Getting back into WoW/Hunter-ing

vanillichu

Getting back into WoW/Hunter-ing

Unread post by vanillichu »

Hey, I've been inactive from WoW since last year and tonight of all nights I felt like I just had to play. I've felt like this for awhile now so hey why not take a go on the 10 days free MoP trial (since I don't get paid till next week to buy MoP and a sub.)
ANYWAYS! Important stuff here!
I have a few I guess noob like questions on both WoW and hunters :D And what is a better place to come then here? :) So please excuse me if this seems like a long post or even confusing ... It's like nearly 1am and yeah :(

1. How are Hunters doing in WoW? And I don't really care if they are/n't topping the meters, just wondering if they are still fun to play :)
2. If I was to use the free 10 days of MoP could I still do low level stuff without getting exp? Like mount running for the Barons horse? Rep farming old vanilla factions even BC ones, as long as I wasn't doing a quest? (Since it is only 10 days and I wouldn't even need to wait a week to get at least a sub ... So I don't really want to level my 85's just yet since I wouldn't be able to play them after the 10 days which is rather lame!)

I've already looked into the new pets and skills, even checked in on the skill book for a pet tame! (Yeah I've put to much thought into this!) But hopefully someone sees an idiot like me making this post and helps me out a little since it has been to long since I played and I've seemed to forgotten alot! (I even googled it and it came up with old nuclear disasters)
Thank you in advance~
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Getting back into WoW/Hunter-ing

Unread post by Lisaara »

Welcome back!

1. Hunters are...so-so. I mean they're fun to play but they still have some hiccups and are about low - middle of the pack as far as DPS goes. They did a lot of changes. I recommend looking at the patch notes.

2. Um...I'm not sure, actually.

But hey if you need any help, just say so!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

1. One week into 5.4 and DPSwise we're in a good place so far. We've gotten buffed a bit and now I'm able to finish close to the top of the meters instead of scraping by (my raid benching "privilege" has been withdrawn).

Is it "fun" - well that's subjective. We still have a button bloat issue IMO as well as pet aggro and pathing problems, it seems. But overall hunters are still great for soloing and well represented in raids.

2. Don't know about that, sorry.
Vlentana
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Vlentana »

Like you, OP, I had taken a two year sabaticle from WoW. I came back not much more than a month ago. I was very skeptical about the changes to hunter. Now, bear in mind, I'm a soloer. So I tend to use LFR and LFG tools. But I love what we have now. I play to have fun, not make a second job out of it. But that doesn't mean that I don't pay attention to some of what ElitistJerks say in terms to what's needed. I will say, I'm enjoying destroying everything with my pet as BM. *Looks at C'Thun...sicks Chimera on him. Gives a big toothy grin as C'Thun is destroyed* See?!
vanillichu

Unread post by vanillichu »

Thanks for the replies, its been about 5+ days since I activated it and so far I've liked some of the newer things! Sadly though since I was using a 10 days free trial I couldn't level passed 85 (auto level lock fml) So I ended up pet battling, leveling proffs and enjoying soloing anything for mini pets >:D Though mini pet wise I noticed some that I had collected were grayed out for me ... Don't really know what to think about that D: