Activision Blizzard being sued for discrimination against female employees

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Activision Blizzard being sued for discrimination against female employees

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I don't see it happening. Unless they do another online one.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Prob be online with somekind of uber gift to ppl who have a ticket

Is anything known about the new leading figure?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Maria wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:37 am Prob be online with somekind of uber gift to ppl who have a ticket

Is anything known about the new leading figure?
They have chosen two "co leaders" for Blizzard. The titles are not president like JaB had meaning that Bobby Kotik is still the real one in charge it's just more obvious now. Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra are assuming the new leadership roles at blizzard. This article has a little bit about them. To me personally they haven't changed enough to earn my money, but it's a slightly positive step in the right direction.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... or-lawsuit
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Just something which struck me... will sexy be removed as a trial of style theme due to this?

I like dressing in skimpy clothes sometimes so I think it be sad to remove it from the game but I kinda see sense in removing it as a theme for trial of style

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It suppose that it is possible. Obviously, some things will have to change since part of the problem not just with Blizzard, but the video game industry as a whole, is how women are potrayed. More often than not, modesty is not a practice that many female video game characters adhere to.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I dont think forced modesty is the answer. I still feel a woman should be able to put on a tight dress or a bikini without getting comments But yeah too many places focus too much on looks.

Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

And it goes on and on... :roll:
"MASSIVE Sponsors Pull OUT, Exec Is DRIVEN Off Twitter & Employees REJECT Bobby's Response!"
https://youtu.be/3d-RP43PIlo

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Maria wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:32 am I dont think forced modesty is the answer. I still feel a woman should be able to put on a tight dress or a bikini without getting comments But yeah too many places focus too much on looks.
I'm not talking about forced modesty. I am talking about there being more diversity. A common problem in the video game industry is the sexualization and objectification of female characters. Male characters are often much more diverse in how they are portrayed, whereas female characters are usually not, especially in Eastern video games.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Jesse Mcree (who posed in the Cosby photo) has been fired! A few others too. I'm very happy about this, but it's still not enough for me. A really positive thing though. I wish Riot would fire Ghostcrawler, but given that companies culture it's likely why he went to work there. They're the same.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The state of California has found that Activision/Blizzard is deliberately destroying evidence in regards to treatment of employees. They have expanded the lawsuit to include not only employees, but contractors.
Umbriel of Halaa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Umbriel of Halaa »

So this thread hasn't budged in a while. Anyway: I had let one sub lapse because of reasons when I heard about this, and will be shutting down the other (that is, if ActiBlizz lets me) until they come up with some sort of a resolution.
Maria wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:32 am I dont think forced modesty is the answer. I still feel a woman should be able to put on a tight dress or a bikini without getting comments But yeah too many places focus too much on looks.
As far as I'm concerned? Every character, regardless of gender, should be able to toggle between "skimpy" (read: how it typically displays on a female character) and "modest" (read: how it typically displays on a male character) designs on most if not all armor pieces. That is all.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I had heard earlier about the federal lawsuit. Blizzard settled with the federal goverment for $18 million this week.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/28/10410680 ... ssment-law
Umbriel of Halaa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Umbriel of Halaa »

GormanGhaste wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:42 pm I had heard earlier about the federal lawsuit. Blizzard settled with the federal goverment for $18 million this week.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/28/10410680 ... ssment-law
They're still facing some other charges, such as on the state level and with the SEC.