Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't think we need it back asap.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Possibly No Flying in WoD

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Blizzard has also said, in much stronger terms, that they regretted adding Arenas to the game. I don't see them going anywhere.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

They will add flying back in a later patch. It's just a mater of time. People will just have to wait that's all and we all know how much gamers like to wait for anything XD
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Rhyela wrote:Also, in Aion, it wasn't quite the same as in WoW. I never made it far enough to get the zones where you fly all the time, but in the zones where that wasn't the case.....well, frankly the gliding aspect sucked unless you were gliding downhill, and you had a timer on your flying. If you did choose to fly up in the sky, you had a limited amount of time. Take too long, and your flying expires aaaaand SPLAT. Also, that game was specifically advertised from the beginning as an MMO with flying. WoW wasn't, it was added in later, so I don't feel like it's fair to compare the two because they are different.
I think you may have misunderstood what I wrote. I wasn't "comparing" WoW and AION, I was merely correcting a comment that had been made a couple of times in this thread that WoW was the only MMO that had flying.

Once you get above a certain level in AION, by the way, gliding becomes pretty awesome. I wish they'd add something similar in WoW, but it wouldn't really fit Warcraft. In AION, it's part and parcel of who your character is to have wings. I liked that aspect... otherwise, I loathed the game for multiple reasons.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Daniel, that's really a matter of opinion, not fact. I enjoy the scenery even after I've seen it all as does my fiance and my guildies(save for one that like to bitch and whine constantly about not being able to fly). So it's not moot to me or those that do enjoy it. I don't agree we need it back ASAP. It was never ever presented as a flying expact. Anzu was a critical part of the Spires of Arak if you quested through the whole zone and people loved the Arrakoa, thus why we got something that dealt with them. The mount isn't a pure flier either. It can walk on the ground. If it was a pure flier, I'd agree that it was false advertising(somewhat since it was never ever advertised as a flying expansion).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:Daniel, that's really a matter of opinion, not fact. I enjoy the scenery even after I've seen it all as does my fiance and my guildies(save for one that like to bitch and whine constantly about not being able to fly). So it's not moot to me or those that do enjoy it. I don't agree we need it back ASAP. It was never ever presented as a flying expact. Anzu was a critical part of the Spires of Arak if you quested through the whole zone and people loved the Arrakoa, thus why we got something that dealt with them. The mount isn't a pure flier either. It can walk on the ground. If it was a pure flier, I'd agree that it was false advertising(somewhat since it was never ever advertised as a flying expansion).
^This. And the game wasn't avertised as having flying either as they said from the get go you'd be grounded for awhile. I think people need to chill out. If at 100 you can't do anything without flying I suggest you lvl an alt until the patch or take a break from the game. If you've said your piece on the forums and given feedback then thats all you can do really. As I said earlier I'm pretty happy with being grounded awhile yet - yes I'd eventually like to use my flying mounts again but I see no hurry.

Also perhaps tanaan jungle might have something to do with it?? I know it has invisible walls but imagine how boring a new zone will be if you could just fly in and see it all?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

hey! not flying just made my first tame of a perfectly normal, non-rare, non-special pet a "challenge tame".
On my level 90 Hunter, I had to trek on foot all the way across from Frostfire Ridge to Shadowmoon Valley, through Alliance-heavy areas, lots of PvP NPCs and LOTS of level 99-100 mobs and swarms of level 95. It was exciting! It was a challenge, and I wouldn't have had as much fun had I flown there.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Sorry Suku! I didn't read your post correctly, then. My apologies! :)

I think that's great that you went through all that and got a neat pet. That's one of my fondest (and perhaps also most irritating) memories of old WoW - stripping down to your smallclothes and trekking across continents to get a pet that isn't in your faction's starting zones. And dying every 10 steps. Heh. Good times. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rhyela wrote:Sorry Suku! I didn't read your post correctly, then. My apologies! :)

I think that's great that you went through all that and got a neat pet. That's one of my fondest (and perhaps also most irritating) memories of old WoW - stripping down to your smallclothes and trekking across continents to get a pet that isn't in your faction's starting zones. And dying every 10 steps. Heh. Good times. :D
I remember being on my level 22 B.Elf Hunter and trying to get to the Draenei starter area to tame a Ravager... at that time, the only low-level ravagers were from Bloodmyst Isle (hope I got that name right). If not, you had to wait to make it to Outland. I remember getting lots of comments from other low-level hunters asking how the heck I got a Ravager pet :D

Yep, fond memories of WoW in the early years.

