Weird Question? i can't answer for myself :C

Dizzy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Weird Question? i can't answer for myself :C

Unread post by Dizzy »

so i'm having a hard time figuring out what i want to do 'in-game'

bf's and my friend wants us to level on his server.
my main are all horde on a different server.
he's alliance.

right now i'm leveling my (third) hunter, she's 63.
i've always wanted to raid on a hunter, never got a chance, so i'm going to now, on my main's server, with my gold and heirlooms, etc.

well...
my friend's chars are alliance.

and i've always wanted a draenei/alliance hunter ;c

my question is..
how many of you have more than one 80 hunter?
how geared out is each one, and how 'content' (for lack of a better word) were you doing it? (leveling, camping pets, etc.)

i feel like it'd be a complete waste of time if i leveled another hunter, regardless of faction, while i'm leveling my "main server's" hunter, you know?

any insight? :<

thanks in advance^^;
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Weird Question? i can't answer for myself :C

Unread post by Nick »

I only have one hunter but I do have another 80, my druid.
I honestly never spent alot of time asking for dungeons, mostly because my gear was anything I could find and I knew people would scoff at me. It wasn't until I got the guild I'm in now that I started to really get into raiding because they can actually carry me the little times I need and don't care so much about it.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Dizzy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dizzy »

well being carried or finding raids isn't a problem for me (at least on the horde character)

and... i have several 80s, i just don't play a lot of them lol.
it's not so much about more than one class as it is...

how boring would it be to have TWO different level 80 hunters that you raid on/heroics on etc?
not sure how many people actually do this, for whatever reason. (alliance/horde, different friends play on different realms, etc.)
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

At the rate I'm going, I'm going to say I'll have at least 4 80 hunters spread out across a number of servers before Cataclysm goes live.
Maybe 5 if I'm truly lucky and patient enough XD

Lazona is my main Huntress, Dwarven Femme and proud of it.
I loved her from the moment I first rolled her (long complicated guild-related story).
I worked hella hard on her to get her the gear she's got thus far. Since our guild collapse however, she's in semi-retirement til Cata.
Longest time ever spent on her? Camping Araga & Old Cliff Jumper across three guilds and four servers over a 4-year period. I still consider that her greatest achievements...apart from her mount conquests I do admit. I miss playing her dearly, but Saurfang Server is a hellhole and I only log in if the old gang needs me for mount runs or the odd heroic. Everytime I'm on her however, I'm inspired to create things <3

Kastarakov is my 80 main alt, Troll Male.
He was rolled after losing King Krush on Lazona twice. Turns out I had quite a thing for Horde.
He's geared, but not immensely so - only enough for his taming of King Krush (admittedly easy-mode taming because I was less in the mood to roll a Belf at the time for the challenging aspect of it all). Three pieces of T9 seems to suit him. I mainly run him through heroics and/or long periods of farming.
His achievement is definitely Krush ("Drachenstein"). The physical, and mental rush of that tame, man, nothing beats it, oh yeah. I play him on and off when I'm not tutoring a couple other hunters on Saurfang Hordeside during oldworld raids and whatnot over Vent.

Cleyandra is Kas's wife in my story thread and the third hunter I rolled intending to get her to 80. She's a Belf Femme of noble birth.
Originally was Kas's bank alt...and then I grew attached. Maybe a mite bit too attached XD
She's only level 26 but has all the heirloom gear, so levelling her won't be an issue.

Veejay is another playaround gold-maker-out-the-wazoo hunter I created on Phyra & Rhyela's server as another alt; a Draenei Femme this time.
Also mid-20's, I'll get around to levelling her/telling her tales eventually.

Tencents is my current trek to 80 hunter alt on Nesingwary, a Belf Male.
He's way more laid-back, I'm not interested in getting him THE top tier stuff or playing him seriously after all that time on Lazona. I wanted to explore Horde Side Lore and Ten was the ideal fodder for it an' now I'm hooked. I'm very content playing him on Nesingwary. It's not "oh I have to get to 80 in such and such time and dual-specced and cold-weather flight and..." it's now more of "what to do about his pets now? Maybe Gondria? Hmm, how about Arc?" I get a lot more time to think about what I'm going to do with Ten instead of boxing him into that pigeon-hole I was forced to work with Laz and Kas. I'd love to get him full T9 if I'm able, but right now, inspiration and pets come first, gear comes however many places it takes for me to "finalise him" per se.

