Curse addons to restore old nameplates?

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Curse addons to restore old nameplates?

Unread post by Chimera »

I really hate the new nameplate deal with enemies and such that made their health bars this tiny little thing I can hardly see, and it's really difficult to keep track of things now when I'm fighting cause it's not very clear for my vision; I've been relying on looking at said bars instead of the enemies portrait bars for years so it's not an easy habit to change from (plus it makes me more vulnerable to standing and ultimately dying in aoe if I'm not looking at the mob itself). Was hoping there was something floating around someone's made to counter this unnecessary visual change :F

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Curse addons to restore old nameplates?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've been using TidyPlates for years and while I can see how Blizzard was inspired by its style, the new bars really are skinny and hard to see, especially when you have packs of mobs. I heard that the TidyPlates addon creator is working on an update but that it might take some time. It's not the old nameplates but maybe they'd be a bit better than the current ones? I haven't seen any other nameplate addons yet though.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

There's actually an option under interface -> names that gives you larger nameplates.

Doesn't change the style back to the vanilla plates, sadly, but it does make it easier to see. So if the new default plates are too small for you & you don't find an addon to your liking, it might be worth trying out?

I also turned on Nameplates to always show. Otherwise half the time I don't even notice an enemy next to me until I'm right on top of them.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

@Veph, I'll take a look at TidyPlates and see if it's more appealing, ty!

@Lupen Omg I have no idea how I didn't notice it in Names @_@ The design remains a far and annoying cry from what it once was (not being able to see levels, the graphics are terribly drab, I can't judge how far an enemy is from me now when I want to land without aggroing it), but I can see the names and health much more clearly than before; ty!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh wow Lupen, somehow I'd missed the larger option too, thank you so much for pointing it out, it's definitely better.