Races you play, want to play, wont play

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Races you play, want to play, wont play

Unread post by Redith »

So here is a fun little game. tell us the races you play, the ones you want to play, and the ones you will not at all play.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Races you play, want to play, wont play

Unread post by Vephriel »

Blood Elves and Forsaken are my children. ♥ They're hands down my favourite races and the ones I play and RP most (okay RP is almost exclusively Blood Elves).

I would kill to play Vrykul, Arakkoa, and Naga (or even Saurok). Even if the latter is unlikely I would still love them.

And I will never play a gnome and it agonizes me that I have to put up with them in my class now.
Last edited by Vephriel on Fri May 13, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Since I'm a role player, there is two races I absolutely LOVE to (role) play:
TAUREN and TROLLS!
Their racial lore is so cool and I really love 'em.

Aside from that, it really comes with my choice of class. For a paladin, I chose a dwarf. Playing a rogue was a hard decision between troll or forsaken but here the bones won the deal. I absolutely prefer Horde, no doubt.

But there is one race I'd never ever play under no circumstances: GNOMES!
I'm not really sure why but I just can't stand them.

Edit: Hahaha, Vephriel... :lol:
Maybe we should launch a "Roast all gnomes" campaign.
Me be hearin' dem gnomes be tasty, mon! ;)
Last edited by Karathyriel on Mon May 16, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

For me I play Humans and Blood elves..mostly blood elves

I wish I could play dwarves and orcs and night elves, but I just cant really. Something about the way the look and play just bug me

I will not play gnomes or trolls or female tauren.....I just no...will not and have no interest
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm a weirdo. I play every race. :oops: Every class. It was a challenge I set for myself long ago.

Most favorite race hands down are tauren. Followed by trolls.

Least favorite. Female worgen. After that it's kind of a tie between dwarves and blood elves.

As I said I play every race. But the races I care for the least or the female of said race I play very very little.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I play every race, but my favourites are Trolls and Dwarves, with Orcs coming up a very close third.

I'd most like to play Naga, Arakkoa and Vrykul in that order. Seems that Veph and I are on the same wavelength here.

My least favourite are Worgen (especially females) and Blood Elves (although I am very fond of my hunter). I used to hate Gnomes and Forsaken, but with the model updates I've changed my mind.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I play Worgen, Night Elf, Humans, Pandaren and Draenei mostly.

I'd love playable naga/saurok and arakkoa.

I do not play dwarves, forsaken, or tauren, they don't please me visually and I hate forsaken. Lol

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Races I play: Pretty much everything, though I admit I don't like the shorter races as much since I feel like I'm drowning every time I step into a puddle (questing in Wetlands on a gnome was ughhh!) Favorite race is probably tauren (specifically male) though, for the sheer size and comedy factor.

Race I want to play: 100% without a doubt, dryad - AHH THE GREAT OUTDOORS! It'll never happen since they have an extra set of legs (so how would you handle gear for them?)

Race I won't play: See above regarding short, drowning prone races... I guess I can also add orc to that, they've never been appealing to me for some reason.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Vephriel wrote: And I will never play a gnome and it agonizes me that I have to put up with them in my class now.
Sing it sister!

I play alot of races but Pandaren and Tauren's are my favourite.

I've always wanted to play more blood elves and dwarves but just never got to them much.

I have only one gnome and don't like them overall (and only because she resembles Chibi usa from sailor moon so I don't even think of here as a gnome :lol: )

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

peanutbuttercup wrote:...for the sheer size and comedy factor.
Maybe I missed something but... What's funny about Tauren?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

They are all cowmedians

Sorry ;-) :-D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

First character was Night Elf, so I guess I will count those as ones I will play. I'll play tauren, some times Worgern and some times Panda. Even a Space goat I will play. I MIGHT tough Goblin and troll.
I will not tough Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Orc or Blood elf though. Too boring IMO. I'm already a human IRL. I'm already short like a dwarf or gnome IRL. I don't like to make people unhappy by being mean like an Orc might. And I've always had a hatred for Blood Elves after my many RP experiences with them being quite annoying both IC and OOC.

Siggy under construction!

Dusk
Realm: Darkspear(EU), Aszune(EU)

Unread post by Dusk »

I can play as either a Worgen, Troll, Pandaren and possibly Tauren.

