This Amuses Me

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

This Amuses Me

Unread post by Varethyn »

I recently came back to WoW after some old guildies sought me out and pestered me into coming back for Shadowlands. After some initial exploring of the BfA content I discovered something rather amusing to me: The new location of Ar'gorok in the phased Arathi Highlands.

Why? Well, because Vare's main pet is a dragonhawk by the name of Argorok! Who has had that name since early Wrath.

In turn named after the dragon from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:

I'm sure it's complete coincidence yet I can't help but find it funny that my signature pet got a place named after him. Good job, Argorok!

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: This Amuses Me

Unread post by Wain »

Oh wow, what a coincidence :) are they the same colour and all?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: This Amuses Me

Unread post by Varethyn »

I suppose I could have put this in Show & Tell instead, though felt it was better down here as I was referring more to the place name than that of my pet or his namesake :) Looks like the image link broke at some point which is a shame, and odd as it was working fine when I made the post.

They're not the same colours, no. The original Argorok is black with red wings while my dragonhawk is orange and red, starting off as the BElf starter pet then being re-tamed later after I regretted letting him go. The name is a similar story to how Varethyn got his: the original name (Varo'then in Vare's case) got stuck in my mind and "reimagined" later - I'd initially spelled it as Argaroc then later fixed it when I realised where it had come from.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.