Thinking about not being a hunter anymore.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Thinking about not being a hunter anymore.

Unread post by cowmuflage »

This patch well lets begin from the start shall we?

I have been a hunter since i started back in 07 infact Cowmuflage was the frist toon i made as since i heard of wow i allways wanted to be a cow hunter. I have allso been MM since that day too.

But this patch they have turned my once smart cow into some person with a good dose of braindamage. Really blizz its like you spent along time makeing both BM and sur better then when it came to MM you just gave up. I want to play as MM but what they have done to the spec is just beyound sad. You have ruined my rotaions and no amount of stable slots is going to hide what you did to MM! Yes i'm kind of happy about the foucs instead of mana and am happy about the ammo but i can't injoy those things.

I don't want to play cow as a surv hunter(i don't like it much) or a BM one(only thing i'd find allright in this spec is exotics but its silly to play a spec you hate just for 1 skill).

Its like Blizz bend cowmuflage over a table and took her up the bum with this patch.
No i don't think they are going to fix it in a new patch.

The only thing i can see me playing cow for now is mounts and small pets as once i hit 85 the Northrend raid mounts will be easyer to get. I can't see myself raiding with cow anymore i don't think MM is up to it anymore.

So i think i may play Gulag my druid more or Skelytor my rouge (getit cos shes undead HA!). I have just recenty got truely into her shes lvl 31 and i can nearly 1 shot someone 4 lvls above me with 1 ambush! and pikpocketing is fun. Or should i start a new class?
Saturo

Re: Thinking about not being a hunter anymore.

Unread post by Saturo »

I agree completely with this post. MM just isn't enjoyable anymore.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

I don't play as MM, but I'm really not a fan of how the class has changed since the new patch. I'm making my main my druid again, too :3
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Ehh. Yeah, I'm not keen on what they did to chimera/aimed, but what i find worse is switching to my "secondary spec" BM, and finding I can do as much or more DPS with less work. It's not that I want to deny anything to BM spec, it's just that before 4.0 it felt like there were specific reasons to choose one or the other.

MM: Grouping and casual solo'ing.

BM: Hardcore solo'ing and ofc the exotics.

Now I no longer feel any compelling reason to bother with MM - what's it got that BM doesn't?

BUT, I haven't grouped since the patch, so I'm going to try and not give up on MM until I've at least seen how that goes.

EDIT: ironically though, 4.0 has made me more interested in SV than I was before. I have 2 SV hunters who I never really got into much in 3.3, but now that we have trap launcher, and SV is the only one who can really amp up traps, I'm interested to try that spec out.
Unggoy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Eredar

Unread post by Unggoy »

Im still raiding as MM, and at most, i notice a 1-2k dps loss in some cases on certain fights, and then im higher on certain fights. So sure, MM is probably a little broken right now, but remember this will all feel a lot smoother once we hit 85, and once you get, and i use this term loosely, our "rotation" down, you'll be fine. No reason to not play your Hunter.

H Putricide 25 From 2 weeks ago.

H Putricide 25 from last night.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yeah there is reasons not to play her. Its shit full stop lol. A little broken is an understatement really. How can you be sure it will feel smoother once we hit 85? it could be worse lol.
Unggoy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Eredar

Unread post by Unggoy »

Everything that happened in 4.0.1, is all class mechanics design to work at 85. Its why EVERY class feels broken currently. Hunters are Missing Cobra shot, which is amazing for certain specs, and Aspect of the Fox, which is a PvP essential, which as of now we cant pvp at all. Just give it time, and if shit still sucks in cata, by all means quit the hunter.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

No my rouge and druids don't feel broken ATM. I don't like what they have done with MM Its no fun to play anymore. Why should i play something that to me is no fun? cos what it may be at 85? thats just silly IMO. I liked MM it was fun to play as but what they did now is just gah its stupid.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

cowmuflage wrote:No my rouge and druids don't feel broken ATM. I don't like what they have done with MM Its no fun to play anymore. Why should i play something that to me is no fun? cos what it may be at 85? thats just silly IMO. I liked MM it was fun to play as but what they did now is just gah its stupid.

Well, everyone knows that Rouges are overpowdered anyway!

