A leveling challenge - No pandaria till 90!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

A leveling challenge - No pandaria till 90!

Unread post by Castile »

Sounds bizzare I know but I came up with the idea while using an alt to farm archy for the mount and the tournament for the last few mounts I have left to get.

I got my druid Sakurie all the way to 86 (4 bars left till 87) with archeology and the old 80 dailies. So why not try to lvl all the way on those things alone? Crazy? maybe. But i'll give it a shot!

Anyone else done any crazy challenges?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: A leveling challenge - No pandaria till 90!

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I have a vegan Death Knight who refused to kill any creature.. so he levelled from 70 to 76 only on picking flowers and cooking dailies. He had to choose his cooking dailies carefully, however.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I'd love to try leveling a healer from 1-90 without ever doing damage...but I'd need a rather dedicated friend to play muscle for me, lol.

I also have a nuzlock character...(attempt 5?) that I am trying to be very careful with...a dreanie hunter (self heals!)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

My friend and I are going to level a pair of toons 1-90 without ever doing an instance/scenario/raid on them, just to do as many of the quests as we can. May or may not even use heirlooms, we're still thinking on that.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I didn't think of it so much as a challenge, but I had my herbalist level from 80-85 by picking plants (not 100%, as I needed to do intro quests to open portals to areas).

Same toon is now leveling 85-90 via pet battling. I just hit 89. I was thinking of adding in herbing but I can't leave the Vale of Eternal Blossoms because I had a mage port me straight to the Shrine and I don't have any flight paths nor are the gates open so I can leave! :)
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

why dont you set your hearth there and then make use of the city portals...then you can go wherever and still be able to return to the vale.

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I guess I didn't word it well. I can go from Shrine (where my hearth is set) to any non-Pandaria zone. But until I do the opening quest for Pandaria I can't venture into other Pandaria zones other than the Vale.

I don't really have a reason for doing it this way. It's almost out of curiosity, to see if I can level a toon with the most bizarre set up possible. :) This poor toon is still geared in Cata opening quests gear, along with BoAs from the Relic Hunter achievement... and yet has exalted with Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Shado-Pan and August Celestials LOL.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Just dinged 87 after a Archaeology bing fest! I was thinking "surely id find the bug mount by 90!" but then i read some ppl had up to 400 solves before they found it! At this rate ill be 90 and no bug lol!!

Shadowlands

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

peanutbuttercup wrote:I guess I didn't word it well. I can go from Shrine (where my hearth is set) to any non-Pandaria zone. But until I do the opening quest for Pandaria I can't venture into other Pandaria zones other than the Vale.

I don't really have a reason for doing it this way. It's almost out of curiosity, to see if I can level a toon with the most bizarre set up possible. :) This poor toon is still geared in Cata opening quests gear, along with BoAs from the Relic Hunter achievement... and yet has exalted with Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Shado-Pan and August Celestials LOL.

I'm curious how you can get to exalted with all of those factions if you can't get out of that zone?
Are there means other than the daily quests?

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sukurachi wrote:I'm curious how you can get to exalted with all of those factions if you can't get out of that zone?
Are there means other than the daily quests?
You can get BoA rep insignias from killing Warscouts and Warbringers. For me it's so much more efficient than dailies that all my higher level alts got to exalted that way, before any of them hit 90 (the insignias have no level restriction). For the most recent alt I was working on, I was able to get from neutral to exalted for all four reps, in just 2 days.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

My druid altie lvled 86-90 solely on pet battles in VotFW :P
I had a strange feeling it actually took less time than questing or instance-running would, and I've got quite a few more of lvl25s out of it :D

My dead belf duble-agent has lvled 57-78 and 80-85 almost only by picking flowers and mining. The only exception were the introduction to Vash and the TH dragonmaw questline - my first red so high, just wanted to see those :)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Myrrmi wrote:My druid altie lvled 86-90 solely on pet battles in VotFW :P
I had a strange feeling it actually took less time than questing or instance-running would, and I've got quite a few more of lvl25s out of it :D

My dead belf duble-agent has lvled 57-78 and 80-85 almost only by picking flowers and mining. The only exception were the introduction to Vash and the TH dragonmaw questline - my first red so high, just wanted to see those :)
Wow didn't even think of pet battles!! Might be an idea for another toon hmm got me thinking! Gratz on your alts!

Shadowlands

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

You'll be amazed how much exp they give, and how fast can you plow through them.
There're almost no pets other than critters in the Valley and they wander in small packs - bandicoons, hedgehogs, grasshoppers - so you don't have to loose time looking for the next one. Only occasionally you'll get an otter or a turtle as an add. So get a lvl25 cat, or any other quick-killing, self-sufficient beast-attack master, and powerlvl both your character and pets to your hearth content :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Hisae »

I'm doing a challenge for myself on my newest baby hunter, Moonglaive. I'm going to level by quests and profession only as I started to realize I didn't like doing instances/dungeons while questing because you rise out of your zone's level too quickly. I'm going to take my time and do it by questing because I've gotten so wrapped up in the grind to get gear on my 90 that I need to relearn to love Wow again. Another thing I'm doing is I'm going to level to a certain level (not sure what level yet) but pick one pet as her very first tame, and then level with that pet and my starter pet, Crescent, as I haven't abandoned her yet, to 90. It will be interesting to try and resist to tame any rares I may find on my Kalimdor journey. :D
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Hisae »

What is a nuzlock character?
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

nuzlock is, if you die, your dead.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I levelled my rogue to 88 through only pet battles, cooking/fishing dailies, and DMF monthly quests.
add to this a bit of powerlevelling him through some dungeons on the way.

He didn't actually set foot in Pandaria until he was well into level 88, nearly 89.

I did pet battles 1 million exp at a time (as in, gain 1 mil exp, then take a short break) at Wyrmrest. There's a pet healer right there, and the birds, penguins and crabs were easy enough. I was getting a bit over 100k exp for my rogue, per battle.

And of course, it didn't hurt that I got 50 battlepets to level 25.

"Step on no pets!"