Plans on Returning

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Plans on Returning

Unread post by Gimlion »

Hey guys! I've lurked and lurked for a long time since I quit WoW. I'm semi active in the Pokemon thread, but that's about it. Anywho, I've found my interest extremely piqued for Legion, and am planning on joining again once I get paid tomorrow.

All that said, I have a whole slew of questions to throw to any and all who may be willing to answer!

So here goes:
I have not played in almost 4 years. The last expac I played was Mists. What all game/expac-wise do I need to purchase to get into legion? Obviously game time and Legion itself, but do I need to purchase Warlords?

What sort of addons are still in use and helpful? do things like SilverDragon and RareFinder still exist/work? What bar mods do you believe are best? etc.

Is there any realm that a large amount of you, preferably US timezones, but not necessary, play? I'm a very social gamer, and one of the large causes for me quitting originally was the transfer of my guild out of my realm, leaving me high and dry. I don't have any local friends that play, so getting some internet buddies or a socially active guild would be awesome

What hunter specs are you most enjoying? I'm very drawn to Melee SV atm, but I also love my Loque, so it will be tough for me to decide

What other class/specs are you enjoying? I've heard balance druids and Enh Shaman are a lot of fun, and the pirate theme of the new Rogue class has me hooked. But I'll seriously look into playing almost anything, I love alts.

What is the state of the stable? Is there still a cap to it?

Those are most of my questions (all that I can think of.)

Thank you in advance!

ps. Anything else you have to add is also welcome!

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Re: Plans on Returning

Unread post by Helsinki »

Welcome back!

Warlords is now included in the $20 battle chest I believe, so upgrading to it shouldn't be expensive. There might be some cheap bundle deal with Legion.

I never used silver dragon or rare finder, but npcscan sort of still works. For vignettes (rares that are on very short timers), it alerts you when you're in range. For actual rares (the ones with longer timers), it won't alert you unless you mouse over them, I believe.

My favorite action bar mod is Dominos. The base UI has improved a lot in other ways though.

There are a decent amount of us on Nesingwary horde in <Petopians>.

I've only played my hunter so far, so no advice on other classes. Except demon hunter is quite fun! I'm really enjoying BM right now, though many others are very much not liking it. Since you weren't around for Warlords version of BM, the changes might feel a little less drastic for you.

Yay for returning to wow! I hope you have a blast!
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

What all game/expac-wise do I need to purchase to get into legion? Obviously game time and Legion itself, but do I need to purchase Warlords? Yes you'd need all the prior expansions but as said you could do a battle chest purchase fairly cheaply and be caught up.

What sort of addons are still in use and helpful? do things like SilverDragon and RareFinder still exist/work? Curretly I use NPC Scan, Silver Dragon, Recount, PetEmote and Storyline. All are updated for Legion and working perfectly so far. I will start using Hunter Pets again when /if it gets revamped & update. The addon has a new manager.

Is there any realm that a large amount of you, preferably US timezones, but not necessary, play? I'm on Nesingwary /Vek'nalish. Both are high pop servers.

What hunter specs are you most enjoying? Currently I am only running SV (which is WONDERFUL in my opinion) because BM is extremely boring to me now.

What other class/specs are you enjoying? My warrior I am totally in love with. WARLOCKS! My DK and druid (feral and resto). Sort of meh with my pally.

What is the state of the stable? Is there still a cap to it? Yes there is still a cap. I believe it's 55 stabled & 5 active?

Pretty much every class has had some major changes so it may be good not to think of how things were when you played. At least the sort of tutorial they've put in game helps you somewhat relearn. Plus with getting Legion you'll get a free character boost so you can run a level 100 right away.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Thank you for all the replies! Addon-wise, I'll likely look at curse to see what's popular, alongside your suggestions! I'm officially back into the World of Warcraft.

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Yay! Welcome back! I too just returned from a long hiatus as well. Stopped playing around the end of MoP (Tried WoD for a month and it didnt stick). So far I'm having a lot more fun than when I last played, but I feel very noob-ish for being gone so long. But fun is still fun! :)

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Serenith wrote:Yay! Welcome back! I too just returned from a long hiatus as well. Stopped playing around the end of MoP (Tried WoD for a month and it didnt stick). So far I'm having a lot more fun than when I last played, but I feel very noob-ish for being gone so long. But fun is still fun! :)
Very much the same, only I left mid-mists! I tried to get back into the swing of things on Gimlion, my Dwarf Hunter, but without many friends on the server, and all my spells lost to the void of "used-to-use-addons syndrome" I decided a fresh start would be nice. I'll likely go back to Gim frequently, bc he is my old main, and I have lots of my favorite pets on him, but it's been fun playing a new character with the petopians on nessingwary!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I use Bartender myself. Very flexible without being ridiculously confusing.

Also I have to admit, I'm loving SV. The AoE capability is currently way better than anything else (and hella more controllable than freakin' BARRAGE (god I hate barrage) and regardless of what IV claims, I've been into several dungeons and consistently top dps charts. Not a raid sample, obvs, but for that and questing, SV is solid as rocks. It takes some getting used to and there's been more than a few times where I went to engage a mob and then stood there ten yards away waving my spear because I was expecting auto attacks to start happening, but aside from that, no complaints. Also... and this is just me... BM is very NOISY these days. Between the sound of your weapon (which thankfully isn't BANG BANG BANG anymore but still), the constant pet noises, the roar of DB happening, your yelling for KC... it basically gives me a headache in only a few fights. And there's so much business going on downrange half the time you can't find the mob you're trying to shoot. I'm glad I haven't needed to use the order hall 'combat ally' ability because two pets is enough, with DB happening AND adding a combat ally? There's like ten minions trying to eat your target. At that point, you might as well not even shoot.

As a RPer, I'm on MG, WRA, and Sents. Though Sents is mostly dead; I'm just in an active guild. WRA would probably be your best bet of the three but as long as you don't roll a female draenei or night elf, you should be okay on MG too.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket