Too many hunters?

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Too many hunters?

Unread post by Castile »

This may seem like a dumb question but i have 2 hunters (both named Castile at this point). One is Horde atm but she will soon be alliance as my guild is moving/starting a new. My other hunter (whom ive had since vanilla) is also alliance (was horde for a very long time) but on a different server.

I'm thinking of either moving both to the same server and faction or making the vanilla Castile Horde again.

My question is: Is it silly to have 2 hunters of the same faction? I kinda want to be with my friends when i lvl all my toons but worried it might be odd having 2 the same faction.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Too many hunters?

Unread post by Lupis »

Hah, I think you'll find that many people here have far more than two hunters of the same faction. Personally, I can't stick to more than one hunter, but it's all up to you. If you're having fun on those two hunters, there's no reason to get rid of one just because they're on the same faction.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Not silly at all. I have 3 hunters. I made them back in the day when there was no such thing as a deul spec :lol:
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I have only six hunters these days, three on each side. I try to tell myself it's okay because they are different races, but I don't hold myself to such rules with other classes. All three of my DKs are Draenei (which annoys me greatly, as they are so stupid lore-wise, but I just love the way they look), and two of my shammies are Trolls. Play whatever feels best for you, and what you enjoy. That's what the game is here for after all! :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I have 4 allience hunters and 3 hordie hunters ;) :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I have 7. Three of them are 90, 1 is 86, another is 85, and 2 are on a realm I rarely plan on and are between level 11 and 22ish.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

When I have two hunters on one server they are opposite factions, but no reason to do that if you don't want to play both factions. What are your goals for your hunters?
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Thanks Guys :D

Goals? Hmm was going to use my current 'main' as my casual raider and perhaps lvl the other for pvp? I like the draenie racial for pvp...I think the main thing was I didn't want to leave one behind. I love both my hunters and want to use them both in some way.

Shadowlands

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

My hunters...Jessibelle, Taluwen, Junrei, Titala, Bellarosa, and many more on different servers. No...not silly at all. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Thanks all! I ended up making her horde, purely because i got back in touch with an old guildie who was horde side :) Castilian the tauren is born(again)!!!

I do plan on making another hunter to help lvl the alliance guild...thinking worgen or nelf maybe? :D love hunters <3

Shadowlands

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

ah well considering hunters are the only class I enjoy I have 4 lol leveling my newest one right now ^.^
people comment about it a lot asking whats with the hunters.. I explain 1. its the only class I like 2. if you want my alt in the alt runs your stuck with another hunter 3. why do you care what I play?

I still don't get why it bugs people what class I play lol. I say play what you want and if people don't like it well to bad.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Sasrei wrote:ah well considering hunters are the only class I enjoy I have 4 lol leveling my newest one right now ^.^
people comment about it a lot asking whats with the hunters.. I explain 1. its the only class I like 2. if you want my alt in the alt runs your stuck with another hunter 3. why do you care what I play?

I still don't get why it bugs people what class I play lol. I say play what you want and if people don't like it well to bad.
I agree :) I haved played nearly every class at one point or another but always come back to my top 2; Hunter and Druid. My 3 90's atm are Hunter, Druid, Shaman. Next 90 will likely be another hunter too!

I made a night elf the other day :D lil Raelyse is my latest addition and I plan on lvling her to max cap...

p.s. Heirlooms are the bomb! killed six mobs and lvl! holy molly times have changed o.0

Shadowlands

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I have 2 Hunters on Draka-US. My main, and my only 90 toon, is the NE named Danielfboone who has been my main since 2006. The other one is Undead created when the Forsaken first got the class. His name is Danielbone. :D

I'm not big on leveling alts but I hate using heirlooms. They make everything go too fast and be too easy. To me adding them to the game has been a big mistake. You get robbed of a lot of fun in leveling by not earning upgrades to your gear through quest rewards.
Hatari
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Hatari »

I have a lot of alts, but none of them have gotten very far. None of them have been a 2nd hunter. They're all other classes. So, I recently started a second hunter. Alliance side, this time. Human. We'll see how far I get. ;)
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

ah god, if you count both my accounts and all three servers (admittedly one is mostly lapsed) I must have about ten hunters.

Play what you want, i say.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

let's see... how many types of crafting are there in WoW?
Alchemy
Blacksmithing
Enchanting
Engineering
Leathercrafting
Tailoring
(not counting herbalism and skinning here)

Well, that's AT LEAST how many hunters I have.

I actually have far more than that, all on the same server, all in the same guild, spread across three accounts (10 toons per account, only one free slot on each).

It's actually easier for me to count my toons that AREN'T hunters!

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

5 hunters here...two of them are 85+ and one is 90, hunters are way to much fun to not play over and over haha.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

ok i am the crazist here...i have 23 hunters.no joke.different race and genders.i have an extra male worgen cause i thought the female worgens where creepy to but i worked up the nerv to try the female out anyway and i can't part with ether of my 2 male worgens.i do what i want.5 at 90 so far.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Danielfboone wrote:I'm not big on leveling alts but I hate using heirlooms. They make everything go too fast and be too easy. To me adding them to the game has been a big mistake. You get robbed of a lot of fun in leveling by not earning upgrades to your gear through quest rewards.
Not everybody enjoys the low levels. How do heirlooms ruin things? You don't have to use them if you like the levelling, while another player who hates them gets there quicker.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

haha I think i'll be the same soon! To help lvl our new guild I'm making an army of lvl 10 alts and atm they will all be hunters :P Mainly cause they are easy to lvl and quick but I love hunters too :)

My latest was Hoodster the human hunter and Ive been instructed by my guildmates that name has to stay!! (my RL last name is Hood if you're wondering where that comes from :P)

Shadowlands