GNOME HUNTERS!?!?!?

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: GNOME HUNTERS!?!?!?

Unread post by Krysteena »

pop wrote:
Kayro wrote:I guess the reason they haven't added Gnome hunters is because it just doesn't seem right. Then again, there are a few race/class combos that don't seem right. I reckon it'll happen, but maybe it's the resizing that's problem? One of my hunters bow is larger than a Gnome and I doubt anyone would take a Gnome with a devilsaur the size of a small raptor serious. Or you'd get the option of a Gnome using a devilsaur as a mount. That'd be cool. And kinda scary...
However, if they did add Gnome hunters, personally, I wouldn't play one. It just doesn't compute...perhaps it's their tendency to blow stuff up? Or those creepy goggles they tend to wear :/
I think Gnomes can't be hunters as the hunter is one of the Horde's iconic classes which also include Shamans and Warlocks. Horde have more race/class combos for Shamans, Warlocks and Gnomes as opposed to Alliance have more race/class combo for Paladins, Mages and Priests. All of the other classes are distributed evenly for both factions.
Yes. The Horde and Alliance need differences, aside from the obvious. I never thought of it in that way, with the Horde and Alliance having more iconic classes. However, this might be the reason Blizzard won't implement them. It'll blur the class lines between the two factions. Not that much, but enough to be noticed. However, if the Gnomes did become hunters, they could have a special ability where they hop on their pet instead of a mount. However, some pets *glances at Terropene* will be less that pleasant to ride.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Kayro wrote:
pop wrote:
Kayro wrote:I guess the reason they haven't added Gnome hunters is because it just doesn't seem right. Then again, there are a few race/class combos that don't seem right. I reckon it'll happen, but maybe it's the resizing that's problem? One of my hunters bow is larger than a Gnome and I doubt anyone would take a Gnome with a devilsaur the size of a small raptor serious. Or you'd get the option of a Gnome using a devilsaur as a mount. That'd be cool. And kinda scary...
However, if they did add Gnome hunters, personally, I wouldn't play one. It just doesn't compute...perhaps it's their tendency to blow stuff up? Or those creepy goggles they tend to wear :/
I think Gnomes can't be hunters as the hunter is one of the Horde's iconic classes which also include Shamans and Warlocks. Horde have more race/class combos for Shamans, Warlocks and Gnomes as opposed to Alliance have more race/class combo for Paladins, Mages and Priests. All of the other classes are distributed evenly for both factions.
Yes. The Horde and Alliance need differences, aside from the obvious. I never thought of it in that way, with the Horde and Alliance having more iconic classes. However, this might be the reason Blizzard won't implement them. It'll blur the class lines between the two factions. Not that much, but enough to be noticed. However, if the Gnomes did become hunters, they could have a special ability where they hop on their pet instead of a mount. However, some pets *glances at Terropene* will be less that pleasant to ride.
Dont get me wrong, Inwould looove to play a gnome hunter be ause they would be awesome in pvp but I doubt Blizzard would make it playable atm.

Having said, I think Pandaren shoulnt had bern able to be played as either Mage or Shaman. One of the reason they break away from the rest of Azeroth is because they shun Night Elf's obssesion with Arcane Magic and Shaman is an iconic Horde class, so I don't like the idea of it is playable by a neutral race. As a compensation, there should be a neutral playable race that can be Paladin *cough*etherealarrakoacentaur*cough
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

pop wrote:Having said, I think Pandaren shoulnt had bern able to be played as either Mage or Shaman. One of the reason they break away from the rest of Azeroth is because they shun Night Elf's obssesion with Arcane Magic and Shaman is an iconic Horde class, so I don't like the idea of it is playable by a neutral race. As a compensation, there should be a neutral playable race that can be Paladin *cough*etherealarrakoacentaur*cough
But the same could be said for a few other race /classes that seemingly shouldn't have been mixed either. I.e. Undead priests, worgen death knights.
In lore the Gilneas worgen would would have been turned LONG before encountering the scourge. And as such could not be turned to death knights. Also in lore archmage Arugal was said to summon worgen that allied with the scourge but the were never turned either. Yet they're playable DK's.

Blizzard threw lore out the window long long ago when making race /classes playable. So that cannot be used as to why gnomes shouldn't be made hunters.

Goblins are extremely close in size to gnomes. Especially the females so you cannot state that reasoning either. Everything seems to scale just fine to them so why not a gnome.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Dont get me wrong, Inwould looove to play a gnome hunter be ause they would be awesome in pvp but I doubt Blizzard would make it playable atm.

