Latest hotfixes finally make MM competitive

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Latest hotfixes finally make MM competitive

Unread post by Danielfboone »

They have increased the damage of Chimera Shot by 50% and of Explosive Shot by 10%.

I just ran the numbers through femaledwarf and these are my results with my gear and full raid buffs:

SV-- 146343 (Fervor & AMOC) 147435 (Dire Beast & AMoC)
BM-- 143770 (Dire Beast & Blink Strikes) 144758 (Dire Beast & AMoC)
MM-- 143376 (Dire Beast & AMoC)

The closest numbers in a long time, maybe ever. It looks like now you can just play the spec you do the best in.
Vlentana
Realm: The Scryers

Re: Latest hotfixes finally make MM competitive

Unread post by Vlentana »

I'm not desputing your numbers, but doesn't MM rely on alot of RNG for the procs? Or is it no different than Survival in that department. I remember alot of debating and not so much hating, but dispute that MM is just to heavily reliant on RNG for it's procs.

I'd really like to know this because I did use to really like MM for BG's and raids
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vlentana wrote:I'm not desputing your numbers, but doesn't MM rely on alot of RNG for the procs? Or is it no different than Survival in that department. I remember alot of debating and not so much hating, but dispute that MM is just to heavily reliant on RNG for it's procs.

I'd really like to know this because I did use to really like MM for BG's and raids
You'd be correct. The numbers he displays are on the 'perfect' fight(which there never is any) and that's if the procs go off at the right times. SV has some procs it needs to rely on. BM doesn't have that many procs, thus it's usually ahead of SV until you get into heroic tier raiding.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Junrei wrote:
Vlentana wrote:I'm not desputing your numbers, but doesn't MM rely on alot of RNG for the procs? Or is it no different than Survival in that department. I remember alot of debating and not so much hating, but dispute that MM is just to heavily reliant on RNG for it's procs.

You'd be correct. The numbers he displays are on the 'perfect' fight(which there never is any) and that's if the procs go off at the right times. SV has some procs it needs to rely on. BM doesn't have that many procs, thus it's usually ahead of SV until you get into heroic tier raiding.
Yes that's true that the numbers are for a perfect encounter where every cooldown ability goes off at the right time and all procs are averaged out. They are a good reference point but not necessarily indicative of how each individual player will do. In my experience, if you can consistently achieve 75-80% of the femaledwarf numbers in a real encounter, you're doing okay. That's why I said that the spec you can play the best is now the one to use. I have problems keeping up with cooldowns myself so BM is the best for me with Blink Strikes talented. The more automation, the better for my abilities.

The numbers just show that MM is no longer badly behind in the PvE/Raiding picture like it pretty much has been for all of MoP.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Danielfboone wrote:
Junrei wrote:

Yes that's true that the numbers are for a perfect encounter where every cooldown ability goes off at the right time and all procs are averaged out. They are a good reference point but not necessarily indicative of how each individual player will do. In my experience, if you can consistently achieve 75-80% of the femaledwarf numbers in a real encounter, you're doing okay. That's why I said that the spec you can play the best is now the one to use. I have problems keeping up with cooldowns myself so BM is the best for me with Blink Strikes talented. The more automation, the better for my abilities.

The numbers just show that MM is no longer badly behind in the PvE/Raiding picture like it pretty much has been for all of MoP.
Yup. Tis why I was clarifying. It's great to see MM not being a two legged dog on a treadmill.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine