Looking to switch realms...

Furiku
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Velen

Looking to switch realms...

Unread post by Furiku »

Hi guys, long time no see. :3 I'm hoping you guys can give me a bit of advice as to where I might want to go realm wise. Long story short is huge drama went down and now I want to gtfo my old realm of Velen so I don't have to run the risk of running into certain people. Yeah...(And because of this drama I haven't played at all lately or gotten MoP yet...I'm trying to get back into the game though. I'm not going to let this stop me from enjoying something I like!)

So here's a bit of info about what I'm willing to do realm switch wise.
-I prefer pve over pvp
-I've already been to Black Dragonflight, Boulderfist, Firetree, Velen, Whisperwind and...I think one more I can't remember.
- I would like to stay Alliance mainly for money reasons, however some input on horde possibilities would be nice, if anything I might roll up a completely new character there.
-I mainly want to explore looking for pets and such so guilds and all aren't quite important though they are quite nice.
-The main thing I want is a smaller pop realm but still has enough people to make you wonder how it is low pop.

So yeah, toss out some suggestions and I'll roll up a new character to check them out.

Hey look, they announce Illidan returning in some form and suddenly I'm back. Hmmmm I wonder if there's a connection. :D

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Looking to switch realms...

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Make a level one toon and go to realms that meet your criteria (pop, time zone, etc). Then hit general chat and ask questions. You should be able to get a feel for what reals are good. This worked very well when i transferred.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Mok'nathal is a nice choice. Talkative alliance, quiet horde, PvE, low populated, not many smart hunters so he mop rares are almost always out, etc. I suggest checking it out.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Draenor is a low pop, especially Horde side. I'm not sure what the population of the Alliance is. I have a two man guild there (horde), though I'm rarely if ever there, I mostly play on Nagrand.

Senjin is also a decent realm, again, I have a two man guild there but also it never gets use. Not sure on faction populations though.

I recommend using http://wow.realmpop.com/ to determine populations etc :) A very handy resource!
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

If you're into PvE and RP...I recommend my server, Moon Guard. :3 It's a high population server with many rpers and pvers. I got lots of hunter connections on Horde and Alliance.

I also run a small guild called <Guardians of Xuen> :3
Last edited by Lisaara on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

If you're looking to avoid running into anyone from Velen, be sure to spend some time on Velen and noticing what realms get CRZ'ed with you. While CRZ mashes together people from 'other similar realm types', it doesn't mash them ALL together; it selects from certain servers. For example, when I am on WRA, I see people from Moon Guard and Sisters of Elune, but I don't see anyone from Sentinels. Sentinels seems to include Farstriders, which WRA's CRZ does not. Once you find that out, you can rule out those servers too.

The other alternative is to switch realm type from PVE to RP or PVP (I wouldn't recommend the latter but I hate PVP. XD ) If you're looking for low/med population, then I'd recommend Sentinels or Thorium Brotherhood. High Pop, I'd suggest WRA, which is slightly less of a madhouse than MG.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

How did you go, Furiku?
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Furiku
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Furiku »

So far I haven't picked yet, I've been checking out each one. Plus due to a car doing it's best to explode (and thus causing us to fix it...) I've had to push back transferring sadly. With any luck though I'll get a chance to switch soon though. Thanks for all the suggestions guys! They really do help a lot. :3

Hey look, they announce Illidan returning in some form and suddenly I'm back. Hmmmm I wonder if there's a connection. :D

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh dear! Exploding car...not fun!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine