Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Tårnfalks name taken on new realm.. need suggestions/help

Unread post by Ana »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SUUUXKS that i cant be Tårnfalk on the new realm poop

I could be Tårnfálk probaly.. havent tested it yet.. but it just seams.. wrong.. and what if thats also is taken?

I been Tårnfalk for AGES.. before that i was Tivoli.. which is also taken.. Again i can do the accent cheating but im not sure Tårnfalk feels like Tivoli.. does that make any sence?

Totally blank on what my new self shall be :( :cry: :cry: :cry: .. the other characters doenst matter since Tårnfalk always have been.. me.. :cry:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Tårnfalks name taken on new realm.. need suggestions/hel

Unread post by Krysteena »

Do you reckon someone saw your name, liked it so much that they nabbed it on a different realm?

For names, I'd accent cheat if I was you. Tårñfalk? Tårnfålk? (Double dot thingy yo) Tárnfalk? Taarnfalk? Tåårnfalk?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

not sure.. its a pretty common danish name.. accent im not to sure off

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Have you tried getting in contact with a GM about it? If the other Tårnfalk hasn't logged online in a while, a GM may be able to reset the name and allow you to grab it for yourself. I've had to do this a couple of times with my huntress in the past, it may not always work but it's a shot.
Otherwise, does your character have a last name? Or a nickname or something else you can go by?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Well yeah Tårnfalk has a surname in my head.. but it would never work as her first name.. not to me. Only nickname i ever been called on Tårnfalk is Tårn by you guys :D and while its cute it simply doenst mean the same. Tårnfalk is a kestrel a small hunting bird with stunning colors while Tårn simply means tower ;)

My husband calls me smurf because im short and once i had an all blue dress... but heh that applys more to a gnome than to a hunter.

Man im torn about this.. Been thinking about it all night.. what should be my new self..

Tried contacting a gm.. but im afraid they to busy cocking up the expansion release...

some names i thought of but doesnt seam right Simbelmynë, Thilia (to glisten in Sindarin), Tinna ( to glint ; sindarin), Tinnu ( dusk, twilight, early night or starry twilight; sindarin),

i love sindarin names and i would like to keep her first letter T but not sure any of the above will work...

and i got NO clue what Kestrel is in Sindarin.. havent gotten that far in my " speak Sindarin" course

if any of you know who plays/have a char named Tårnfalk on Azol-Nerub let me know :)

in the mean time i will think about to see if there is any other Danish/Sindarin/other word i would connect with this hunter

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

i go with an accent for now.. until i settle down on a new name.. need some more time to think but also need to play with husband so yeah accent for now until a new name comes along in my head

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Not sure if you'd consider it, but have you thought about using the Swedish spelling - Tornfalk?
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

You can also open a ticket asking if the name can be released? if the person hasn't been on in a while it's very very possible they may do it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh i did consider the Swedish spelling Anyia.. but it just did not seam the same to me. I stay with the accent til i find myself a new me :D.. :D And Tank good suggestion :D my ticket been open since i made this post... no responce :P

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I really wish the armory was more accurate. I lost a couple of names even though the armory thought they were free.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Tårnfalk wrote:Uhh i did consider the Swedish spelling Anyia.. but it just did not seam the same to me. I stay with the accent til i find myself a new me :D.. :D And Tank good suggestion :D my ticket been open since i made this post... no responce :P

Yeah it may take a while as it's a low priority for blizz, which I don't know why your name would be a low priority. But yeah I did that myself for Nesingwary to grab up a name of a toon I was moving over.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

and since i went with the accent they probably charge me for a name change too