[Poll included]Learning a new class type?

What class type (and class) should I try and go for?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Tank
8%
Healer
8%
Warrior (Tank)
6%
Druid(Tank)
18%
Death Knight(Tank)
6%
Paladin(Tank)
12%
Priest(Healer)
10%
Shaman(Healer)
16%
Druid(Healer)
14%
Paladin(Healer)
2%

Total votes: 50

Tratzul
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Duskwood {US}

[Poll included]Learning a new class type?

Unread post by Tratzul »

(I forgot if I had put something like this up earlier. <.< Sorry if I did.)

Concerning the poll: 1.) Yes, You can fix your vote if you mess up. 2.) If you vote in the poll, please, at least just put what you voted. Kind of annoyed that I may get 10 votes, but only 3 people mentioned the voted item.[This is just to help me understand the voter's opinions. ^.^']

EDIT: Poll Help: I have 3 options selected, but I couldn't separate the options. 1 vote for class type; either Tank or Healer. Then 2 votes for whatever class type(s); like Druid (Healer)/Warrior(Tank).

Now, onto the question: I've been only doing DPS classes, and I'm slowly starting to get bored with just DPS. So, minus DPS, there's tanking and healing. I have tested both types, but I usually quit those types early (out of worry/ or I'm too chicken to keep going) usually before I even hit 10... @.@

You can include opinions of the class/ class type. (Just to possibly help me understand that class's use of the type?)

Also, I know that this answer is a possible "no", but is there any combination that makes to type of class a bit easier to learn with?
Last edited by Tratzul on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image | {Waiting for Cata}
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: [Poll included]Learning a new class type?

Unread post by Sarayana »

I find it kinda hard to vote without knowing what you like, but I went with druid heals and DK tank - those are two classes/specs I'm enjoying a LOT! They also seem easy classes to step into the new roles. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Tratzul
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Tratzul »

Oh. Play style. :p EDITED for Cerah's response.

----------------------------- New Response below, ignore the above --------------------------

Hm... play style... @.@ Believe it or not, I have no clue. ^.^'

I always favored BM Hunters, due to the pets... and I tend to just go with the flow, even if I'm bad. (I'm no pro player with my class. :p I play to have fun).

If I wasn't on my hunter, I always try to research the fight/ mobs I've dealt with before, and learn from them, for example: a mob can knock me down/back at random. I may be a bit overly cautious, since I recently had a Druid. As my hunters... I tended to be a bit reckless, due to my pet sometimes, but when I made my Druid, I learned to pay attention more, and slow way down. :p

(Again, not sure if any of this helps)
Last edited by Tratzul on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Like Sarayana said, it's hard to choose when we're not sure what your play style is.

I picked Pally Tank and Druid Healer though. Both are classes/specs I've tried, and both I've found to be quite effective at their jobs, and fun to play.

I'd dual spec the druid into Boomkin for soloing though.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Picked three of the four healers: priest, shammy, and pally.

Priest: You get the biggest possible toolbox (they have the most healing abilities to choose from) and two possible healing specs, which work differently.

Shaman: This is the class that Blizzard redesigned the other healing classes to work more like. It was the most well-rounded option in LK.

Paladin: Fewer buttons to hit than the other options, but in many ways, that makes your choices simpler. You still have many choices to make.

Druids tend to be trickier to pick up on due to most of their heals being HoTs. You have to plan ahead more to know just how much your target's health will go up and how long it will take.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

Druid!

Start as a tank I'd say (feral levelling is easy and fast, with the no-mana-breaks catform for soloing and the bear for dungeons and group quests).

But... buy a dual spec and hey! You're a healer too!

Plus, nothing in wow has ever given me the joy that flight form did the first time I got it.
Tratzul
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Tratzul »

Mockingbird, I'm not going to be interested in dual-specing. ^.^'

On Wispquill (yes, she's been deleted again <.<, my first level 80 [BM Hunter]), I could only afford the dual-spec at level 76, and then I couldn't wrap my head around any other spec.

