Personal trophy items

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Personal trophy items

Unread post by Skyshot »

I'm not sure how many of you are the same as myself when it comes to hoarding old items which no longer hold value. By 'no value' I speak in the sense of items that used to be end game or just items you worked really hard for that people no longer seem to care about these days. ..Well other then yourself and a few other like-minded folk that hold such items as personal trophies. The kind of trophies that you worked hard for (either by yourself or with a group of friends) that you often marvel at or take out/equip and afk in a major city to show off. A way of saying "been there, done that, and got the epic quality t-shirt". xD

On my hunter, Orva, I have a little collection going of (mainly) level 60 epics from raids, quests, or world bosses. All of which I obtained either solo or with a fellow hunter pal of mine.
-My Skybreaker Whip from winning the dragonmaw races
-The old lvl60 hunter epic Bow/Staff/Quiver (which once again has value as an actual 24 slot bag)
-The signet ring of the bronze dragonflight
-Malfurion's signet ring from the small chain that comes with a Nightmare Engulfed Object
-The item Agent of Nozdormu from the gates of AQ quest chain
-Good reading material with The War of the Shifting Sands
-The Primal Blessing weapon set from ZG
-Last is an extra Heart of Hakkar I plan to hold on to for when ZG gets removed. Just to look back on and smile. :]

All of which are items I feel will one day be few and far between with either players losing interest in them or loss of the instance/quest/etc that awards them.

So how many of you have items you consider personal trophies?
Any items you plan to get before Cata hits? :D

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Re: Personal trophy items

Unread post by bluddy »

i'm having to many trophy items...*better stops talking*
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Benediction for my priest. :3 Also, Icecore Staff and the tier 8 priest set when ulduar was still engame content. It's still my number one favourite raid.
Argent Dawn tabard from the scourge invasion.
Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix. <3 Love that model.

I'd love to get Valanyr for my priest. I'm a 10man raider, so I'm probably not going to get the chance to farm it before lvl 85..
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I have the Argent Dawn tabard too, and the hunter epic set from the MC quest chain.

I'm a complete hoarder on my main, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this topic was the axe that was a limited drop from Karazhan during the scourge event before Wrath, the arcanite ripper. I'm particularly proud of that one (and my bat minipet). :)

Most useless item Sara has in her bank? The wicked awesome Red Dragonscale Protector. :lol:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, I used to try to keep a lot of things like that, but with my wardrobe collection quickly taking precedent I didn't have the space. I just keep a few things now, like Old Crafty and Old Ironjaw, Skorn's Rifle, and probably some others. But most of my hoarding is for outfits.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

My warlock's Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. Not many warlocks can brag about possessing something like that! :D

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

I have quite a few on my priest. Most notable is past tier gear, including 1, 2, aq40, 3, 5, 6, and 8 (4 I never got because the offtier was generally better and 7 was just a bad recoloring of 3) plus a smattering of sunwell stuff (I had the whole "set" but traded some of it for the "dps version" when wrath hit). I also still have a lot of my old attunement stuff, such as the old Ony key, UBRS key, Mara staff, and ZG mallet. And of course, benediction (with an extra Eye of Divinity for when I want to go chat with Ricole Nichie).

Plus my scepter of the shifting sands (admittedly well after the aq event - but a feat nonetheless).

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Crystalline Tear of Loyalty, as mentioned in that other thread.

*looks at impending wave of flames.*

Just kidding, seriously! Honestly! Ohfelpleasedon'tkillme...As for things I'll keep? There isn't much...Except Firewing's Signet, which is named after her. (Cause Fire came first, there before BC.)
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I have a couple things that are just for sentimental sake. For some reason, I've hung on to Cowlen's Bracers of Friendship, from a lowbie Draeni quest from back when I was a dwarf. I never use them for dress-up even...they just hang out in the bank! :lol: I also have my Loremaster letter, both Horde and Alliance! The Horde sent me one when I faction changed. ;) Hm...a stack of bullets...probably some other things, too.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Oh god, I have a 20-slot bag in my bank just filled with sentimental crap I can't bring myself to get rid of, like Cerah's very first mail armour (green-quality chainmail bikini), some holiday items I worked my ass off for, old trinkets and quest rewards I can't bring myself to get rid of, her ever-growing talbard collection (seriously, Blizz should put in a collection tab for those), a BC phoenix-shaped crossbow. I'll have to log in and check to get the names for sure, but she isn't alone. All my alts have their own collections too (Lighthope's [my pally's] collection of now-useless in combat dress-up shields comes to mind).

