How'd You Chose Your Characters' Names

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Re: How'd You Chose Your Characters' Names

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Tahlian wrote:Tere and Tahl were brothers when they were Alliance. These days, they're more "brothers from another mother." :D
What a coincidence! My Blood Elf hunter was considered inappropriate by his father, who couldn't stand his son to be always dirty and smelling of animals while he himself was a high ranked Blood Knight.
Long story short, my Tauren warrior (1st toon ever) picked him up, all hungry and shabby, brought him to his tribe, the Blackhooves which, seeing his ability to handle animals, trained him to be hunter.
Later on they got blood brothers and Kara was officially made a member of the tribe.
Strictly speaking, he's a Tauren hunter lacking horns! :lol:
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Because I have so many toons in the game, I will spare you the tedious task of reading through my short novel, "How I came up with my World of Warcraft Names", and just list my active hunter's names in this post.

Khau (Male, Tauren): Pretty self explanatory. A play on the English word "cow"; I was looking for something cute and fun to compliment my over-grown teddy bear of a humanoid-bull.

Auroryn (Female, Blood Elf): Pronounced Ah-Roar-In; derived from the name Aurora which means "dawn". My Blood Elf underwent several temporary name changes this name popped in my head. It was strong and beautiful – just like I envision my huntress to be.

Niabi (Female, Draenei): Niabi in Osage (Native American) means "fawn spared by the hunter". Pronounced ni (as in night) –awe–bee. I was inspired to apply this name to my huntress when I created her because of the meaning and because Draenei have horns and hoofed feet, like that found on a fawn or gazelle.

Ghiselle (Female, Dwarf): This name is simply an alternate spelling of the name Giselle - which was taken at the time of my Dwarf’s creation. Ironically, the spelling also reminds me of the word "chisel", which themes quite nicely, since Dwarves are known for their interest in mining and archaeology.

Lilyth (Female, Night Elf): An alternative spelling of the name Lilith. Lilith is an ancient Babylonian name meaning "of the night" which adheres to the theme of Night Elves perfectly in my mind. I am also partial to beautiful flowers and so, the changing of the "i" to a "y" came about to form the word "lily" within the name.
Last edited by Niabi on Mon May 16, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

Sphax has a looooong history :P

Ok so 5 years ago i started going out with some new buddies to some net cafes and played counter strike (lan) against each other. Well everyone had those cool names so i had to figure out my own. (i was 13 years old back then ).

So after a day or something i came op with Sphaxtis (which is sort of slayer ) pronounced ( Sfahtis) well after playing 1 year counter i went into the world of mmorpg

was always fun of rpg since i played games like final fantasy a lot!!

so ofcourse there i kept the same name everywhere ;) Sphaxtis ftw :P

then i started wow ... i made a tauren hunter named Sphaxtis and got him at the end of the summer 60 and started raiding . Heres where the problem came :p No one could pronounce it.

Well in tbc in january i rolled a pala and decide to make a name easier to be said :P so heres where Sphax was created :P

now after i had my pala 70 in tbc and then 80 in wotlk got so bored of him and went back to the hunter problem was i disliked my hunter beeing a tauren too big so it was kinda harder to escape in pvp ( call me a noob or whatever but i prefer small chars ) so the summer of 2009 i rolled a blood elf hunter female named Sphaxie. Got het to 80 then sex changed my pala to Serênity and my hunter to Sphax which is my main ever since :D

(have 2 accounts yeah :p ) cause i wanted to lvl fast i made a deal with my cousin he gave me 6k gold so i would buy a new wow account so he could get zebrah mount. Well i didnt mind it tbh 6k gold was worth it

I was like yeah i have my epic flyer already with the hunter ^^

well can keep going on about this here so i will su ;)

thats the story of me nickname ^^ so if u ever see someone using it please flame him !!! there is only one TRUE sphax out there

/cheers Sphax
Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

Sochi: Originally, Sochi was a FFXI character, a mithra alt I had created to try a new job class. She was a thief as I recall. When I joined in WoW and was trying to find a name for the character who was to be my main, I found "Brielle" was taken, so I chose Sochi (pronounced Sew-chee, not Socky) as the name and it was open. It sounded vaguely Asian to me. I was happy. Turns out, not long ago, I discovered that there is a town with the same name. It's a Russian resort city, situated in Krasnodar Krai just north of the southern Russian border and apparently, the site of an Olympic Park. I do hope the held archery competitions there. Sochi's main pet, Mercado, also shares his name with a town, I think in Spain somewhere. The word mercado means "market" in Spanish. I didn't know this when I chose it for my lynx, I just liked the sound of it and that I could shorten it to "Merc".

Vasi: A completely made up name as far as I can tell. I never expected Vasi to survive to 51, but with Shaon getting all the love right now, my Alliance hunter's on the back burner.

Jalani: Once the second highest hunter in my group (she's made it to 35) I named her after a character in a book. I was stuck for a name, liked the sound of that one, and used it. She's a dwarf and currently on a server I haven't visited in a while. She might find new light someday and move to Vasi's Zangarmarsh server.

Iome: A draenei hunter. Low 20's last I left her. Named after a strong female character in a book.

Shaon: forgot to add her in the original post. I'm sure it's a made up name. It just sounded good to me, blood-elfish sounding, easy to type. And of course, she's a hunter.

The Death Knights I have created to serve as income sources, Nefasi and Rhensibe are named after witches. Rham I came up with and Eiskal is a play on the word Ice.
Last edited by Sochi on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

Most of the names of my toons were chosen by a specific process. Step 1 - race, step 2 - sex, step 3 - class, step 4 - a name that sounds good and fits steps 1-3. A few special ones were inspired by drow, and a few others had their name come to me during the creation process. My oldest toon still around is a human rogue named Knifewhisper. The funny thing about him is he's combat spec and I almost never stealth with him lol My tauren druid is named Mmrobrak. His name was inspired by a sound that was made on one of those wierd cow commercials.

Knifewhisper - Level 70 combat rogue
Galantorum - Level 70 fire mage
Alonertuu - Level 80 Death Knight
Dulanie - Level 70 BM Hunter
Aimrn - Level 80 Death Knight
Streea - Level 22 Hunter
Olailder - Level 14 Paladin
Lucypher - Level 53 resto Shaman
Mmrobrak - Level 12 Druid
Broaommai - Level 59 Death Knight

*edit for toon names and spelling*
Last edited by Dulanie on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't die. We multiply.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

CURRENT

Danielfboone---- NE Hunter lvl 80 with well over 300 days of played time. The name is pronounced Danielf Boone, not Daniel F. Boone.

Vladtepesch----NE Death Knight, lvl 65, named after the man who inspired the Dracula legend

Eoghan---------NE Druid, lvl 46, the name means "Of the Yew tree" in old english

Fadeaway-----Dwarf Rogue, only lvl 16 and has been for a long time

Malignos-------Human Warlock,lvl 18, bank runner and placeholder for the name I plan to use for a Worgen Warlock

Welldun-------Tauren Druid, lvl 66, and my main before creating the Hunter

Walmarticus---Undead Warlock, lvl 24, my first main toon who has been reincarnated 3 times now but never got past lvl 28

Poledancer----Human Warrior,lvl 2 , who sold all her clothes and frequents the SW AH in her underwear.

PREVIOUS TOONS

Tuskankhamun--Troll Shaman who I quickly tired of

EmmaRoyds---- Cute little pink ponytailed Gnome mage who was created to be a companion to a Holy Priest named PreparationH I knew in a former guild .

Atolycus----Human Paladin who was my very first toon. I got him to lvl 11 and then left him sleeping in the Inn at Goldshire. I heard they eventually buried him thinking he was dead.

ElvishPresley--NE rogue who only lasted a few hours .
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Danielfboone wrote:The name is pronounced Danielf Boone, not Daniel F. Boone.
*Is quiet about the fact that she thought it was pronounced Dani Elfbone.*

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

ok, names. Well back in vanilla I started with my alli hunter. I Played an RPG-type game earlier and the toon's name was Vespers so I wanted to translate that over. The name was unavailable and since I didn't know any better I just added an i and named him Vesperis. Then, once I had decided to create my horde toon I wanted a name close to that so my alli buddies would have an idea of who was killing them so I chose Vespias. Also for some reason that sounded like the feminine version of my alli hunter's name and since my new hunter was a lady it stuck.
Since then my alts all recieved thoughtful consideration on their names.

My druid - Pharro...created him while the movie The Ten Commandments was running in the backround. Thought it sounded powerful.