Having said, I think Pandaren shoulnt had bern able to be played as either Mage or Shaman. One of the reason they break away from the rest of Azeroth is because they shun Night Elf's obssesion with Arcane Magic and Shaman is an iconic Horde class, so I don't like the idea of it is playable by a neutral race. As a compensation, there should be a neutral playable race that can be Paladin *cough*etherealarrakoacentaur*cough[/quote]
Now there's an idea. If I could play an arrakoa or an ethereal and be neutral. I'd run with the cats of the NE's (simply because they're awesome lil kitties) and hunt with the trolls and (taking into account a personal joke and hatred for Anduin) I'd throw Anduin to the frogs on timeless isle :D
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

zedxrgal wrote: But the same could be said for a few other race /classes that seemingly shouldn't have been mixed either. I.e. Undead priests, worgen death knights.
In lore the Gilneas worgen would would have been turned LONG before encountering the scourge. And as such could not be turned to death knights. Also in lore archmage Arugal was said to summon worgen that allied with the scourge but the were never turned either. Yet they're playable DK's.

Blizzard threw lore out the window long long ago when making race /classes playable. So that cannot be used as to why gnomes shouldn't be made hunters.

Goblins are extremely close in size to gnomes. Especially the females so you cannot state that reasoning either. Everything seems to scale just fine to them so why not a gnome.
Just to nitpick lore: not all Worgen around SFK were 'summoned'. There were worgen in a kirin tor village that were human during the day and worgen at night.

But your point stands, there's enough retcon room in the lore for gnomish hunters. You could have villages of emancipated voodoo slave gnomes out in the swamps that have traditional 'in the wilds' type hunters. You can have 'advanced scout' type gnomish hunters, like Toshley.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Niabi wrote: It's something I've contemplated for quite some time. Just the notion of Gnomes that could "engineer" their own pets gets me ubber excited/inspired/giddy!!! It makes sense since so many arguments have been made that Gnomes make for a better appetizer than beastmaster. If they can't have real pets than gosh darn it, they can build 'em!

Of course, I am approaching this from a role-playing perspective. When I say "engineer" I don't actually mean it as "building pets". I'd just like to see tamable robotic/cyborg looking beasts added to the game ~ kinda like what we have already with some of our battle pet models.
Why not "building pets"? That would be something good to give Engineer's (still never really able to make any gold off that profession) could make BOE Hunter-pets. You would think a Gnome would be able to create a pet that would fight for them.

Or maybe make some sort of Glyph - Minor Glyph of Gnomish Ingenuity - you're summoned pet now has a mechanical appearance/sound.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

That's the idea!
Technically speaking - engis would make items ("a bundle of parts"), that on use ("assemble") would summon a "mechanical" pet for a hunter to tame. The "bundle of parts" could even be engi-only for use, so you'd have to find an engineer friend to assemble a pet for you. Another option - the "bundle" can be used by anyone, and on summon the pet is agroed and taged to the summoner. The tame could require an additional skill (like direhorns do) that could be a racial for gnomes and goblins, or could come with a gnome/goblin related questchain (something along the lines of "there's soul in the machine!" discovery :P ).
The "soulful" mecha-beasts could also be rare spawns among normal mechanical mobs, like in that cave in Loch Modan, full of mechastriders-gone-bad.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Since this isn't related to anything that is likely to appear in WoD I'm moving it to the general hunter forum.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Royi wrote:
Niabi wrote: It's something I've contemplated for quite some time. Just the notion of Gnomes that could "engineer" their own pets gets me ubber excited/inspired/giddy!!! It makes sense since so many arguments have been made that Gnomes make for a better appetizer than beastmaster. If they can't have real pets than gosh darn it, they can build 'em!

Of course, I am approaching this from a role-playing perspective. When I say "engineer" I don't actually mean it as "building pets". I'd just like to see tamable robotic/cyborg looking beasts added to the game ~ kinda like what we have already with some of our battle pet models.
Why not "building pets"? That would be something good to give Engineer's (still never really able to make any gold off that profession) could make BOE Hunter-pets. You would think a Gnome would be able to create a pet that would fight for them.

Or maybe make some sort of Glyph - Minor Glyph of Gnomish Ingenuity - you're summoned pet now has a mechanical appearance/sound.
Building pets through the engineering profession seems like a cool idea but it would force hunters to take up a profession they may not want to level. Especially for anyone who may have already committed to or maxed out other professions.

Originally that was the idea I was going with, with gnomes being able to engineer pets for themselves. After some careful consideration though, I felt that having these beasts available to roam around and tame would be way more practical.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Wain wrote:Since this isn't related to anything that is likely to appear in WoD I'm moving it to the general hunter forum.
so you're tell me there is no chance :( :( :(
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Wain wrote:Since this isn't related to anything that is likely to appear in WoD I'm moving it to the general hunter forum.

NAYSAYER!