Glorious!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Glorious!

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I finished up the Glorious achievement last night by finally finding Lon The Bull alive and not a corpse. It seems that people camp him for his bag of herbs which always contains 15-20 Golden Lotus and a bunch of other things. I got 16 lotus myself. His spawn time appears to be about 90 minutes to two hours.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Re: Glorious!

Unread post by Neilaren »

My last was Sulik'shor... When I noticed people are actively camping, I had to look up his drop... a 500 all-stats elixir? I feel like just using the alchemy-made flasks are more, uh, beneficial!
Ah well. I was very excited when he finally spawned and someone wasn't magically appearing before I could tab back into the game to get him.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

My last few are all ones that seem to be camped constantly. I always seem to be a second too late on some of them as well. I've seen Moldo One-Eye several times, everytime it's just as someone engages him. I also tend to see the ones I need when on my other characters, which I can never manage to switch over and fly there in time.

My list of ones left to get:
Scritch
Torik-Ethis
Sulik'shor
Borginn Darkfist
Jonn-Dar
Krol the Blade
Urgolax
Nessos the Oracle
Omnis Grinlok
Moldo One-Eye
Lon the Bull
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

The hardest ones for me were the higher level Pandaren. It's really hard for a Hunter to interrupt their heals consistently since only Silencing Shot will do it. If you stun them with Intimidation or Scatter Shot, it stops the cast but as soon as the stun wears off, they immediately cast the heal. I had to enlist help on 2 or 3 of them after trying futilely for 20 minutes to kill the suckers. A bear Druid works perfectly as an aid.

The Jinyu can be rough too, especially the one in the Vale by that small lake. Thankfully, Intimidation and Scatter Shot do stop them from throwing the water bombs.
Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

Yea those self-healing pandaren were the hardest to solo, even with two hunters it's a royal pain! I spent like 15 minutes fighting the one in the vale with one of the hunters in my guild. Only way to do it is to have Readiness up.

I got my achievement last week, I've been farming the guy north of Lon the Bull, he sometimes drops Big Bag of Arms, I think it's called, with a BOE purple (ilevel 440, level 87 I think) and a BOP purple.

I also farmed a couple others for their items, I keep going after the two in Dread Waste that drop mini pets!
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Danielfboone wrote:The hardest ones for me were the higher level Pandaren. It's really hard for a Hunter to interrupt their heals consistently since only Silencing Shot will do it. If you stun them with Intimidation or Scatter Shot, it stops the cast but as soon as the stun wears off, they immediately cast the heal. I had to enlist help on 2 or 3 of them after trying futilely for 20 minutes to kill the suckers. A bear Druid works perfectly as an aid.

The Jinyu can be rough too, especially the one in the Vale by that small lake. Thankfully, Intimidation and Scatter Shot do stop them from throwing the water bombs.
Yeah, I noticed this. No matter what rotation I used they ALWAYS tried to cast their heal three times in a row. I watched other people fight them and they'd only try once, and when interrupted, didn't try again. I had no idea what they were doing that I wasn't. I tried Scatter -> Silence -> Intimidate and Silence-> Scatter -> Intimidate. They still tried to cast it three times every time. My first run in with a Panda was Nasra Spothide. She didn't seem to want to heal and died really fast and easy, and this was while I was leveling. The next one was while I was leveling at the Chi-Ji temple. I had no idea about the self heal as Nasra didn't use it, so it took me a while fighting him to get the feel for the fight down, but I did kill him eventually. Ai-Li Skymirror was a PAIN. Again, leveling in the area. The fight wasn't as long as the guy in Chi-Ji, but she did the triple casting of heals and I screwed up my rotation of interrupts several times because some random Paladin would run in and interrupt her. Then when all mine were on CD he didn't interrupt. Once 90, and better geared, the last few Pandas I needed went down fast enough that I only had to worry about one round of interrupts.

Jinyu are next up, but I didn't know about being able to interrupt their Rain Dance. I just assume the silver bordered abilities can't be. I know better now... I was talking about this very thing on another forum I frequent and he mentioned using Scatter on Going Bananas, so I figured it would work on Rain Dance as well. My first fight with a Jinyu wasn't pretty. I didn't die, but my pet did from a Torrent after Rain Dance. I still worry about Rain Dance because Scatter range is rather.. short.

I didn't know about two of them dropping mini-pets. They were actually two I had killed already for the Achieve so I didn't bother to really check for them anymore. If I find a rare up that I have killed I normally leave it for other people. Now that I know they drop pets I'm swinging by to find them. I managed to find the Jinyu on the rock in the pond. Dropped off my mount and Mind Controlled a nearby croc, as I moved in closer to tag it someone(another Hunter) had other ideas and rushed in to claim the Jinyu. I sat back and watched as he lost his pet to Torrent and had to Feign. I grabbed it after it reset, kind of smirking I'll admit, and killed it myself. No drop though. ; ;

People are so very, very rude with these rares. Even ones that don't drop anything all that worth while(the lower level ones). So many times have I had one ganked from me as I was in mid shot, or even in one situation I HAD shot it first but it gave credit to the Paladin who was still mounted when the shot hit. I came upon Go-Kan I think it was, in the boat on the little lake in Krasarang. I saw two people standing there and immediately stopped (I was in full kill mode ready to drop off and shoot him). I asked if they were waiting on someone and if I could join. We teamed up and killed it so we all got credit. Is it really so hard?
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

For the Panda guys that heal and the Jinyu, get a pet that can interrupt. A gorilla is really perfect for it, and just use Scatter or Silencing shot in between to take care of anything between CDs. Remember Scatter lasts 4 seconds so you can actually keep the guy disoriented long enough to let your pet's interrupt CD come back up in case he tries to heal as soon as it breaks.

On the Jinyu don't bother interrupting Rain Dance, it is easy to dodge if you keep moving. Torrent is the only thing that can kill your pet, and even then, if you save your Stampede (with all pets with growl on) you can still rez the pet and keep the fight going if you miss an interrupt cycle.