My mage - Desparro...named after a line in the Rolling Stones song "Undercover". I think the word was supposed to be desparados but it got switched to desparros. And then that damned mouse came along and stole my name.

My priest - Pennywisê...after a long trade chat discussion on the fear of clowns and seeing how many people are afraid of them I came up with this one as a possible distraction for folks in BGs. If the name causes just 1 alli to fumble then it did its job. And of course macros that shout out "Don'tcha want a balloon Georgie" and the like yelled out while I'm in the sewers of Dal always bring at least 1 "gaaaa" from my fellow hordies... 8-)

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Jadvya - I was looking for Slavic/European names, and Jadvyga is the Lithuanian equivalent of Hedwig.

Melesmelda (druid) - Meles comes from the scientific name for badgers, which are my favorite animals, and I've no idea where Melda came from. Might have gotten it from Redwall.

Aliere (Warlock) - Based off Dante Aligheri.

Rhoaan (Paladin) - Made it up.
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

Zanidar (Hunter) I have used this name on games for years, I don't really know why

Lupen (Warrior) made it up

Selukon (haven't made him yet, but he will be a Warlock) see Zanidar
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

City's in Raymond Feist books.

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Nanyana (Night Elf Hunter, my main) - Random gibberish I made up the first time I entered the character creation screen. :P I just wanted to get to try the game so I didn't put too much thought to it.

Aool (Draenei Shaman) - The reason I made a Shaman in the first place was that they get to transform into a ghost wolf. XD So as all I could think of was a wolf, I went for a wolf's howl - aoo. Added the l to the end because it felt appropriate. ^^

Subira (Tauren Hunter) - I'm a sucker for languages and foreign names, so I checked Behind the Name for a nice name that would fit. After a while I bumped into Subira, which means "patience" in Swahili. After that I decided to name all Subira's pets with African names too, to match them.

I also have a pile of toons with Finnish names: Aave ("Ghost", Draenei Hunter), Yö ("Night", Draenei DK), Sulka ("Feather", Night Elf Druid), Uni ("Dream", Draenei Priest) etc.
Serendipity82
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

I"ll just do the toons I currently play at the moment since he rest of my alts are sitting below level 20 >_>

Sangrea - Night Elf rogue and my first toon ever. I like the drink, but that spelling was taken so I switched it.

Elsi - Tauren Hunter. My first hunter, however all my friends are alliance so poor Elsi has been neglected. It sounded like a good name for a cow :P

Myriana - Draenei Hunter and my main. I thought I made this name up til I looked her up on the armory one day. Her name fits her though and I wouldn't have her any other way.

Calmeren - Night Elf Druid. I got this name from a book by Mercedes Lackey.
Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US:The Scryers, EU: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Murloc Chow »

I saw this forum and had to gush (sorry m(_._)m), I’m a terrible Altoholic, I get a new idea for a character and I have to create them, it’s worse with the Hunter class, I’ll create a whole toon around a pet. Still, I couldn’t bear to delete them, even though I don’t have a fraction of the time necessary to play most of them. Most of the names just pop into my head, a few are based on mythology, some of the Hunters are named for the pets I wanted to get them etc.

