Gold Challenge Modes, Need some Assistance

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Gold Challenge Modes, Need some Assistance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Hello and thank you everyone for taking time to read this forum post,

As the title stated, I am looking for help, on Gold Challenge Mode, (going for the transmog gear :P)

Any whom, I have frantically gearing out my Hunter the past three days, so far so good, he's jumped from 410 ilvl to 456 (with two Malevolent PVP Pieces on which I intend on replacing.)

However, I am concerned, even at my ilvl I am only pulling 30-40k DPS single target and roughly 60k Bursting, with 60k AOE DPS (approximately) in BM, I am trying SV, and I like the spec, a lot, but I am not comfortable in it so I am only pulling half the DPS I am in BM.

A lot of people are telling me to just get into full 463 ilvl gear at the least (because the Challenge Mode setting scales your gear ilvl down).

I have been watching a lot of Challenge Mode videos on people getting Gold, and I see a lot of people use Invisibility Potions & Shroud of Concealment every chance they get.

As a BM Hunter, what kind of DPS should I be pulling in Challenge Modes, what type of group set-up do you think I am going to need to maximize DPS and get the Gold achievement? What are some tips and tricks that you recommend? Any additional information that I should know? I am a nervous wreck because I want the transmog gear but I also am not sure what I should be pulling in order to get this done right, because I know for a fact, to get a Gold Medal, you need a lot of Team Work.

(Bear in mind, I have been playing Hunter since vanilla, so I know how to play Hunter, I just want to know how to maximize my DPS.)

Thank you very much for any added help,

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Gold Challenge Modes, Need some Assistance

Unread post by Morven »

It's worth remembering that PVP gear no longer has drawbacks for PVE, so you can keep the Malevolent gear until you get better.