I don't like gnomes one bit, with them scuttling around like cockroaches, I can never keep a Draenei for more than a few minutes,orcs are too bulky, goblins too short and forsaken are just too rotten(literally)

I Actually think Gnolls, Drakonid, Arakkoa and Vrykul would be neat races to play, especially Drakonids.
I'm an "Artist" and is not the greatest one in the world

DA:
http://penguinking231.deviantart.com/#
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Bhando wrote:
peanutbuttercup wrote:...for the sheer size and comedy factor.
Maybe I missed something but... What's funny about Tauren?
For one, their new face models are pretty silly and derpy IMO. Two, Tauren toons seem to get the goofiest, punny-est character names imaginable. All the "Beef" this and "Steak" that... I'm always tickled by the names.

(Note: I'm not a roleplayer nor do I care about lore, so I'm going off the visuals and the general impression I get from players of said race.)
Tårnfalk wrote:They are all cowmedians

Sorry ;-) :-D
*ba dum tis!*
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh, okay...
As a role player I absolutely abhor these pun names and, luckily, on RP realms I never met to many of those.
And I do enjoy the tribal background loosely based on native american fluff.

But that's just two different points ov view, I guess... ;)
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

With all the stuff with the new movie coming out and the Hobbit series I want to enjoy playing a Orc or dwarf..just ...while the face models are improved...their build sucks lol
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I almost exclusively play Blood Elves.
I don't necessarily RP, but I feel like my characters are all unique and different (despite 10 of them being hunters).

I WISH I could enjoy playing a Worgen. The starter zone has got to be THE single most exciting and original starter zone in the entire WoW universe. unfortunately, you get out of that zone at level 11-12-ish, and are just tossed into a corner of Hipster Wood Elf land. The entirety of your reality, where you come from, everything you've gone through, is just basically erased and it's "start over as a regular boring Alliance dude/dudette".

The one race I absolutely refuse to play is Dwarf. I abhor Dwarves. I loathe them. Just seeing one is enough to make the hair on my neck stand up.

And after the Camp Taurajo Incident, I find it VERY difficult to even imagine playing a Human.

I WISH I could play one of those gorgeous cat people in Frostfire Ridge!!! now THAT is a race that would be exciting (visually) and a nice counterbalance to Worgen.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I play almost every race, exept for draenei females. Ew.
But my favorite race is orcs, closely followed by trolls.
I would love to be able to play ogres one day. That would be awesome. :D

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

I guess you can say I'm more than a little obsessed with blood elves. I'm also a fan of forsaken and female dwarves, because the world needs more curves! (Side note: I also like dressing my female forsaken and dwarves in skimpy outfits.)

In the want to play category, I'd love high elves for the Alliance and the nightborne they're introducing in Legion. Maybe dryads too, if we're continuing down the elfish route.

I won't play tauren because they feel like the run slowly. I know everyone technically runs at the same speed, but I feel like I'm just slugging through molasses. Also, the male tauren PCs aren't voiced by Michael Dorn, like a lot of the NPCs are. I'm not hugely fond of orcs (very orc'ed out after WoD) and gnomes are too small and obnoxiously perky.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Castile wrote:
Vephriel wrote: And I will never play a gnome and it agonizes me that I have to put up with them in my class now.
Sing it sister!
Amen!

I play female blood elves despite the god-awful voice. I've always enjoyed the story and lore behind the race as a whole. I also play worgen, pandaren, night elves, and goblins on occasion, and female draenei, too, even though I can not stand the short tails, ugh. Their voices and animations are just too cute.

I would sell my soul to play as an arakkoa and I would be happy with either high arakkoa or the Outcasts. I've always liked the arakkoa since Burning Crusade and during WoD I fell head over heels for them when I saw the full story behind them. They're one of my favorite races and Talon King Terokk is one of my absolute favorite characters ever.
I wish I could play dwarves, but every time I try to, I get bored and end up deleting the character. I also wish I could play tauren, but I always have the absolute worst luck running into creeps whenever I try to, and it's frustrating because I really like tauren. Since the model update, I'm sorely tempted to give trolls another try, especially if I try playing a druid again solely because of bat form.

I absolutely refuse to play gnomes. I can't stand them and seeing one makes me grit my teeth. I also despise female humans because they constantly look off to the side and this drives me absolutely bonkers urgh! I'm also not really a fan of the Forsaken even though their combat animations are awesome.