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

Sukurachi wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:No my rouge and druids don't feel broken ATM. I don't like what they have done with MM Its no fun to play anymore. Why should i play something that to me is no fun? cos what it may be at 85? thats just silly IMO. I liked MM it was fun to play as but what they did now is just gah its stupid.

I love you.

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Sukurachi wrote:

He went there...
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

you know what i mean jezz
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I still look at the time between now and Cata's launch as a world-wide beta. Releasing class changes two months ahead of the official release gives people time to test things out in the "real world", so to speak. Will rotations work? Is focus an issue? Things of that nature. Sure, they do that in beta, but when you let all 12 million of your subscribers check out the changes before launch, that's a lot of good (and often bad) feedback you can receive and try to use to improve.

So to be honest, I expect changes between now and Cata's release, and even beyond. Just try to give it time, or just play something else in the meantime. But if this many people are upset with MM, I don't really expect it to stick.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

They better change it. I'd be pissed off if it stays like this come cata.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think right now waiting is the best course of action.

I understand that it must be frustrating to dislike your spec or class right now, but truthfully it's only been 3 days since this patch was released. Give it some time, and see what happens.

Personally I'm enjoying this patch, I'm having a lot of fun with my hunter and the new talent systems for all of my characters. Everyone will have their own experience though.

I'm not saying don't be upset, but merely recommending to wait a bit and see where things go. Ultimately what you choose to do or think has no affect on my playstyle, and neither do my thoughts on yours. However, if I were in your position I'd probably just give it time. I think if you focus on all the negative aspects you're more likely to just work yourself into hating everything at once.

Anyways, just my two cents. :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well i do injoy the no ammo and focus is slowly makeing me happy.

I'm not to found of tameing sprees as my Aspergers makes me fear change and its not like im going to change my main pets so i don't seem to injoy tameing others much. thats proberly why i'm hateing MM right now is cos its nothing like pre patch MM ya kno? This and ZG going away and my bloody 9 week long animation exam are just getting to me. and grandma
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

It doesn't take much for things to start snowballing, I know exactly what you mean. My last couple weeks have been like that and I was bitter as heck about the pet changes. But with a little bit of time (both to try the pets out and to get myself straightened out), things are starting to look up. :)

We all go through times like this, just hang in there and things will improve one way or another. :hug:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I'm just as annoyed as the next person about these changes, but I'm going to wait it out for a bit. Sure, I did quit PvP until Cata as well since I cannot find a way to kite with Focus and I may respec Survival since MM just seems broken right now. I loved it, but I cannot find a good shot rotation to keep me down in ICC until then. >> Also considering I hate not having Volley anymore.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

But this patch they have turned my once smart cow into some person with a good dose of braindamage. Really blizz its like you spent along time makeing both BM and sur better then when it came to MM you just gave up. I want to play as MM but what they have done to the spec is just beyound sad. You have ruined my rotaions and no amount of stable slots is going to hide what you did to MM! Yes i'm kind of happy about the foucs instead of mana and am happy about the ammo but i can't injoy those things.
You do remember BM was broken for a long time right? And that Surv, and then MM, were made the king of kings for DPSing, right? And that BM was broken because it was to easy a specc to use and didn't deserve the extra dps, at the time, right?

Look, I know MM is probably in dire straights right now. I never really played an MM hunter so I don't know how bad, but things aren't permanent yet, classes are still being tinkered with.

I suggest instead of just quitting- because as bad as MM may be now I bet it is not as bad as BM had it. It's not like people constantly told you how to play, laugh at you about being a certain specc or even let you die because you dared argue you were said specc because dear me you pay for your game time you should specc how you want. Because quitting won't get you anywhere.

Just grit your teeth, bear the pain, and trudge forward. It's what I did for my hunters, because even when I tried to be the other speccs for my BM hunters, I found myself angry at myself for giving in and respecced to BM asap.

Besides, rotations aren't as concrete as they were before the patch. Besides do you think MM is the only thing/specc hurting? No, other speccs and classes are hurting too, or are to op, or to under powered or still to broken or still need fixes.

And we don't even know how things will be for endgame. It could be that MM sucks, until you hit 81.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I have yet to start using my marks spec. I gotta fix my Glyps and get a Mark's pet. From just the shots alone I have not really seen any difference in the spec. I guess I will find out when I try it out. It's hard to get into Voa now as it feels like you gotta beg to get in.