Level Boost to 90 priced at $60

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Level Boost to 90 priced at $60

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Seems a few people managed to grab a screenshot of how much it's going to cost for a lvl 90 boost.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/377 ... iced-at-60
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Level Boost to 90 priced at $60

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Well that's outside my price range. I've already decided on who will be getting the free boost, but I have another hunter on a different server that I've been leveling and would consider paying for a boost if it were ~$20, maaaybe $25. At this price point it doesn't look like they are trying to encourage buyers.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Well its good that it's high, discourages people abusing it for mass toon leveling.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I've heard a lot of to a fro on this, most arguments pretty solid on both sides when you look at some of the logictics

Personally I can afford it, but I think it's a little too much for me at this point in time for what I'm getting, hell, we already get one free one later on as it is. If there comes a time that I really feel I need another toon in a hurry, well maybe I'd consider it then, but I'm ok for now.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm happy the price is high. It discourges mass buying of 90s. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I think that sounds fair, esp if you go from lvl 1-90. Maybe 85-90 I wouldn't consider it since it takes me a weekend of play to get there if I'm really determined. Is this available before WoD? I haven't logged in sicne the patch. I may pay to lvl a gnome just because I don't have one and really the 1-90 grind would bore me too much at this point.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think that's a decent price to have it at, all things considered. As others have said, it's high enough that it won't just mean a sudden influx of players mass-boosting their characters.

Though I wasn't originally happy with the idea of bringing in pay-to-level, I think I'm more comfortable with it after some consideration. Leveling on its own doesn't exactly require skill, just time, and with the experience bonuses already available these days it doesn't even take that long if you dedicate yourself. Anyone can hit 90 with a bit of patience. If people choose to skip the content it could be because they've already played through it dozens of times on multiple max-level characters, so it's just removing some tedium.

I guess there's the worry of all these people not knowing how to play a class they didn't level on their own, but I mean...go into LFR, we already have people that don't seem to know how to play their classes. Whether or not someone's a good player won't be affected by a character boost.

In the end I'm pretty okay with the whole thing I think, though I'm not yet sure if I'll pay for another one myself. I still can't even decide who to use my free boost on.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I won't be purchasing any boosts, but I am fine with the cost. Seems fair enough to me.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I agree... both that it's currently too much for my rather flat wallet, but that the price point is good. Basically... I think they're trying to avoid people buying multiple copies of MoP->getting their free 90 boost->transferring characters to their main account->letting unwanted account lapse. So the price point has to be approximate to that process. For all that they make side change with the mounts and realm changes and such, Blizzard's meat and bread is and has always been the constant tick of subscription fees. Dead subscriptions earn them no dough and may even skew their quarterly numbers because they look like 'abandoned/lost players' when in fact, it's just a spur account someone made to get, in this case, a free alt.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I wasn't going to use more boosts than the free WoD one, so /care.
Although it does seem to expensive. For 60$ (and I guess 50-55eur) you can buy a whole new game. I agree that 20-25, maybe even 30$ would be a lot more in order.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Hmm that is allot but I wont lie, if they offer this before the expansion I will pay it. I have been busting my butt to get higher levels and I got extremely discouraged when all of you were getting your awesome pets in CATA while I was still struggling. I gave up and I was really upset when MoP introduced the Direhorns as high level pets. So don't think less of me guys but I will be doing this ASAP lol
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Since it was taken down, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back up at a lower price. I wouldn't be surprised if it stays at $60 either.
Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

I probably won't use more than just the free one, but I think the price is more than fair. If it is any lower than $50, I honestly feel people will abuse the option.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Agreed, Kasstra

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

I have to agree with the general consensus that the price is high enough to discourage large-scale exploitation of the feature, which seems to be the principle concern many people have with the idea. And as Nachtwulf said, people were going to pay for boosts anyway, by setting up other accounts and transferring the free level 90 off it, they've just made the process simpler for anyone who wants to do it.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

LOL I had to make this
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I'm not so sure about that, Redith :P

With the last of my alts that I've got to 90 - ele shammy - I came into realisation, that she could have gotten there simply by following the tank and spamming 1 button (chain lightning). That she ever used other skills was because of
a) she didn't get chain lightning yet
b) after getting chain lightning - it was my willing to play "properly" and learn something on my way. Oh, and don't fall down out of boredom of a 1-key rotation.

Right now lvl90 gameplay is very different even from lvl85 gameplay (skills from lvl87 and lvl90 talents, both of those are very important for most classes), not mentioning all the lower lvls, especially as many classes get their signature/key-to-their-rotation skills only at higher lvls. When you get to lvl90, you have to l2p properly anyway.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

LOL ya, well I won't lie. I know I got to my level by managing my pet and shooting the same 3 arrows, and spamming BW lol
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

So I just realized this will also put account sellers out of business. Why pay 100+ bucks for a level 90 account that carries some risk when you can just pay 60 and voilà instant 90
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

That's probably part of the plan, yeah.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket