing up. So far I've just got the Order of the Cloud Serpent, the Lorewalkers and the Tillers to exalted. I got all the shinies for my farm by making friends with the all the Tillers and genuinely enjoy my farm. Now I'm working on Klaxxi and the Anglers, and if I'm feeling particularly masochistic, Golden Lotus :lol: If I get bored with dailes, I take a break from them for a while. They'll still be there. I fish, do some archaeology, do some pet battles, wander around, look for rares that want to kill me, do some questing I never got to while leveling. I haven't even done a single MoP dungeon yet. I also have a few 85+ alts that I'm slowly leveling. Like Chen Stormstout said to Li Li "If we explore Pandaria too quickly, we will quickly run out of Pandaria to explore"
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Just got 'Master of the Ways' title this morning, which is the 5.0 title I was most anticipating! Should be BF/exalted with Nat/Angler's by the end of the week. Currently working on the pet leveling achievements. Need to finish up the KW zone quests and work on Klaxxi dailies.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bristlenose wrote:It is too easy to burn out on reps. The first day at level 90 I tried to do all the dailies of the factions I could. That didn't go on long. I settled on doing three reps a day and finished them to exalted (Tillers, Anglers, the Order). Now I'm working on Klaxxi and Golden Lotus. Slowly and inconsistently though. I've got two other 90's and trying to get my other alts to 90 as well. It's only been over a month but already I'm tired of the grind. Fortunately I only need exalted with the Order for Cloud Serpents and honored/revered for certain professions and those can wait until the 5.1 buffs for everyone else.
Pretty much what happened to me. I'm probably gonna work on Celestials and Klaxxi.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

I wanted the cloud serpent so bad I worked on that before any others, got most of my rep thru eggs. I just unlocked Shado-Pan, so I visited the vendor to see what I'd be able to unlock, and rep items still cost Valor??

So working your rear off every day to get rep still requires a night job to get valor.

Maybe I need to do some PvP, it's more action oriented and exciting.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Schlager wrote:I wanted the cloud serpent so bad I worked on that before any others, got most of my rep thru eggs. I just unlocked Shado-Pan, so I visited the vendor to see what I'd be able to unlock, and rep items still cost Valor??

So working your rear off every day to get rep still requires a night job to get valor.

Maybe I need to do some PvP, it's more action oriented and exciting.
It would take close to half of a year to get enough Valor points, for all of the Rep Gear...
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Although I understand why Blizzard is doing what they are doing, with so much rep and dailies. I don't mind the rep grinding, but making VP gear bound to rep is forcing players to play a certain way when they had previously stated that they did not want people feeling forced to do play a certain way.

On one hand they are trying to make this expansion last longer, and make sure that players contiguously have something to do, but on the other hand they have taken this a bit to the extreme.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Unread post by Derax »

I don't do one faction at a time just extends how much longer you have to do the dailies. I figured I get them all done and finally hit exalted today with august celestials and I am not exalted with every faction. As far as items drop some of it is just luck others are nice VP drops you can get decently geared just getting VP items and also when you hit exalted some of the factions even give you a really good quest reward loot.

I do agree though on all the items taking up my bag space. I am sitting around 4k lesser charms glad they are moving to currency but the other items like skyshard, motes, sigils they are not that bad. Also you can just carry around one type of feast if you want to free up food space.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)