Hunter
Wingedsphinx-D; the Greek Sphinx has wings, ergo…
Lyciasundog-NE; Server Main; Windserpents; a “Sundog” is a phenomenon where the sun is reflected by ice crystals, creating multiple “suns” in the sky. But since I made a female, Sundog is the last name, and Lycia is the first name, and also the name of a town in the myth of the Chimera (my favorite mythological creature).
Rabidpenguin-BE; Server Main; I had originally planned on getting bird pets and giving them crazy names, my first Carrion Bird was named MadChickadee, later I went out and got a white Bear, so it became an Arctic/ Antarctic theme.
Meadowhawk-T; Bird themed pets
Tencopper- GB; WoWCat; my plan is to get all green skinned pets and name them after currency or avarice (greed).
Shimmerwing-BE; I created this toon specifically to get a moth, months before they were tamable I lvl’d a toon and ran her out to Azuremyst.
Puppiekicker-D; Wolfs, I just made him to be funny.
Shadowchaser-NE; exclusively Tallstrider pets, my goal was to get the Clutch Mother, and name her SunCatcher, so I needed a complimentary name.
Eatandbmerry-UD; WoWCat; I can’t wait to play an Undead Hunter, I plan on having him have all Carrion Birds, his name breaks down to Eaton D. B. Merry, I haven’t decided on what the middle initials stand for yet.
Heartbroken-T; Faction Main; all of her pets have negative names: Illwill, NoAntiVenom, and HeartWyrm.
Kcat-NE; Faction Main, Account Main; named after my RL cat, Killer Cat (K. Cat).
Lycia -O; Deceased, removed to create Vividelusion. The name of a town in the myth of the Chimera.
Hunteresstyr -H; WoWCat; RP, Scarlet Crusade theme. Her name is/will be Abigail Tyr, Tyr I pulled from the town Tyr’s Hand in Eastern Plaguelands
Huntertyr -H; WoWCat; RP, Scarlet Crusade theme. His name is/will be Gabriel Tyr, brother of Abigail Tyr.
Killsarkoth-TR; Bank Alt. Named after the Scorpid boss in the Troll/Orc starting area, Sarkoth, his pet Scorpid is named SonOfSarkoth.
Datcord-TR; Faction Main. Basically I wanted a Dire Raven from Northrend and name it Discord, Datcord just sounds like a Troll name anyways.
Redrichochett-T; A big red Tauren with a rifle, what can I say.
Wingedsphinx-D; Server Main; I made her twice because I liked the name

Warrior
Crownoftears-UD; not sure why I picked this name, seemed appropriate for a Forsaken Warrior.
Murlocchow-TR; another name I just thought would be funny, Murlocs play such a big role in lvl’ing it seemed fitting.
Chimerarage -TR; Deceased, created before we could go to the Barbershop, removed to create Murlocchow.

Mage
Chimerarose-G; at first I was naming all my toons with the word Chimera in it, but I got bored of that.
Emptysim-UD; Orphan; Empty Sim is from a novel called Otherland, a Sci-fi story where people can become immersed in a Virtual Reality world, when a person “d/c’s” sometimes their Sim (avatar/character) remains in the virtual space and is called an Empty Sim.
Sweetescape-BE; I think this is from a song.
Ossa-UD; means bones or skeleton in Latin, very fitting for an Undead.
Mythchaser -BE; Deceased, created before we could go to the Barbershop, removed to create Sweetescape.

Warlock
Isander-H; Isander is the grandson of Bellerophon the Greek hero that slew the Chimera.
Cellardwellr-UD; Orphan; I just thought it was clever 
Chimerawrath-UD; another one of my original characters with the word Chimera in it.
Abitsquirrly-G; Abi (Abby) T. (for Trouble) Squirrly, Gnome extraordinaire, need I say more.
Cheekydevil-BE; my story if anyone on my RP server calls me on his name is that his real name it Tardegrade, but his teachers always called him “Tardy Tardegrade” and his classmates called him Tard (retard). One day his mom put a note in his lunchbox calling him her “little Cheeky Devil.” When one of his classmates spotted it it became his new nickname, better than his old name he adopted it as his own name.
Ravenstears-O; just a name I thought was pretty.

Shaman
Chimeramyth-D; Deceased, my first character ever, created on a friends account, when I got my own account she wouldn’t even sent me the gold I’d earned on her :(
Bunnyhug-D; I just thought it was cute.
Aggrobunny-TR; Trolls make me think of bunnies, I think it’s the big feet and big ears.

Rogue
Chainedangel-BE; I like the sound of this name, I think it suits her as well.
Requiemdream-TR; I thought it sounded a little sinister, but also quiet and subtle.
Crownoftears-H; Bank Alt; I liked the name so much I used it twice.

Paladin
Cunningplan-DW; my only Dwarf, the name comes from Baldrick from the TV series Black Adder.
Deadkitty-BE; I think I was just going for something opposite to the pretty Blood Elf look.
Hosser-D; Orphan; just a random name, I never play him other than to see if my friend is online on that server.

