Talk me out of it lol

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Talk me out of it lol

Unread post by Redith »

So I still have my free boost because I bought a boost for Radith my new main hunter because I thought the physical disk expansion would come with a boost code. It won't until the release. So I bought the expansion online and now have the free boost. Well my friend is on another server and wants me to transfer a toon over and play. Well I got the boost so I will just do that. ....Talk me out of another hunter lol. Seriously I want to play something else, but I got this awesome idea for a Dranai hunter who uses only things caught on Drainor and since Garrosh wants to take over he has an invested interest in the situation and GAH STOP IT!
Play some other class damnit lol......hunters my friend STOP lol
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Talk me out of it lol

Unread post by ashdawn »

How about a mage? They're super fun gameplay wise :P You could go warrior too they're fun and it also fits in with the next expac theme
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Shaman, play a shaman!!!! Still a mail wearer, so not to squishy, they have lots of fun abilities, and can summon elemental's. And heals, they can heals while questing :P

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm not going to be helpful here; the first character I roll on a new server is always hunter. The important thing is getting to play with your friend, and a class that you're familiar with and excited about seems like a good thing to me. But if you have your heart set on doing something different, you could see what classes would be useful to your friend or your friend's guild.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

ashdawn wrote:You could go warrior too they're fun and it also fits in with the next expac theme
I must be an idiot..but how do you figure?
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Redith wrote:
ashdawn wrote:You could go warrior too they're fun and it also fits in with the next expac theme
Well if you're asking about the expac theme then its because the orcs are a race with hunters, shamans, warriors and stuff, probably wouldent be as good on a draenei but still

if its about how warriors are fun, I like their in your face play style and its personal preference :)
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

ashdawn wrote:
Redith wrote:
Well if you're asking about the expac theme then its because the orcs are a race with hunters, shamans, warriors and stuff, probably wouldent be as good on a draenei but still

if its about how warriors are fun, I like their in your face play style and its personal preference :)
Oh. Should probably have told you he only plays alliance now. He said he got sick of the horde and how it is written now. He says we went from underdogs to strait aggressors
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Then I would recommend shaman, also RIP Quote pyramid :P
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Are there any class-restricted questlines you wanted to experience? For example, the ICC legendary chain, which gives loads of toys and a mount at the end! Or the legendary staff quest chain in Firelands that allows you to turn into a dragon.

If so, consider boosting a toon that would allow you to do one of those chains, since hunters can't. I'm currently doing the ICC one on a DK and it's not very hard at all with a little help from friends :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I've played every caster/range class in the game.

Balance Druid-interesting so far, but I've stalled at about 70-ish range as she feels ineffective right now and boring. I'm so used to being at the top of the DPS meters she is not appealing right now. Nice to have the healing, the flight forms and the back up tanking ability, but I personally think the class suffers from trying to be so many things, its not really excellent at anything.

Warlocks-super, super fun and a easy transition from the hunter class, biggest difference is having so much of the damage done by DoTs. Makes a good middle ground class to try if going from hunters to other caster types, as they have a more caster rotation with the mana management, but they also still use pets. Leveled one to 90 demonology, now leveling another in destructo.

Mage-can be very powerful but also super squishy. I had a love/hate relationship with my mage the entire time I was leveling her. She was great in instances but soloing things was nightmarish. Right now, I think they are my least favorite. Leveled my first to 90 as fire, toying with leveling a frost.

Shadow Priest-very, very fun. Does not always hit that high on the DPS meters, but having that back healing ability is a comfort. Squishy on the Timeless Isle in Timless Isle gear, so soloing things is pretty hard on her as she stands now (but I'm rusty in her rotation so it could be that too). Only leveled one to 90, but may make another on the horde side eventually.

Elemental Shaman-all time favorite after the hunter. I love the wolf form, it is the best mode of transportation I think of all the classes above, more versatile and with water walking is wonderful for chasing things, escaping things, quick travel in instances, as it can be indoors and outdoors etc. My ele sham is a DPS queen if the tank pulls large groups, sit back and spam chain lightning and watch the numbers fly, muwahahahaa. Also has that wonderful survivability with back up healing. If you've never given them a try, I highly suggest leveling one. I was a hard core hunter back in Cata-I've got more hunters then I can count in the 75-85 range, but I was talked into trying a shammy and have not regretted it at all. My main shammy is tied with my main hunter in terms of how much I play them and how much I enjoy their abilities. Leveled two elemental shammies to 90, and a friend who prefers close combat has made her enhancement shammy her main after playing all of the melee types that she could.