Heroics in WoD

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Heroics in WoD

Unread post by Ana »

I just tried this with my healer.... man its crazy... i feel stressed and ive dropped out of doing them (for now anyway). Ive been in a few with Tårnfalk.. but tbh i rather craft/quest my item lvl up.

Dungeon crawling is defo not good in WoD if you ask me..

Any of you feel that way?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Heroics in WoD

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I did a few just to get my ilvl up to do LFR. LFR is crazy easy. I did not enjoy the heroics I did.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yeah i enjoyed LFR but NOT heroics :(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

My husband loves running dungeons, so I end up going with him via LFG, but for some reason we haven't really done many of the heroics this xpac. We both geared up with LFR, Apexis dailies and Garrison Mission rewards, so now we're at ilvls beyond heroics, but we do still need our Cores from them for the Legendary quests. Just haven't gotten around to them I guess.

From the few heroics we have run; I've enjoyed them. It depends on what group we get placed with, really. We've had great runs and we've had not so great runs. My hubby plays a Resto Shammy (he loves healing) and there have been moments where he seems really stressed out, but I think he thrives on it.

Right now I just wish there was more reason to run them other than the fact that we haven't done them all yet. I'd love it if the last boss dropped Savage Blood or Apexis Crystals or something!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I dont mind running em but...damn the trash is harder than the bosses.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

i think i will choose to gear up by garrison missions, crafting and quest. I really dont enjoy the heroics at all. Anadra (my healer) got an inn in her garrison.. which i might replace because well im not going to do the HC quest anyway.. until they raize the lvl to 300 and i can solo those we have now...

i actually dont mind the trash.. the bosses are a pain.. specailly UBRS... UGHN :(.. oh and Skyreach :( and Grimrail..

Oki i dislike them all :P

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

They are boring, and I don't like doing them.
This is the first time I've actually disliked heroics.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

A friend who plays a healing shaman commented that Heroics really aren't all that bad if people don't do stupid things. I think MoP was a lot less punishing when DPS and tanks made mistakes, so healers had things a bit easier.

Personally, the one heroic I absolutely abhor is Grimrail Depot. The cramped rooms on the train are especially bad for Tauren and so many dps seem to just assume someone else is going to pick up shrapnel and mortar shells on the fight with the guy in the autocannon. It's bad enough pugging that as dps. I hate to think what it's like for healers.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I love running dungeons, often leveling toons just by dungeon running...but this expansion, I find that I really don't enjoy going into dungeon's. About the only dungeon I do like is the plant one. It's visually pleasing and the mechanics are fun. That one aside though, I find the dungeon's are just to cramped, cluttered and the trash is FAR more annoying then it should be.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I'd hate to be the one to say this, but they really aren't that bad. if you're still low on gear, let everyone know. Use CC, pull smart, practice good kill priorities, and don't be afraid to use your CD's on trash if things get hairy.

Honestly, gear will fix it. Get a few item levels under your belt and you'll be fine.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Gear definitely fixes it. Doesn't help a lot of people are just....dumb.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

They'll get super easy when more raids comes out. They are always hard at the start of a expack and by the end they are cake.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Boven wrote: Personally, the one heroic I absolutely abhor is Grimrail Depot. The cramped rooms on the train are especially bad for Tauren and so many dps seem to just assume someone else is going to pick up shrapnel and mortar shells on the fight with the guy in the autocannon. It's bad enough pugging that as dps. I hate to think what it's like for healers.
Argh yeah... Grimrail is really stressful! I can never tell how close the next mob pack is so I get really careful and timid about aoe (no multishot and DEFINITELY no barrage!). I hate not being able to see what's going on. And I play a little belf dude, I can only imagine what it's like for Tauren.

That second boss is a giant pain. No one ever seems to help with the turret shells. I'm glad to hear he got his butt nerfed.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I didn't find the Heroic Dungeons to be very much harder than the regular ones. Some of them I did on Heroic without ever doing the regular version. I never really had any difficulties with my NE Hunter. That's probably why I find LFR to be far too easy. I just wish I could get my Undead 'Lock into those Heroics but he can't complete Silver Proving Grounds. Those healers mess me up every time. He has finished LFR though.

I never do dungeons while leveling.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

As much as I enjoy raiding, I dislike dungeons, even with a guild group. I only did the ones I had to to get the ring quest done.

My overall assessment (and most people seem to agree) is that this round of dungeons is harder than the MoP dungeons (which could easily be soloed mid xpac) but easier than Cata dungeons (which were so overtuned that the minimum ilvl requirements were honestly too low). There are a lot of mechanics this time around, so if a group handles them well it isn't bad at all, but if everyone stands in fire it's very very painful.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

i did all the lfr onces and have geer lvl enough to be rdy for the one they release in feb.. i still struggle both as dps and healer in there..
Maybe its the casual player in me but i dont like that i have to over think it to be able to survivle :P

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Boven wrote:
Personally, the one heroic I absolutely abhor is Grimrail Depot. The cramped rooms on the train are especially bad for Tauren and so many dps seem to just assume someone else is going to pick up shrapnel and mortar shells on the fight with the guy in the autocannon. It's bad enough pugging that as dps. I hate to think what it's like for healers.

Ugh.. especially as a hunter this is hands down the new deadmines HC for me lots of LoS small rooms wonky cameras dense mob packs >_>.

I miss the old UBRS a lot I did the new version but it misses "Soul" sorta speak.

Only one I do enjoy is sky reach and Everbloom but then again I have always been fun of high heights and forest like environments :P
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Grimrail and UBRS are the ones I don't like much. The rest are fine. I like Skyreach cause of Reshad and I love Iron Docks cause the banter between the two orcs is just hilarious.

"That's what I do Zoggosh. I think good."

LisaaraPokefarm

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Grimrail is the only one that I hate with a passion. As to why...

1) My computer is older so it is really common for the game to lag a bit while I play, I can compensate usually, but the biggest frustration is the fact that sometimes when I try to make a small turn left-like 15 degrees, my toons go a full 90 degrees and I am then stuck and running in the wrong direction. Not usually a huge thing, but then the cannon fight comes along...

2) The cannon guy. F that guy.
I cannot put into words how much I despise the mechanics of that fight. It is not that it is hard to understand what to do-but in the chaos of killing mobs, avoiding fire, avoiding pushback, trying not to turn off the danged train due to lag, trying to stay out of the fire, dealing with the camera repositioning oddly after getting into a cannon. Bah. I want to cry every time I have to go in there and drop it like it is poison the moment I get a random queue to it and don't have to be there.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

My panda is too big and I swear the rail stuff sends the camera right up her backside. :| Or she gets wedged into things. Or the box isn't big enough for cover...
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!