I really should clean out my bank more often.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Oh boy do I know how it feels to have a large tabard collection.
I really really.. really really hope that Blizz makes a "Tabard" tab like they did for mounts and companions. ;/

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

My murloc costume from the Blizzcon 07. Benediction (on both my priests! I ADORE that quest!), attunement keys for Onyxia, Upper Blackrock, Mauradon and others. The teleporter key for Gnomer. A "lucky charm" item that was given to me by a friend, bits and pieces from the various tier sets, my rare tabards, the letter I earned for Loremaster and the one from Brann and the Explorer's League. A little green quality trinket called a "Nifty Stopwatch". My Tiny Voodoo Mask, and lots, lots more!

My bank is completely full to the brim with sentimental things, I'm such a sap.

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

Skyshot wrote:Oh boy do I know how it feels to have a large tabard collection.
I really really.. really really hope that Blizz makes a "Tabard" tab like they did for mounts and companions. ;/
It may not work for you (I know the difference between "I have it" and "I can have it" but I belive that any tabard you have worn can be thrown away and later rebought from the tabard dude in Dalaran, meaning you theoretically don't HAVE to have physical space for em all :D
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mockingbird wrote:
Skyshot wrote:Oh boy do I know how it feels to have a large tabard collection.
It may not work for you (I know the difference between "I have it" and "I can have it" but I belive that any tabard you have worn can be thrown away and later rebought from the tabard dude in Dalaran, meaning you theoretically don't HAVE to have physical space for em all :D
I have thought about that method before but determined I would be in the category of 'must physically have it'. x) I switch my tabard constantly, 90% of the time to one that matches the pet I currently have out. Even if not perfectly, I like the cohesive appearance it gives.
Loethlin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Loethlin »

Let me show you this screenshot:
I keep tier sets: 5, 7, 8 and 9.
Most epic weapons I used to wield, and some that look funky. Just like Soldiers in Anarchy Online keep a "weapon rack", so do I. Only I'm a mage.
Hood of Benevolence, Scarlet Sin'dorei robes, and other pretty attire
Some trinkets I had, only to remind me, what a pain it was getting them.
Tabards
Seasonal items
Every Steamy Romance Novel volume and some funny grey items.
Chef's RP attire.
Every thing that ever been tossed at me.

As you can see, my bank mostly consist of "I can't throw THAT away!" items, 5 bags full! Everything is a trophy.
Same situation afflicted my other characters as well.
I'm a major hoarder.
I REALLY need to make some room in there, else I'm not going to have space when Cata comes out.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I do this a lot on all my toons XD

On my rogue, I still have my gloves that I got on my first (and only really) Kara run. I won the badge thing that you turned in to get a tier set of gloves. Because I was noobish at the time, I still don't even know what tier they were, only that they were a REALLY cool blackish color. I think I still have the dagger I got in that run too. The funniest part is I won it like two weeks before Wrath came out, so it was ultimately quite useless in the long run, but...pretty....:D

He also has a pair of Worn Troll Dice that he keeps in his bags constantly just for the lulz. And that pre-wrath Scourge Event necklace that dropped...the one that constantly has a shade following you?

And on ANY toon, any time I get a piece of gear that I used for a long time and looked wicked cool, I keep it. Case in point; the gun in my tauren toon's sig right now is no longer in use but is safe in the bank, and my mage still has his pimp hat that he stopped using like 10 levels ago because AWESOME.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Tudyk
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thunderlord (A) Uther (H)

Unread post by Tudyk »

Things you can throw at people (Happy Fun Rock, Voodoo skull ...) seem to find their way into the corners of my bank. All of my chars (for some unknown reason) have that trinket that lets you talk to spirits in Caer Darrow, and a "rabbit's foot" they looted from a wolf somewhere early in their leveling career.

My hunter collects weapons (she's still got agi-enchanted Thornspikes and a pair of BSH floating around). My druid has the first green item she ever found, which just happens to be an adorable robe. My rogue has bags full of every single (grey) item you can pickpocket from a mob (1-70, anyways).

I'm using my hunter to transfer mats for an engy/JC goblin to a new server, so I've had to clean out her bank quite a bit. I'm starting to feel like she needs to be on one of those TV shows ...

Thanks to Pengupuff for the sig!