Death Knight
Emptysim-UD; Bank Alt; again a name I liked the name so much I used it twice.
Vividelusion-TR; a name I really like, but doesn’t really mean anything.
Lamia-D; in Greek Mythology she was a beautiful queen of Libya who became a child-eating demon.
Felsoldier-O; Deceased, removed to create space for a WoWCat placeholder

Druid
Surlyrobert-T; named after my boyfriend :P
Bellerophon-T; Faction Main; from the Greek Myth, Bellerophon killed the monster Chimera, was my Account Main for a long time.
Delphyne-NE; Faction Main; the name of the female dragon who was appointed by her mother, Gaea, to guard the oracle of Delphi.
Creak-T; Resto Druid, need I say more.
Voodoocat-TR- WoWCat; I can’t wait to see their animal forms, I suspect that they’ll be similar to the Night Elf forms.
Yakasoba-T; my favorite thing to eat when we go out is Edo, I always get beef yakisoba, unfortunately I miss spelled it when I named my toon, should’ve double checked it :P
Saviour-W; WoWCat; I think I lucked out with this named, someone must have deleted their character, and I just happened to get it. Sadly I’ve learned that I don’t really like playing Shamans so I’ve decided to wait for the expansion and turn him into a Worgen Druid.
Erradikate-NE; Server Main; the only toon I’ve made any effort to lvl on a pvp server, I think the name is self explanatory.
Balius-T; Server Main; in Greek Mythology Balius was one of two immortal horses, these horses were used by Achilles.
Saschwa-NE; I don’t know what this name means, my sister named her.
Seemefly-NE; eventually when I get flight form this name will look clever :P
Darkenedsun-T; Server Main; descriptive name for my dark furred Tauren.

Priest
Thothsscribe-TR; named after the Egyptian God Thoth.
Miasaura-D; Another name I’ve miss spelled, supposed to be Maiasaura, the Good Mother Dinosaur, oops.

A few place holder names that I haven’t decided what class or race they’ll become:
Ryddlewyrm-UD
Swiftfox-?; WoWCat; possibly a Worgen Hunter.
Bzou-W; WoWCat; another obscure name for werewolf, I’m leaning towards Worgen Druid, but I’m not sure yet.

*Deceased are the few toons which I’ve actually deleted, gone but not forgotten
*Place holders are labeled ‘WoWCat” and are just waiting for the expansion.
*Orphans are toons I started on a server, or faction due to a friend wanting me to join them, and then it didn’t pan out.
* Races: NE- Night Elf, W- Worgen, UD- Undead, T- Tauren, TR- Troll, D- Draenei, O- Orc, BE- Blood Elf, G- Gnome, H- Human, DW- Dwarf, GB- Gobblin

So those are all my toons currently, once the expansion hits, I’m sure I’ll have more!

Anyways, sorry again for all the text m(_._)m
Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

Hmmm.. let's see.

My first serious character, my druid is named Paleona. I derived that from Paleontology because I'm a dinosaur nerd, and made it sound more feminine.

Jakkra, my hunter, I just wanted something that sounded troll-ish. I kind of took letters that I thought sounded troll-like and this was the end result.

Trying to think of other characters I play frequently enough, or like their name...

Shagratha is my warlock. Shagrath is the stage name of the lead singer of the black metal band Dimmu Borgir that I like, so I thought I'd add an "a" to the end to make it feminine. The singer got the idea from an orc demon in LotR by the name of Shagrat. Ha, unfortunately, my warlock is a belf, would have been more fitting to make an orc warlock, I suppose.

Hmm.. what else.. I have a mage that I never play, she's only like lvl 7 or something, but I love her name. Breadwench, for obvious reasons. Plus it's kind of an inside joke, something a friend said once at a restaurant.
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Lazona (Hunter Main, Dwarf)
Hers came out of searching for a completely unrelated character name on a page for unusual baby names (Heather's Page, which I find oh-so-totally awesome in every way!), and simply stuck when I went to create an alt for Tylienda (now my hubby's rogue).

Tylienda (Former Rogue Main, Night Elf)
Had an unholy obsession in my youth for an echidna character in the Knuckles Comics, named Lien-Da (Komissar of the Dark Legion - who was named after a dear friend of mine, Lien Nguyen). The Ty part didn't come until I was watching the Japanese dub of Sonic The Movie, where Tails was screaming something that sounded like "Tyheyandah!"...well, in my hearing range he was XD Armory Tylienda and you'll only come up with one character under that name. I'm still proud of that ;D

Kastarakov (Hunter Alt, Troll)
Kastarakov is the surname of a Russian Snow Leopard character of mine (first name Josef). I wanted to, again, pick a name that did not come up on an armory search (yes, I pride myself on being unique to some degree), and after discovering that the Ruskie didn't show up, I went right ahead with him. Kas shares personality traits with Josef, his anthro counterpart, most definitely his tolerance of others.