When I started levelling Kastarakov, it was due to the disillusionment after losing King Krush twice (once to a Belf Pally, the other to a fellow Dwarf Hunter) and I just wanted a toon with the green one in his family. Admittedly, I rolled a Troll Male due to not having a single male toon on any server EVER (this is truth, Kas and Ten are the only males I have, rest are all ladies!), but only after Laz had gone through most of her time at 80 carefully beating Arthas's minions into a pile of boney submission with their own weapons (and a Spirit Beast and Warp Stalker by her side XD).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're still levelling your main, focus on your main until you've had a few nibbles of raiding. If you like it enough, stick with it and see where it takes you. Otherwise if the thrill doesn't bite you, by all means go for the alt and have a good time levelling with your bf and friend. I'm not saying it's a wise idea to abandon your main right when you're just getting to those final 15 levels, some have done it and done it well, but in my own experience, stick with the main and dive right into the raiding thing. Won't lie, it's stressful with the wrong guild, but it's still tons of fun if you look past the faults <3

Dizzy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dizzy »

Wowwwww!

thank you for the detailed response OOO:

that sounds like how i am with my characters, though replace the classes with various other classes xD

i think, since i KNOW that i'll have a shot at raiding/gearing up on my BE, i'll finish her before jumping into anything else.

and i'll spend my off time/i'm bored of outlands/northrend time messing around/slowly leveling my alliance hunter.

and maybe some day my alliance will make it to 80 and will have a shot at raiding.
might be a different experience, since it's a server that i don't know anyone else one aside from that one friend and it's a different faction.

i'll let time take it's course and see.

thanks for taking the time to respond, i appreciate it (and had fun reading it xD)

C:

Congrats on finally getting krush by the way, i've read the horror stories here ><

also, good luck with your other hunters!
i hope they all find their way to 80 (some day) and you have good times (and pets!) on all of them!! ^^
Raloth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Khadgar

Unread post by Raloth »

I have 3 lv80 hunters lol..

One night elf (my first toon EVER and my main)
her mate, a blood elf named Raloth,
and a dwarf hunter on the Nagrand server :)

It's my favorite class...what can I say?

The night elf has the best gear so far...but Raloth isn't too far behind her. The dwarf though..she needs some emblems..I'll put it that way ^_^
Rottingham
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin; Illidan

Unread post by Rottingham »

I have 1 80 hunter, 1 38 hunter, 1 48 hunter, and 1 68 hunter... I plan on getting them all to 80. Think of it... With all those hunters you can have all the pets you love!!!

Rottingham, Troll Hunter in the Petopians Guild

Check me out on youtube!

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

I only have one level 80 NE and one level 80 Tauren Hunter. When I was leveling them up neither was my main. When I logged on I just picked one of them and started playing with them for that day. (As a result it took a while to reach 80 on both of them.)
I consider myself a casual player since I mainly spend time doing quests or grinding rep with certain factions. So my toons are both mainly geared in greens and blues from either quest rewards or faction quest rewards. And though I sometimes run dungeons for faction rep, nothing helpful has ever dropped for my toons. And also the Champion's Seals I get from the Argent Tournament I spend on Heirlooms.
Dizzy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dizzy »

Well i'm glad i don't feel as crazy leveling up more than one hunter.

i'm stilll gonna try to get my BE hunter up cuz i KNOW i can gear her up, but hopefully soonish i'll be able to get going on my draenei, maybe she'll surprise me and have good gear in the long run too c:

thanks for the responses guys :3
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I used to have two hunters on my main server, but dropped the second so I could make room for a worgen.

The second one was horde.

It's a completely different experience playing a character with different people. If you can stomach having two hunters, more power to you. If you don't mind having two different "homes" on WoW, more power to you. It's different doing it on another server where you don't have your own support group. I feel naked without my seven 80s and all my professions and BoA gear on Nesingwary, but due to the Petopians community, I don't feel abandoned.

I don't think it's nuts having two endgame hunters. I just wouldn't expect to be able to focus on both equally....but that's me.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Noor
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Noor »

I have 4 level 80ies, one of which is a hunter. Plus I keep starting new hunters on different servers. My husband keeps commenting about how mad I am for making more than one hunter. I see it as a new character, so a new experience. But, I get discouraged from his comments, and delete my new hunter... :cry: Anyway, I have 2 characters that have "raid equipment" (hunter and priest), with a paladin "in the works". It takes a LOT of time and commitment to keep them all geared and, lately, I have been slacking.

It is very possible to level a new character, as well as keeping your current ones on track, but expect to spend quite a few hours a day grinding dungeons to get the emblems for raid gear. Or even raiding itself. I would suggest trying to get the character you want to focus raiding with in the weekly raid once a week, to start saving those Emblems of Frost.

Good luck!

*ponders what character to start now* :lol:
Noor, Level 80 Blood Elf Hunter
And a few other characters