Blood in the Snow scenerio and other questions

Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Blood in the Snow scenerio and other questions

Unread post by Kaellan »

I have a basic question about the Blood in the Snow scenario (the beginning quest of the Escalation quests). Is this a solo scenario or a regular one? I've not done a scenario before and I'm a bit apprehensive about it, I've done most of my leveling if not all solo. Is the scenario optional? Or do you have to do it on order to do the Barrens quests? Thanks!

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Blood in the Snow scenerio and other questions

Unread post by Dewclaw »

It's not a solo scenario, and you have to do several. I'm also pretty sure it's a pre-req for the barrens stuff. Don't sweat it though, it's not too bad. :)
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

It's a regular 3-person scenario and not all that difficult. It's the first of two that you have to do for Lorewalker Cho to open up the Barrens weekly. The others aren't required to progress along the chain to open the weekly. At least they aren't for Horde.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

It seems harder than other scenarios. My group died at least 4 times during it. The second one you get is easier.

On a side note, I don't like only having the weekly quest in the barrens. I think there should be some new dailies there.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Blood in the Snow is pretty tough. Dark Heart of Pandaria is pretty easy and scenarios are done in groups of three.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

I do most of my stuff solo too and I wanted to do the Blood in the Snow scenario, so I queued up for the normal non-heroic one... I died at least twice and during the whole time neither of the other two people with me said a word or anything.

Since doing the scenarios for that questline I have went back and done 3-4 other ones and seem to get into the scenarios pretty quick and other than not knowing what to do or where to go each scenario was pretty simple (non-heroic) and never got anyone telling me how my DPS sucked.

I am actually 'wanting' to do the scenarios that I have yet to complete when logging in... and getting gear upgrades without having to go into a dungeon is really great for me.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

It's just the baby-age difficulties of this scenario, with everyone doing it for the first time and not knowing where to go. And in this particular scenario, if you don't go where you should go and, for example, choose to storm head-first into that great troll dance-party that's the place of the final stage (coughcough), you end up on the graveyard almost instantly :P

It's not one of those kill-all-that-moves-and-other-things-too scenarios we got used to. You need to pay attention to the words on your screen, sneak around and kill the specified targets before going for the finale. Pretty nice thing for a change :)

Oh, and I loved it. Dwarfettes rulez! X3

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Myrrmi wrote:It's just the baby-age difficulties of this scenario, with everyone doing it for the first time and not knowing where to go. And in this particular scenario, if you don't go where you should go and, for example, choose to storm head-first into that great troll dance-party that's the place of the final stage (coughcough), you end up on the graveyard almost instantly :P
Yeah, that happened to my first group as well. The only reason we didn't completely wipe is because I was listening to the NPC who specifically said NOT TO GO THAT WAY! :lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Blood in the Snow and Battle on the High Seas (GOGO HORDE FAVORITISM! Haha. xD) are definitely the hardest scenarios we've had. You will take a LOT of damage, even in non heroic.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Myrrmi wrote:It's just the baby-age difficulties of this scenario, with everyone doing it for the first time and not knowing where to go. And in this particular scenario, if you don't go where you should go and, for example, choose to storm head-first into that great troll dance-party that's the place of the final stage (coughcough), you end up on the graveyard almost instantly :P
Yeah, that happened to my first group as well. The only reason we didn't completely wipe is because I was listening to the NPC who specifically said NOT TO GO THAT WAY! :lol:
Had it happen twice....first group, it was a wipe cause I pulled them and we died and I was like "Well....note to self....lets not shoot those guys."

Second time, people ran ahead and I LOLed cause I told them NOT to do that but I waved it off cause they hadnt done it before.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw wrote:It's not a solo scenario, and you have to do several. I'm also pretty sure it's a pre-req for the barrens stuff. Don't sweat it though, it's not too bad. :)
It's a regular 3-person scenario and not all that difficult. It's the first of two that you have to do for Lorewalker Cho to open up the Barrens weekly. The others aren't required to progress along the chain to open the weekly. At least they aren't for Horde.

UGH i still hate that they make a part of a story line something which i have to do together with strange ppl i dont know... Really not pleased with it.. and not sure i will get it done.. i dont cooperate well with other ppl telling me what to do... cept my husband ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

When I did it, nobody in the group said a word, not even after wiping 3 times. I was the one who said something like "Lol, not that easy". The response was "Yeah but there's only one guy left of the group, we should be able to kill him now". Later on, we got the big guy on the first try but the other Hunter was dead. We were 2 Hunters and an Elemental Shaman. Not an ideal group at all.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I queued up for it in a random, and other than attacking the large group of people (that was actually my fault; my computer was lagging a little, and the words didn't pop up until I'd already started shooting them), we only suffered a few minor problems. It took us a bit to really get going at first, but once we did it was simple.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The only one I've had a bit of trouble with is the Gob squad one. I dunno the two times I've done it that first boss as killed two of the 3 people XD I did it in N and H. It's fun.