AAaahhh the Sholazar Basin trickery..............

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

AAaahhh the Sholazar Basin trickery..............

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I've been camping King Krush on my main again so last night I logged into her at around 2am server time if not earlier. I've been camping at the Glimmering Pillar but flying his spawn points along with Aotona's. I've never been a fan of hers but honestly wouldn't mind trying her out.
Around 3:30 am server time I'm flying in the most southern KK spawn point by the hive and all the sudden my NPC scan goes off scaring the bahjesus out of me. I look around and no KK. I immediately do a /who sholazar basin and sure enough a level 80 hunter pops up. I'm not sure how long they'd been there but I was really ticked off. I didn't see them or their pet KK.
Seriously agitated I post into general chat "Someone one's messing with their stables, trying to fool everyone in the basin."
Within about 30 seconds, maybe 45 of my saying that the hunter left the basin not to return. Since I know Krush's spawn points I just continued my vigil and flying.
I did check for a corpse since for some reason they seems to stay for several minutes even after skinning but didn't find anything.

I am certain this other hunter was doing a bit of trickery to get people out of the basin or just to flat out be a jerk. I wish I'd got SS's of it.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: AAaahhh the Sholazar Basin trickery..............

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Guh. I hate when things like this happen. So much so that when I have a rare and go to the zone where the rare spawned, I'll intentionally use a different pet. Even if I wanted to quest that day with Skoll or do my Sholazar Dalies with Loque, I'm not cruel enough to mess with camping hunters' heads like that. :(

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

I am ashamed to admit I have sinned in the Basin. I left Dal to do the ghost fish fishing daily, forgetting to swap Aotona out for another pet. Then when I land, I open my stables to call another pet, and can only imagine the poor people with npc scan when Aotona AND Loque went off. I felt like an ass, but at least it wasn't intentional.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

He may of been mining and he dismounted near on a spawn site.