Cleyandra (Hunter Alt's Alt, Blood Elf)
*cough* I am one of the most ardent Pokemon fanatics, still am even though I'm almost 30, but I tend to turn my attentions to breeding shinies these days. Cleyandra is the name of my Pokemon collector/shinies breeder on Pokemon Platinum (on my third copy - first copy has a full lvl-100 team, second copy has my lvl-100 shinies/contest excellence team), and she's only generous if you offer her a shiny 'mon she doesn't have yet XD I took her name for Kas's future wife because she tends to keep him in line like one of her pets *LOL*

Daxirria, Eliandra & Morienda (Bank Alts; Former Warrior Main, Rogue, Mage; Gnomes)
The three sisters in a past project that wasn't picked up by the company I was doing an animation for; Daxi, Elia and Mori were three sly snake sisters who knew how to weasel money out of anyone. I adopted their names and personalities for my three gnome sisters, and eventually made them all bank alts after I stopped playing Daxirria and swapped to Tylienda.

Shadowfyris (Former Horde Alt, Tauren)
Named after a dragon in my novel, Shadowfyris (or Shadowfyre as she was referred to) was a partly white, partly black and silver grey femme dragon who was the bringer of the New World. Her Tauren had the same personality, though she was concentrated more on the having fun whilst doing it part.

Kaliendra (Former Horde Main, Tauren)
My former Tauren Warrior, Kali had a few things to do in Tylienda's story of her past and present. She was eventually killed by a former ally of Tyl's under King Varian Wrynn's orders (a mistake he later paid for much further down the track of Lazona's tales). She was a former Shaman, married to one, and turned into a Warrior after her son died to the hands of an Alliance transport. Kali was a dark-hearted character even during her encounters with Tylienda, but eventually mellowed enough to be accepted by Tyl and her family. In Laz's story, Kaliendra's name crops up a few times. I really should get to writing that whole deal...

Emberflare (Former Horde Alt, Blood Elf)
Emberflare was the original name I had planned for Lazona's past Dragonhawk pet, but I later took it and turned it into a Blood Elf huntress, a green little thing just trying to find a place in the world just for her and her pets. Now she's a reserved name for my Goblin sisters, and the one with a big green mean eating machine by her side XD

Gigglemonsta
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'thul

Unread post by Gigglemonsta »

Bet u cant wait for me to tell!
*Gigglemonsta - Proud owner of all four Spirit Beasts :) /giggle *
Thanks to Saturo for the signature
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Jakkra wrote: Shagratha is my warlock. Shagrath is the stage name of the lead singer of the black metal band Dimmu Borgir that I like, so I thought I'd add an "a" to the end to make it feminine. The singer got the idea from an orc demon in LotR by the name of Shagrat. Ha, unfortunately, my warlock is a belf, would have been more fitting to make an orc warlock, I suppose.
Well if you want to be technical, the LotR orcs were once-upon-a-time descended from elves who got Really Messed Up. So, elf becomes orc becomes stage name becomes elf...full circle! :D

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

My cousin and best friend, Alyssa passed away a few years back, and I was left feeling depressed and alone. As a way of remembering her, I named my hunter, Alyssia, after her. <3

Gigglemonsta
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'thul

Unread post by Gigglemonsta »

Burning Crusade main = Laeda the Pallytank.

This was randomly generated, and I often got called Leader by randoms in pugs. LAEDA also stands for the Latin American Economic Development Association, so I got a few wierd PST's. Ive since dumped that character as my DE alt :D

Lammiwinks - Holy Priest (my main!)

Named after a certain Gerbil that takes a trip in a mans ass :D HEHE He was my silly alt, and since then he's my main and im ALWAYS silly on him :D The names not exactly like the Gerbil, I wanted a character I could be silly on.

Lammi's pretty popular
Voted in Sexiest person on Server - http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 2075&sid=1
Voted in most well known person on Server -http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 6015&sid=1

GIGGLE :D

Gigglemonsta - Troll Huntard
My favouritest ALT ever! HE is named Gigglemonsta because Gigglemonster was taken, and GIGGLEMONSTER is one of Lammi's favourite sayings in tradechat :D (And I like having a laugh :D)
*Gigglemonsta - Proud owner of all four Spirit Beasts :) /giggle *
Thanks to Saturo for the signature