The fate of Farmer Yoon

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:35 pm
Realm: Draka
Gender: Male for both
Location: If I'm somewhere else, I can't be here

The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Danielfboone » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:08 pm

It has now been revealed why Farmer Yoon gives you his farm and what happens in his life. This just in on mmo-champion.
Patch 5.2 - Sunsong Ranch Improvements
Along with the previously mentioned Work Orders, some other changes have come to Sunsong Ranch in Patch 5.2.

Nana Mudclaw has realized she is getting on in years and is looking for someone to take over the Tiller's Union. She asks you to see if Farmer Yoon is willing to take over, which he is! This results in him giving Sunsong Ranch to you for free.
Image

User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17412
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Lisaara » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Oh cool!

And this should be in 5.2, not WoW General. :3

Image
LisaaraFlight RisingPokefarmPixpet
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!


User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Kalliope » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh, that's good! I'm glad he got a promotion. :) Very sweet of Nana too! :D

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Myzou » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:02 am

My only issue is they said you don't need exalted to buy the farm.

I'm happy he GIVES you the farm (I was not looking forward to a hefty price tag on multiple alts), but it just seems weird. "Oh hey stranger, I got promoted. Here's my family heirloom farm." I hope they do tie this to exalted with tillers, to be honest. It only takes 4 days to get exalted, 3 if you plan ahead, after you have the commendation. I hit 90 on my monk, started the dailies, hit exalted 3 days later.

User avatar
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:06 pm
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),
Gender: Female

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Bonita » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:40 am

Myzou wrote:My only issue is they said you don't need exalted to buy the farm.

I'm happy he GIVES you the farm (I was not looking forward to a hefty price tag on multiple alts), but it just seems weird. "Oh hey stranger, I got promoted. Here's my family heirloom farm." I hope they do tie this to exalted with tillers, to be honest. It only takes 4 days to get exalted, 3 if you plan ahead, after you have the commendation. I hit 90 on my monk, started the dailies, hit exalted 3 days later.
I totally agree with that. If youre not exalted he doesn't have the rep yet to earn his new job so it wouldn't make any sense anyways.

Image
Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!


User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17412
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Lisaara » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:47 am

Bonita wrote:
Myzou wrote:My only issue is they said you don't need exalted to buy the farm.

I'm happy he GIVES you the farm (I was not looking forward to a hefty price tag on multiple alts), but it just seems weird. "Oh hey stranger, I got promoted. Here's my family heirloom farm." I hope they do tie this to exalted with tillers, to be honest. It only takes 4 days to get exalted, 3 if you plan ahead, after you have the commendation. I hit 90 on my monk, started the dailies, hit exalted 3 days later.
I totally agree with that. If youre not exalted he doesn't have the rep yet to earn his new job so it wouldn't make any sense anyways.
I agree there. I actually feel you should need to be exalted first. (Not like it's hard to get up there)

Image
LisaaraFlight RisingPokefarmPixpet
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!


User avatar
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1730
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:26 pm
Realm: Drenden/Arygos/Aman'thul
Gender: female
Location: far away from Deepholm.

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by SylviaDragon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:52 am

/agree
I like the idea. Its nice to know he got a happy ending and has moved up a bit in the world. =) But I feel that this should be somthing you get at exsalted. I wouldnt turn over my land to a stranger for free.

Image


User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Kalliope » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:56 am

Has anyone seen any evidence that this can happen prior to exalted?

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2972
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:46 pm
Realm: Zul'jin(US)
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Qinni » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:02 am

YAY ITS FREE! I GET A NEW HOME FOR FREE! <3

User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Myzou » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:25 am

Kalliope wrote:Has anyone seen any evidence that this can happen prior to exalted?
Blizzard said it was not required in a blue post last week. It may have changed since they made it free, but *shrug*.

User avatar
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2916
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)
Gender: Dood

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Quiv » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:37 pm

Edit: It seems odd from a story telling perspective for Nana to give Yoon a place on the Tiller Union before he even joins Tillers (and doesn't he join when you, his "servant" becomes exalted with them?)
Image

User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Kalliope » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Myzou wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Has anyone seen any evidence that this can happen prior to exalted?
Blizzard said it was not required in a blue post last week. It may have changed since they made it free, but *shrug*.
I've done some searches and not found existence of this post. Can you link it, please?

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 am
Realm: Zul'gin
Gender: Female

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by lilaughingwolf » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:13 pm

I do agree with everyone, I think you should have to be exalted. If not....the story line just seems super flawed.

User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Kalliope » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:19 pm

I think we're all in agreement that it only makes sense that this option be available at exalted.

I'm saying that I haven't seen one shred of evidence that says that it is available prior to exalted, which would mean all of this fretting is for nothing. :)

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2972
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:46 pm
Realm: Zul'jin(US)
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Qinni » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:21 pm

If they do keep it this way...you should pay a fee if you aren't exalted. Kinda like a...

"I don't know anyone else to take care of my farm but I don't know you all to well either. Maybe you can take care of my farm for a small fee?"

User avatar
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 am
Realm: Zul'gin
Gender: Female

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by lilaughingwolf » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Qinni wrote:If they do keep it this way...you should pay a fee if you aren't exalted. Kinda like a...

"I don't know anyone else to take care of my farm but I don't know you all to well either. Maybe you can take care of my farm for a small fee?"
Oh, I like this...makes it seem less odd.

User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Kalliope » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Qinni wrote:If they do keep it this way
I don't believe it's that way at all to begin with.

To prove it, I took my premade down to Sunsong Ranch. Nana Mudclaw had no quest available before I talked to Farmer Yoon (naturally), nor did she after I reached friendly with the Tillers.

While it's possible that I'm wrong and that the farm can be obtained at honored or revered, it looks to me like my theory thus far is holding: the farm DOES only become available to the player at exalted.

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2972
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:46 pm
Realm: Zul'jin(US)
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Qinni » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Kalliope wrote:
Qinni wrote:If they do keep it this way
I don't believe it's that way at all to begin with.

To prove it, I took my premade down to Sunsong Ranch. Nana Mudclaw had no quest available before I talked to Farmer Yoon (naturally), nor did she after I reached friendly with the Tillers.

While it's possible that I'm wrong and that the farm can be obtained at honored or revered, it looks to me like my theory thus far is holding: the farm DOES only become available to the player at exalted.
blizzard also said they wouldn't have the ranch active on the ptr.

also its was a VERY BIG PHAT IF

User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Kalliope » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Qinni wrote:blizzard also said they wouldn't have the ranch active on the ptr.
They changed their minds on that; my copy of real Kalli was able to do the quest with Nana Mudclaw. :)

I know you said it was an "if." But you said "if they keep it that way" - my point is that there's no chance of them keeping it that way if it's not that way at all!

My point is that there's no need to convince Blizzard to only allow the switchover at exalted because they're already doing it!

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2916
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)
Gender: Dood

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Quiv » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Kalliope wrote:To prove it, I took my premade down to Sunsong Ranch. Nana Mudclaw had no quest available before I talked to Farmer Yoon (naturally), nor did she after I reached friendly with the Tillers.

While it's possible that I'm wrong and that the farm can be obtained at honored or revered, it looks to me like my theory thus far is holding: the farm DOES only become available to the player at exalted.
I didnt realize you had done this. I copied over a toon that is Honored to see and she didn't offer me the quest either. My exalted toon that I copied has the quest available. I think Exalted is fairly safe bet.
Last edited by Quiv on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Post Reply