To the Skies!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

To the Skies!

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I'm having some problems advancing this, since no pet and all (and the few heals I have are laughably poor). Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to complete this scenario? Other than switching specs, I mean. I'd rather not switch off BM... Everything I'm seeing says to feign death and allow yourself to regen all your health, but are there better ideas? I am having an awfully difficult time...

EDIT: I went ahead and switched specs, and it was so much simpler sighs. I'm a little annoyed that it was, but.... whatever.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: To the Skies!

Unread post by Zhinru »

I had to do the same. Actually had to learn dual spec and get Survival because I just didn't bother before. It seems undoable in BM atm.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

On the official WoW forums, someone specced BM said they had no problems, but... They had raid gear. I'm a fresh 90. The difference in health between us is going to be staggering. Others were saying they managed it by using FD and letting their health build back up, but that's slow and ridiculous and we shouldn't have to do that.

I'm rather annoyed that the two options I had were "switch specs, which you have never actually done before" or "FD and let this one part of it take twenty minutes ".
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

All my hunters are currently BM and all but one have managed this scenario without any problems, and without any tricks. I simply managed to kill the trolls fast enough, and the health gain in the scenario kept me alive after each kill. I was generally in a mix of heroics and LFR gear. However, I do have one restored hunter who had atrocious gear until very recently, and I have been unable to do the scenario on her. At ilvl 434 I was unable to get them down without dying. I decided to let the scenario be, because I absolutely refuse to dual spec for something like this, and have instead gone into heroics for gear. Next time I play her, I'll see if 448 will be enough to get them down.

Glad you managed it, but I do agree that it's ridiculous that they didn't think about the limitations of the BM spec for this scenario, I have done it with all my other non-hunter 90s without problems, so perhaps it just slipped their mind that a poorly geared BM is at a severe loss without their pet. :)
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I've done it as BM, not much of a problem once I've cought what it is about. Simply kill them one by one, the health you gain after each kill should be more than enough to keep you alive.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Myrrmi wrote:I've done it as BM, not much of a problem once I've cought what it is about. Simply kill them one by one, the health you gain after each kill should be more than enough to keep you alive.
I have actually went further when I tried spamming what little AoE I had. I still didn't succeed, but I was closer to it and with a bit higher ilvl I might have done it. Single target? Not even close.