Well, I STILL am making new "fond memories", every day.

"Step on no pets!"

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I got to use my flying mount today going to a couple battle pet tamers, and to and from SW and Darkmoon Island.. When I was done the island.. I can honestly say, I didn't want to go back to my garrison.. I wanted to use my flying mounts to fly.. but was stuck in content.. Call me a "Pro Flyer" or whatever, I just really LOVE to fly. The game looks so much different from the air. Jade Forest is AMAZING from the air.. It's not even close to the same on the ground. You can only see so much on the ground, because you have to focus on where you are going and you are at ground level. So your view is rather limited.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

Junrei wrote:Daniel, that's really a matter of opinion, not fact.
So when someone else states something, it's "opinion" but "fact" when you say it ? Interesting how that works. I did some googling myself. Seems there is some fact behind it after all.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/11/13/blizz ... a-mistake/

https://www.google.ca/search?q=they+reg ... o+the+game
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

AdamSavage wrote:
Junrei wrote:Daniel, that's really a matter of opinion, not fact.
So when someone else states something, it's "opinion" but "fact" when you say it ? Interesting how that works. I did some googling myself. Seems there is some fact behind it after all.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/11/13/blizz ... a-mistake/

https://www.google.ca/search?q=they+reg ... o+the+game
I'm pretty sure she was meaning the ASAP comment dude. Seeing as that's what she goes on to talk about.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Thank you cow. That was what I was talking about. :) As well as the 'moot point if you've seen it once' bit that was stated as a fact when it's an opinion. As for the rest of his comment, I'm not really sure what he's going on about at this point since I never spoke of arenas at any point. I think he's confusing my post with someone elses since my post was addressing what Daniel said.

LisaaraPokefarm

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Junrei wrote:Thank you cow. That was what I was talking about. :) As well as the 'moot point if you've seen it once' bit that was stated as a fact when it's an opinion. As for the rest of his comment, I'm not really sure what he's going on about at this point since I never spoke of arenas at any point. I think he's confusing my post with someone elses since my post was addressing what Daniel said.
No confusion. You said that Blizzard regretted adding flying so I pointed out that they had even more strongly regretted arenas but we don't see any talk of not having them in WoD.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well this topic is about flying, not arenas. If you'd like to make a different topic about arenas(which I never ever mentioned so again, there is definitely some confusion considering I wasn't even talking about that), feel free.

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

Junrei wrote:Well this topic is about flying, not arenas. If you'd like to make a different topic about arenas(which I never ever mentioned so again, there is definitely some confusion considering I wasn't even talking about that), feel free.
It wasn't directly about Arena. He was simply using purely it as an example. You stated they have said, they regretted bringing flying into the game. He then used the Arena as an example, to show they also said they regret having that in the game, yet it's still here. Still on topic. Just examples being used is all.

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Still I highly doubt they'd not put flying in a later date. Just be patient and if you really can't enjoy the game with out flying then maybe some time away from it would do ya some good. Because why play a game if it's not fun?

Because it's silly to play a game you don't enjoy.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Still not seeing how that corresponds to my post in reply to Daniel's since what I replied was about the 'scenery' but...eh. *shrug*

LisaaraPokefarm

Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

For me jumping puzzles are hard, as i can't see depth, so for me if flight will come back i will get those. Because most of the time if i try i end up getting realy annoyed and running off because i just can't do it.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Found this thread. It's from back in April, but this is also Blizz planning no flying for WoD at all. Whether they keep sticking to their guns or not, we'll see.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=5#82

LisaaraPokefarm