What happened to Shatterspear Village?

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

What happened to Shatterspear Village?

Unread post by Cerah »

One of the coolest things my bf and I did in Old Azeroth was travelling to the then-closed zone, Shatterspear Village, a hidden village of "dancing" Trolls in the north of Darkshore. My bf liked it so much that RP-wise, his Troll Mage made the place her home.

I just got to the now-accessible Shatterspear Village, to find the path leading up to it surrounded by Night Elf guards, hipogriff riders bombing the hell out of it, and a hostile giant Trent boxing the trolls in. There aren't *any* Horde-friendly NPCs that will talk, to tell me what the hell's going on.

Could any (evil) Ally players shed some light on this for me? WoWWiki is useless.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: What happened to Shatterspear Village?

Unread post by Azunara »

Uh...If I remember right from a long time ago in Beta, the trolls were messing with the NEs and they were chopping down their trees. The elves didn't like that, so they're taking them out. I think I may be wrong though...
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Azunara wrote:Uh...If I remember right from a long time ago in Beta, the trolls were messing with the NEs and they were chopping down their trees. The elves didn't like that, so they're taking them out. I think I may be wrong though...
"Rawr! This is our forest! Stop in the name of not making any progress as a civilization!"

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Saturo wrote:
Azunara wrote:Uh...If I remember right from a long time ago in Beta, the trolls were messing with the NEs and they were chopping down their trees. The elves didn't like that, so they're taking them out. I think I may be wrong though...
"Rawr! This is our forest! Stop in the name of not making any progress as a civilization!"
Pretty much.
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

1:40 to 2:09 of this video will shed some light.

Also, wowpedia is slightly more up-to-date than wowwiki, but not by much.
Last edited by Agravaine on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Headed up there just now on my Alliance Hunter, Silinrul, to check this out for you.

The Alli NPC's do NOT talk to you, they're just there attacking. However, there is also a named NE npc there, Kerlonian Evershade, leading me to believe this is probably part of a new quest series in Darkshore. I'd guess this also because a little to the left of the tunnel leading up to this village there's a Horde encampment with a whole bunch of Shatterspear Laborers out and about too, all at low levels, so I'm guessing this is a whole quest line now.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Cos Night elves don't like people with ears nearly as big as theirs?
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerah »

Agravaine wrote:1:40 to 2:09 of this video will shed some light.

Also, wowpedia is slightly more up-to-date than wowwiki, but not by much.
So it's f*&^ing Hellscream's fault! He pushed the Shatterspear into this, and now the tribe's been practically wiped out!

God damn ... I'm going to have to level up an Ally character just to kick his ass!

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Cerah wrote: So it's f*&^ing Hellscream's fault! He pushed the Shatterspear into this, and now the tribe's been practically wiped out!

God damn ... I'm going to have to level up an Ally character just to kick his ass!
I would SO agree with you on that if I wasn't so against the Alliance at the moment. Sure.. I'm gonna play about 5 Worgen, and I still love my Night Elf and Draenei.. But after what the Alliance have done to my favourite zone EVER... I just can't stand them. *Huggles random Tauren* I miss Camp Taurajo!!!! D: *Flails*

But yeah.. Garrosh is a jerk who can go die in a fire for all I care! NO MAKE THE MEAN ELVES HURT MAH TROLLIES!!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Hmm yes the alliance were not very nice to Camp Taurajo. I mean I just did those quests and its kind of hinted at that they killed kids D:
Senna-Umbreon

Mmhm. I feel so sorry for the Tauren lately... They've lost at least two outposts, their LEADER, and their original homeland... I mean, they've cut themselves off from THE BARRENS, which was where they lived until the Centaur drove them out. What's even worse is that Camp Taurajo is hardly any sort of 'war camp' or anything.. Lore-wise, it's full of civilians. And yet the Alliance still attacked.. For no fricken reason! It drives me insane how stupid and cruel they are.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yup this hole expack is bringing out the worst in both sides really. I think the Tauren should move to that cow level in diablo.
Senna-Umbreon

I'll say. The poor Tauren.. From what I can tell, they don't really want anything to do with Garrosh and his stupid plans. They just want to survive.

.... Them moving to the Cow Level would be pretty cool. Though if that happened, I wouldn't have my second favourite race.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerah »

I'm going to have to race-change Cerah. I honestly can't stand being an Orc anymore with Garrosh in charge, and the other Orcs too stupid to realize what a f*&^ing idiot he is.

Should I be a Tauren or Troll?

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Goblin.

Of the two I'd vote troll. I feel the exact same way about orcs now. I just can't stand them after having met so many with the greeting "Did you hear how our hero Garrosh defeated the Lich King?". -.-

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Since I RP Wassa as a Shatterspear troll, I've been hanging out in this place a lot, killing all the alliance NPCs I can. The elf sentinels are PvP flagged so I've gotten a few PvP battles as alliance come through the area questing trying to kill me; key word being "try" hehe.

OUT OF MAH HOME, ELFIES! DIS ISH TROLL LAND!

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Apparently Garrosh being a colossal jerk is part of a bigger picture where you're supposed to be outraged etc. etc.... That's exactly what they were going for, and something's gotta give.

Senna-Umbreon

Cerah wrote:I'm going to have to race-change Cerah. I honestly can't stand being an Orc anymore with Garrosh in charge, and the other Orcs too stupid to realize what a f*&^ing idiot he is.

Should I be a Tauren or Troll?
Trooollllllllllll!! Trollies rule~! As much as I love Tauren.. Trolls are still my favourite race, so I definitely vote for Trolls! <3

Also... *Punts a bunch of Night Elves out of Shatterspear Village* GEET OUT!! (... Why yes, I do talk weirdly sometimes. XD)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Eh, to you Horde fans, I could argue Southshore is a pretty nice example of Horde being evil. Granted, that's the Forsaken, so it's a stretch...But Southshore wasn't the most militaristic of towns either.

Meh. I don't know enough about lore and whatnot to argue much. Carry on. I'll just keep loving my NE druid and my human lock. (No, really. I am really loving my lock. It's scary. >.>)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I stopped by there the other day as I went to pick up the Withers minipet. I'd wanted to see the newly accessible Village, and was sad to see it under attack. I did the same thing as you, Wassa, I went around and killed all of the night elves before I left.

Speaking of the Tauren stuff, someone mentioned there's a severed Tauren head in a tree in The Barrens. =/