I just don't want to do it (if it's any cheaper now), and then really struggle to understand 2 different specs... @.@ *brain explodes* ... Like that.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I voted DK and Pally tank. They're the most fun in my experience, and rather easy to learn.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

I personally have found tanking as a Paladin the funnest out of them all. I did end game tanking as a Druid in BC (hated it but it got me into raids), and a DK for a while in WOTLK (didnt like the rotations, until i turned into a Blood Tank which was pretty uncommon (before the switch))

Pally tank was the only one that I had a lot of fun with. I agree with Cerah too about if you're in the need for a healer, Druids are quite fun. I also really like playing as a Shammy healer too. I think overall Shaman's are not as common as druids though so perhaps you might have easier time obtaining gear (pending on what your guild is like)

Dual Spec is only 100g now if you were curious as well.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

Fair enough about dual spec. It IS much cheaper now (100g instead of 1000g I think).

If you just want one OR the other, I'd say healer druid then. Feral druid includes tank and damage, meaning two playstyles to learn (you could just pick one, but when your class and spec is capable of doing both, some people may question it).
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Druid heals, druid tank. It's great fun! *snugs Drassil*

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Went for the following choices:

Priest (healer)
Warrior (tank)
Healer

Why? :P - Having played both, I find Warrior tanking a nice challenge. I've not tried it since 4.0.1, but previous it was good fun.
Priest healer... As has been said previously, you get a lot of tools and 2 very different spec's to play with. So far I'm leveling a Disc priest and it's been real fun.

Good Luck with your selection :)

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I voted pally tank because its a lot of fun to throw shields at things faces,but now that I think about it if you're a hunter you like animals a lot too! So maybe druid is best you can try all the diff roles in one that way.
Tratzul
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Tratzul »

To everyone saying about a Druid Tank:

I have played on Druids before, farthest I've gotten was level 17, and I do like them... but I've looked for info on tanking as a bear, and barely found anything. I think Druid's bear form's Swipe has been pushed back towards even later levels, so tanking as a bear from the beginning may be extremely hard... @.@

I don't want people to stop voting for Druid tanks, but they just seem more "later is better" for tanking.

If tanking ended up winning, I would at least like for a tank I can learn with/gets at least one main tank skill (like a Pally's Consencrate AOE?, or something like it) to have early on, otherwise everyone may be pulling from me, and I have nothing to actually use. @.@
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Even though I've never reached a high level with one, I really enjoy Warriors for tanking. They just seem like the ideal class...as if they're supposed to be the tanks. I've really enjoyed the tools they have to keep threat, I have a lot of fun tanking with my baby Warrior.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yarr, pally and warrior tanking are my favorites.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

Trying to decide between Pala to warrior.. prob DPS..

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I'm holding off on the warrior until Cataclysm, she'll be my worgen toon to level with guildies.... I'm super antsy about it though, I haven't heard a single bad thing about warrior tanking since 4.0.1. Everyone praises it as the most awesome tanking class. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

i voted druid heals and pally tank :0 i play those soo i guess im a bit biased on it xD but druid healing is alot of fun, and fairly easy. Druids are easy to lvl since they can heal them self and still do damage soo not so many deaths lol. Pally tanks are just OP xD very easy to hold aggro, alot of fun and again like druids, you can lvl them fairly easy cause they can do damage and heal themself
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Unread post by Theaden »

I've played all 10 classes up to 70+. I loved the old Hunter class mechanics. Taming pets for their skills. Using Beast Lore to find the skill I need. Much love to Mania and all the info this site had with pet skills. I wish it was around the first couple months in Vanilla.

I will be leveling a Resto/Elemental Shammy to 85 after Theaden, with the 100 gold dual spec, I can get my practice my healing. I will be getting alot of alts to 75 Before CAT release for there Professions.