Cataclysm will bring....

Max
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland PvP

Cataclysm will bring....

Unread post by Max »

A LOT OF GANKING!

Think of it... Ur a level 13 Hunter in Darkshore killing stuff for that quest on a PVP server (Both factions will be around there) Lvl 85 with 310% flying mount swoops down 1 shots you and flies away never to be seen again, alright thats not too bad ganking occurs right now before the expansion too. You run to the corpse and ress
Lvl 85 with 310% flying mount swoops down 1 shots you and flies away never to be seen again
a second time, why? Becouse we can now just fly back and forth over the land looking for people to gank when we are bored much much easier than they could before AND a lot faster!(Hunters can even track humanoids)

Me and my friends discussed this over a game of DnD last night.
Tell me what you think about Cataclysm ganking, for example will blizzard remove flying in the lower level zones or maybe even put in DHKs again? (Dishonorable Kill)

//Kal'jin
*Dreams about flying, ganking and stuffz*
Allua
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Cataclysm will bring....

Unread post by Allua »

Hm-m... Aren't low-level zones "safe"? I mean, the zones in which a member of the opposing faction can attack you only if you attack them first?
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

To be honest, I don't think this'll be such a huge problem. They can already gank helpless lowbies just the same, the only change is that they would be coming from up above - to me it doesn't make a difference. Whether the ganker is on a ground or flying mount, you will be dead just the same.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I think you'll find that now that you can fly anywhere, there's going to be a hell of a lot more archer guards across the world. I wouldn't worry too much
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

I doubt it's worth worrying about. Ganking happens no matter what, and really, if someone opts to play on a PVP server, they are in essence consenting to and accepting of the fact that they will get killed by higher level players.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

The post however confuses me. IE are you pro ganking or against it? Because tbh I'm not really sure with how you phrased anything.

And besides, the moment you can buy a mount, you have an unfair advantage over lowbies anyways.

And tbh I never liked gankers and campers anyways. All douchebags.

IE; they steamrolled Razorhill during Halloween last year, leaving campfires all over the place, killing newbies, lowbies and anyone who was there and accidently flagged.
tramani
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: dragonblight
Location: sholazar basin , i have a little place there called the avalanche

Unread post by tramani »

i think blizz wil just get every npc lvl 85 elite ;)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

To me, gankers are cowards. Mostly because when I was on a PvP server, they would only kill and camp lowbies. When someone of their own level came along to help them or the lowbie got their main, they'd run. Pretty much every ganker I've come across did this. :P I'd bring out my main, then they'd run like the little cowards they were.

Thus why I stopped playing on a PvP server. .-. Though I'm pretty sure you'll hear complaints all around from this.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I was 'born' on a PvP server when I first started WoW. I really loved the added thrill of encountering the opposite faction while out questing. Sure the bored level-capped players that would just gank you endlessly were annoying, but even through the frustration I think I really did enjoy it.

Since moving to Nesingwary only in the past few months I will admit it's nice having a breather on a PvE realm. Levelling my alts is now more relaxing without the worry of being ganked and such, and I'm looking forward to Cataclysm and just doing my own thing without that paranoia. However I do miss PvP sometimes to be honest. I just had fun sometimes with it, and it takes part of the game away when there isn't that danger in contested territories.

Luckily since I've been there and done that almost my entire WoW life I think I'm fine 'retiring' on this PvE realm. I'm really glad that I started out on PvP though, I wouldn't change that for anything.
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I also started out on a PVP server and as stated before, actually liked the thrill of having to watch your back and fighting over contested areas. I would get annoyed at times with this, but it was a challenge to try and get away from a camper, or as you said, bring out your high level and chase them off.

I was never a ganker though. Did not find that amusing to go for lowbies.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I started on a PVP server and even now the majority of my toons are there, mainly because the ganking doesn't bother me enough to want to trade away the thrill of getting a hard to get pet from a hostile area for "safety". If I'm constantly getting ganked on an alt, I'll just log off and do something else for a while - they can't wait forever for me to ress. :P
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I might want to add that Blizzard HAS stated that there's is a decent possibility that only certain Old world zones get flying, while others do not. So I doubt there will be flying EVERYWHERE. :D

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Cenarius (Alliance), Illidan (Horde)
Location: Enjoying time relaxing with my pets before exploring a new land.

Unread post by Ëlfdragon »

[quote="Aleu"]To me, gankers are cowards. Mostly because when I was on a PvP server, they would only kill and camp lowbies. When someone of their own level came along to help them or the lowbie got their main, they'd run. Pretty much every ganker I've come across did this. :P I'd bring out my main, then they'd run like the little cowards they were. [quote]

Or they would get a friend or 2 to come help them kill you.

Thank you, Tankperson!
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Gimlion wrote:I might want to add that Blizzard HAS stated that there's is a decent possibility that only certain Old world zones get flying, while others do not. So I doubt there will be flying EVERYWHERE. :D
Last I heard was it was just going to be the cities, kinda like Dal is now.. but I could see them keeping flying out of the starting zones.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Aleu wrote:To me, gankers are cowards. Mostly because when I was on a PvP server, they would only kill and camp lowbies. When someone of their own level came along to help them or the lowbie got their main, they'd run. Pretty much every ganker I've come across did this. :P I'd bring out my main, then they'd run like the little cowards they were.

Thus why I stopped playing on a PvP server. .-. Though I'm pretty sure you'll hear complaints all around from this.
Hey on Bloodhoof I scared a XR ganking Gnome away because I had logged out on my Pally with his BoA gear [after macro spamming him] and by the time I had made a gnome to spam him some more because he was basically doing the same for lowbie hordies [oh god def spam going off every second] he was gone from XR and in icecrown.

I guess he didn't even want to try a 1v1 fight...

i think blizz wil just get every npc lvl 85 elite

Blizz never touched even Flight Masters, and those usually get killed and camped the most, so I doubt they're going to do this.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

I STILL think hunters flying pets like birds of prey and carrion bird should be able to attack up to a certain level above the ground