Lions Rest

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Lions Rest

Unread post by Rhapture »

Before logging out tonight I noticed that they updated Lions Rest in Stormwind with the tomb for Varian. When I went over to see it I noticed the music was different as well. It's a beautifully composed piece and very fitting for the location. I will honestly admit I got emotional listening as it's been a while since music in WoW hit me in the feels like that. Anyway, it's worth checking out if you haven't.

Here's a link to it as well: https://youtu.be/ahix7xMQSSw

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Lions Rest

Unread post by Teigan »

It really is wonderful. I actually sat and listened to it for quite a while. The combination of the lament and the pipes and drums is heartbreakingly beautiful. The new music for this expansion is really remarkable.
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I just discovered that they play a different version for day and night at Lions Rest that cycle through other pieces as well. The full version of the bagpipe part I linked in my first post is my personal favorite though.

Day:
https://youtu.be/DPBm9nQ7o2E
Night:
https://youtu.be/THVYI-PyIag

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Thanks for linking those! I think I've probably heard the nighttime track more, as I usually play at odd hours. Each piece is really moving, but has a different feel to it. Dang, they hire good composers and artists! I have a feeling I'm going to loitering in certain places just for the music during Legion.

Is it just me, or does it have a sort of feel like different aspects of the Alliance culture are represented by the different ..styles?... I guess that all are based around the same sort of theme? There are rather night elf sounding parts, then of course the dwarves with the bagpipes....that sort of thing. Well, maybe the gnomes got left out :lol:

And I must add that I love bagpipes and this has got me on some kind of bagpipe music bender.
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Teigan wrote:Thanks for linking those! I think I've probably heard the nighttime track more, as I usually play at odd hours. Each piece is really moving, but has a different feel to it. Dang, they hire good composers and artists! I have a feeling I'm going to loitering in certain places just for the music during Legion.

Is it just me, or does it have a sort of feel like different aspects of the Alliance culture are represented by the different ..styles?... I guess that all are based around the same sort of theme? There are rather night elf sounding parts, then of course the dwarves with the bagpipes....that sort of thing. Well, maybe the gnomes got left out :lol:

And I must add that I love bagpipes and this has got me on some kind of bagpipe music bender.
I have been such a night hawk this past month I completely understand what you mean about hearing the nighttime music more and I agree about loitering around listening to music in Legion. The same youtube channel that has the Lions Rest music that I linked has also uploaded some Legion zone music too. I have been listening to some of it this evening and can already tell having the music volume turned up will be a big part of my leveling. Quite a bit of what I have heard has hints of early WoW zone music and really hits all the right nostalgic buttons for me.

I also noticed the Alliance culture being represented in the Lions Rest music too and so did some of the people in the comments of the video. My favorite comment was someone asking why the gnomes were not represented with a kazoo solo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I have yet to check it out on any of my Alliance characters. The music sounds wonderful.

I do wish they'd done something like that for Cairne, though. Vol'jin, too, but I always did love Cairne and losing him is still a bigger deal to me than Varian or Vol'jin.